Home Discussions General Discussions

Moris and Keys need to be changed.

When I play survivor on PS4 nearly every killer brings a mori. I've been stuck at rank 4 for 2 weeks now because of how frequently I get moried. I don't see keys as much as I do ebony moris, but they're still a pain and are terrible for the games health. Both need reworks.

Comments

• OGOzSnowChimpOGOzSnowChimp Member Posts: 247

No.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member Posts: 14,127

They’re both fine imo

• TheGorgonTheGorgon Member Posts: 655
    edited September 2019

Ebony Mori's are not fine in the least, it's really hard not to be hooked at least once, unless you're Zubat, but. Listen, Ebony's are a pain to go against because they guarantee a de-pip/safety on a survivor basically, and when a killer looks like his going to get a 4k, closed hatch, and it doesn't matter a bit because the survivor opened the hatch.

• deadbyhitboxdeadbyhitbox Member Posts: 975

Personally I find them really unhealthy. They're so unfun for both sides. I hate going into nearly every game just to get tunneled, camped and moried. Same with killer, I hate playing well and very frequently having someone escape through the hatch because of a key. They're both too frequent for the power they give.

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,201

Keys are fine.

Game times are short enough as is. I agree, being able to end the game so early very frequently doesn't sit right.

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 375

What if ebony moris just became more rare?

edited September 2019

Some people have 100's of them stocked up already. There needs to be an actual change to them.

• RougeRouge Member Posts: 96

I don't really have an issue with keys, never seen them work on me before. But moris are a bit of a problem, I am a firm believer of them only applying to people when they are DOH for extra BP and style points. But allow tombstone to remain, I think it's a cool playstyle.

• FluorescentLemonFluorescentLemon Member Posts: 240

Less worried about keys than I am insta-heals.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 7,900

I don't think rarity increase is a good way to balance something OP. It just makes the imbalance happen less frequently instead of lessening its impact on a game.

Mmm kay, what if survivors got points for getting killed? Or there were a series of skill checks to hit in order to escape?

As a killer main i get the issue at hand, bit moris are just so fun.

• JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 641
    edited September 2019

mori's need a rework just like Decisive strike got a much deserved rework.

is it gonna happen? not anytime soon is my guess.

• DerpDerp Member Posts: 157

Mories definitely need a nerf but I think keys are fine. Finding the hatch is very difficult and it takes a while to spawn. If the person with the key is the last one alive, then you're gonna have to defend both the hatch and the gate. If you can't then tough luck. Overall, they're just not that good since it's only useful towards the end of the game and you're most likely to die before you even have the chance to use it, unless you just don't care about the other survivors and get out through the hatch all by yourself.

@TAG i think there is a place for "op" abilities in a game like this, just at a vast reduction of frequency. If it happened once every 50 games for a survivor, it would probably bring a sense of urgency rather then discontent. Perhaps there could be a limit on how many you could have in inventory as well too prevent stock piling.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 1,112

What rank are you playing at with all these mori's? I'm on ps4 too and I only see it if they are running devour or dying light

Just my opinion, but I think you are understating the impact a key can have. Keys are fine IMO when they are used to open the Hatch after the Killer has closed it. They're also fine, oddly enough, for a four-man Hatch escape because that requires the gens to all be done, so all you're doing at that point is using an alternate means of escape when the primary means is accessible. The problem is with being able to open it prematurely and escape with 2-3 people. It is not as difficult as you make it out to be to find the Hatch before it's open, find someone, have them follow you to the Hatch, and then make the escape. Even if there are three people left and you only get two out, the Killer is now suddenly stuck with only two kills at best and at risk of only one with no warning. And the worst part is that there is little the Killer can do about it outside of being in the right place at the right time. They can't even counterplay it with something like Franklin's Demise because there is nothing stopping someone from just noting the Key's location and picking it up later.

Ehhh, can't say I agree here. I think if you want to have something powerful and game-changing, it should be something that you have to work for or that comes with a trade-off. Not something just randomly handed to you every now and again.

@TAG p1 moris only last alive

P2 after two hooks

P3 after 1, a max of two per game?

Work work me here.

• Mister_xDMister_xD Member Posts: 5,314

moris in general are fine, and so are keys.

the only thing i would nerf would be the dull key, since i find it to be too powerful for a very rare item.

if the dull key would only allow one person to escape through the hatch, it would be better.

and it would be neat if a person using a key could be grabbed out of the hatch, so its not a completely free escape, just like moris need you to be hooked once before getting killed.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,046

They're both fine.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 837

Let's add Anti-Hemorrhagic Syringe to that list as well.

• NoShinyPonyNoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Keys, moris and insta-heals should be adjusted. Don't change moris without changing insta-heals.

• ChickenchaserChickenchaser Member Posts: 391

As long as SWF groups can do 3 gens in 120-150 seconds mori is a necessary addon simply for balance issues.

10 seconds a chase, and 3 hooks on everyone is exactly 120 seconds. Add 36 seconds to walk to the hooks (3 seconds for each hook). That's 156 seconds if the killer makes absolutely no mistakes, and plays better than anyone has ever played DBD. Even then the killer has lost 3 gens, and is playing catch-up on the last hook to win the game. You need a freakin mori in this scenario unless you're a DBD god.

Add 20 seconds for decisive strike if you get stuned 4 times. Or a whopping 240 seconds if you respect everyones 60 second BS snowflake safe space. Not including flashlight stuns, broken loops, palletes, and rng all adding even more seconds. That's every survivor getting 60 free seconds to do a gen, or forcing the killer to lose 5 seconds. Either way the killer has a serious up hill battle.

It takes a m1 killer without movement powers 10 seconds or more to cross the map. That doesn't sound like much, but that 10 seconds is a devastating waste of time.

This is why spirit, nurse, and hilbilly are truly the only viable killers. You physically can't stop gens when it can potentially take too long (at no fault of the killer) to get all sacrifices. Even a potato survivor group can finish all gens in 250 seconds.

You cannot apply the pressure necessary when the killer can't physically get there fast enough. All middle range killers are the underdogs in red ranks, and until gens are slowed down, or survivors get a second objective moris should stay exactly the way they are.

That being said a mori addon on nurse, hilbilly, and spirit is unbalanced. But only on them.

• HuntressIsMyFavXDHuntressIsMyFavXD Member Posts: 132

I disagree, I used the AHS but it didn't insta, becuz I didn't know how to use it, only today I learned how even though I have played for months