Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.2.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Buff Demogorgon

He doesn't break pallets when he dashes,He can't teleport when survivors are doing his traps and the animation while he's teleporting is too slown.M1 simulator like Legion,I'm so disappointed.Idk how people can say that he's OP,maybe they've tried him by using Ultra-rare add-ons.

Comments

• Devil_hit11Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 1,573

The killer is fine, needs no buffs, but I will say the killer is quite challenging to play correctly. From my limited experience, the killer is excels at being able to attack linear loops with lunge attack. It's pretty easy to use obstacles against it similar to Huntress Hatchets and you can juke the dash, People will need a lot of time to learn how to effectively use dash attack.

The Tunnels are good hook momentum since you can place them next to hooks then when a person get hooked, just place a tunnel and go straight to the hook. Same thing for generators if you have surveillance and Totems if you use Thrill of the hunt. In any case, the killer has some potential.

I love the new map. It's so detail and looks beautiful. It has such good atmosphere, very good job on the map.

• trendyfartknockertrendyfartknocker Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2019

I concur. I was shocked to find out this wasn't part of the shred ability to begin with. It just seems natural. The Shred ability has a cooldown built in, so it's not like allowing it to break a pallet would be overpowered. The breaking of the pallet still comes with a cooldown from the dash.

It seems like the devs are so overly afraid of any balance issue that favors the killer that they're perfectly fine churning out legions of middle of the road boring M1 killers. This new killer had a lot of potential, but as it stands, I'll probably stick with huntress/spirit/billy/nurse. Tell me, is that the longevity you're looking for? A game that churns out new useless killers that very few actually want to play?

*coughclowncoughlegioncoughghostfacecoughplague*

Post edited by trendyfartknocker on
  • CamscamPlaysTVCamscamPlaysTV Member Posts: 16

Honestly I genuinely hope that he gets some sort of buff to his kit, currently even if you go through your portals when someone's nearby or destroying it they're already a mile away after you turn in a 360° to find where they went and chase.

M2 is completely useless save for (as someone above said) linear pathways and choke points and baiting AD spam. His kit feels lacking and it seems as if his M2 should do more than it does at the very least. Either give us less time to chase after using portals or give us the pallet break as base kit (really leaning on the ladder).

He needs more potential like other killers, don't fail the one killer that's gonna bring the MOST hype to your game given how modern and cool it is. I want to main him but currently there's no way he'll be a good pick against a team of rank 1 survivor's.

• FruitFruit Member Posts: 13

Its a pink addon that gives him a huge debuff in the form a move speed decrease when charging the lunge. this completely negates any benefit you get from destroying the pallets with a lunge, especially when the animation that happens when you do it is longer than the actual pallet break.

I'd either remove the speed decrease from the addon, or make the pallet break part of his base kit to give him more chase utility.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

You misunderstand. That's a speed INCREASE:

A psychedelic moss that grows on tree barks in the Upside Down.

• Colliding with a dropped Pallet 
    •  while using Shred will automatically destroy the dropped Pallet.
    • Slightly increases Of the Abyss Activation Charge speed.

• JanickJanick Dev Posts: 160

Hello

You are misunderstanding the secondary effect

Slightly Decrease Pounce attack/Upside Down Charge: Time to charge gets faster

This allow you to use your pounce (charge) attack faster. its not a debuff and dosent affect your movement speed at all.

• FruitFruit Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2019

I could have sworn it was slightly increases, guess I'm dumb, my bad. I still think the pallet breaking should be part of the base kit. You shouldn't need to run addons to be viable at high ranks imo. I'm still fairly sure the current pallet break animation with the lunge is longer than the default pallet breaking though.

• ShyN3koShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

Then its spelled wrong in the german version.

"Slightly increase Pounce attack/Upside Down Charge"

I write in in english, because nobody can german.

• NoxeriasNoxerias Member Posts: 93
    edited September 2019

I agree, the pallet breaking should be base and maybe the ultra rare addon could make the shred attack a instant down like billy but with some downsides to compensate for the shift in power. Since it's a ultra rare it would be fitting for such a powerful change.

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 391

Wow. Slow it down there. the devs are going to be hard pressed just to give us a simple pallete break. Lets not scare them off with big sudden ideas like an insta-down addon.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

Hello, I'm here to offer constructive feedback to you Janick:

The Demogorgon is fine, but I think his portals are lackluster for the most part. I think his portals should give reveal the auras of all survivors within a 16 meter range to his exit portal.

It doesn't have to be auras, but it should be something that compliments his undetectable status effect (or you can increase its base time to maybe 5 seconds). :)

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Demo is fine, some add-ons are meh but overall he's in a decent place and he doesn't even need the add-ons which feels amazing.

Some people are saying his Shred/lunge is too powerful but if Demo's lunge is too OP then Billy is too because he has an insta down and Demo doesn't lol

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 391

@NMCKE

"the demogorgon is fine"..."I think it's portals are lackluster"

I've never seen anybody contradict themselves in one sentence before. Impressive.

• LarisaLarisa Member Posts: 177

I would love him getting this m2 breaking pallets as his basic feature. He feels a bit shy and clumsy without it and it is not something powerful for being a pink ultra rare add on. Pink Ultra rares give so much for other killers, but breaking pallets doesn't even affect the chase that much.

Anyway, Demogorgon is a total cutiepie <3

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 926

You don't know that persons criteria for what they wish for the Demogorgon. Fine, obviously, isn't good enough if things can be improved.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,592

Its because the lunge carries him. Thats how i understood it anyway.

Like how you could say Pig is fine but the dash is situational. The bear traps still make pig fine due to slowing survivors down.

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 8,050

Well, it is fine for the most part, but you don't see anyone saying his portals are good, ya know? :)

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Demogorgon can just use portal replacements, like hag or freddy, with a trap above the limit deletes the 1st one put down etc.

• Dabrownman1812Dabrownman1812 Member Posts: 1,857

Let's keep playing and see what comes up! Great design of characters, maps, and sound to the devs!

• BloodartistBloodartist Member Posts: 81
    edited September 2019

• He has nothing against loops
    • He is big and easy to spot
    • The lunge is weak due that it goes in a straight line and is thus easy to dodge as it is also telegraphed. The lunge collides with things easily.
    • His portals are slow to use, have cooldown, can be removed, and the biggest issue is that they end up being in wrong places as the match progresses as survivors have no need to go back to an area where generators have been finished. At the very LEAST he needs a QoL change to be able to destroy his own portals. The portals are also difficult to pick if two portals by chance happen to be in a line.

He has basically no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Goddamn teddy bear. The portals are a nice concept but atm they are too clumsy to use and so damn slow.. I've never played a less dangerous killer in this game. Previously I considered Leatherface the worst, but dandelion here might take the cake.

I want him to be better since he looks cool, and the concept is nice.

Suggestion: At the very least you need to buff his base speed and give him ability to destroy his own portals.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807
    • Shred lets him cover some loops such as jungle gyms
    • Not a big weakness, he's not a stealth Killer
    • It's fast enough that you can't react to it when trying to dodge, it has a large hitbox making it even harder to dodge and it can be canceled instantly for mindgames
    • His portals when used behind cover lets him get the jump on people with undetectible before they have time to get to a loop. Sure you won't get a gen grab but you will still catch them out in the open.
    • His portals are the fastest method of point to point teleportation in the game. Freddies is a 60 second cooldown and Hag's is 30 seconds when using mint rag (base kit is non-comparable). His is only 14 seconds by comparison, is faster than Freddy in most cases and has infinite range unlike the Hag's. Also the KI is a big deal that you should NEVER underestimate, that information can let you stall out games for a long time if you know what you are doing. But yeah he should be able to destroy his own portals.
    • When you have a portal somewhere you can use to set up a jump scare while they are oblivious, you can use KI in order to check if they are there thus making it a very reliable tactic for catching Survivors out in the open.
  • SomeissuesSomeissues Member Posts: 1,466
    edited September 2019

Agreed, it should not be his ultra rare. It's too weak for an Ultra Rare. After you break the pellet with it, the recovery is longer than Billy and Leatherface. if it breaks then no recovery required then it's good, but it doesn't right now.

The ultra rare should be changed to allow the Demo to have an extra dash at the expense of much longer cooldown to make it worth Ultra Rare.

The Tunnels having Limits is already a massive downsides, that staying is fine, but at the very least the breaking pellet part really should be part of his kit

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,631

The demogorgon is okay for now, needs no buff nore a nerf..... let's allow it to go live and maybe mid chapter adjustments will need to be made one way or another..... I don't think any of the content creators have really gotten used to the portals from what I've seen so its difficult to say what would have to be done and in the right manner.