We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Increase the tick rate for a better experience.

@Peanits Can you tell the team to increase the tick rate a bit. Tick rate will help a bit for hitboxes but never will be perfect because survivor will be intouchable otherwise.

Your servers have a delay of 1 or 2s even with green ping, this can be seen with nurse , plague , myers and huntress mostly. increasing the tick rate will increase the rate that servers refresh actions.

Comments

• xP3nnyWizexP3nnyWize Member Posts: 213

agreed.

• Rokku_RorruRokku_Rorru Member Posts: 125

This please, it's a problem in some MMO's that use servers where they have a slow tick rate and it makes PvP next to unbareable on them (FFXIV is an example).

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 122
    edited September 5

Totally agree.

I just had a match with Demogorgon (green ping) and even then there was a delay of 2 seconds. He could hit me when I was not even near (it happened three times that he hit me on the opposite side of a wall or loop).

That was an awful experience...

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 331
    edited September 5

dedicated servers are no longer enabled. They were disabled when the stranger things chapter was enabled.

Didn't realize at the time, they were reenabled, but that was just today a few hours ago just so that everyone is clear on whether or not you were on the dedicated servers.

• AngryFluffyAngryFluffy Member Posts: 122

Yeah, I know. But it was at the time when they were re-enabled. I wanted to test them again, i thought they might already changed something, but I'm still disappointed of the dedicated servers. In my opinion they are worse than killer being the host, which is really sad.

When they were announced, I was so happy about it but now that I tested them on my own, I hope they won't be released in the current state.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 617
    edited September 6

I don't think they will do it as this puts more stress on the servers (and they likely already run at 100%) as well as using more bandwidth (is VERY expensive in AWS).

• CyberianFauxCyberianFaux Member Posts: 100

Perhaps they could make the tick rate dynamic then. Perhaps make powers such as Huntress, Plague, and Shape have a higher tick rate to stop their powers breaking.

• CyberianFauxCyberianFaux Member Posts: 100

I don't know anything about servers though so that may not be a possibility the way the servers are atm (due to behind the scenes agreements or computational limitations). I only worked with servers once in college while pursuing a degree in software engineering (glad I gave that up as I was always so stressed I could take a heart attack at any moment). In my third year, we did a project with the seniors to make an AR navigation app that would guide people around campus. I was on the team responsible for the algorithms that calculated things and the code for the actual phone to use. Needless to say, servers aren't really something I specialized in.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 617
    edited September 7

Interesting! Yeah server computation need increases exponentially with tick rate, nearly same as when running DBD with 144 Hz or higher, CPU usage has no bounds :')

EDIT: This is because they are actually doing SO MANY and TOO MUCH calculations per-frame (!). That is what hurts performance in-game the most!