Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

New map

karimewkarimew Member Posts: 37

The map looks like a crotus pen asylum meets a little bit of a cirus. Idk, I expected a full on circus/carnival map and instead I got crotus pen asylum with a church in the middle and a fortune teller ):

Comments

• DomTheSkunkDomTheSkunk Member Posts: 24

where did you see the new map??

• karimewkarimew Member Posts: 37

@DomTheSkunk said:

On the PTB

@karimew said:

@DomTheSkunk said:

On the PTB

there is no new offering and in Kill Your Friends you can't choose the map...

• MasterMaster Member Posts: 10,205

New map was really dissapointing

• Science_GuyScience_Guy Member Posts: 1,235

The map has an undead horse, come on, that's pretty cool.

Honestly I think there are enough unique assets with the main building and the outlying circus area to make it feel distinct from the Asylum.

• karimewkarimew Member Posts: 37

@DomTheSkunk said:

@karimew said:

@DomTheSkunk said:

On the PTB

When I did KYF, the map was there as an option :)

@karimew said:

@DomTheSkunk said:

@karimew said:

@DomTheSkunk said:

On the PTB

When I did KYF, the map was there as an option :)

I didn't see that it was in crotus pen. that's why I didn't find it x) but thanks

• ektoekto Member Posts: 103

Honestly I knew from the moment I figured out the new Killer was the Clown that if the map wasn't going to be a circus it'd be a letdown. I think they did what they could, if not a little more. A whole circus map probably would've costed a lot of resources, and I think this was a decent compromise. Touché, I suppose.

• the new map is literally jerry-build.They just copy the map Crotus and make some little change.That is muddle through that work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 7,448

Yeah i was heavily disappointed, especially seeing as this is some of the most time they have had yet to work on a DLC. Feels like a cop out.

• AnnaKitsun3AnnaKitsun3 Member Posts: 14

hoping that this is a place holder D:

• TeebsTeebs Member Posts: 1

Same really disappointed in the map design it feels way to similar to crotus prenn Asylum. I dont like how all of the circus probs are only on one small section of the map as well they should of atleast added more props around the map.

• TemoriTemori Member Posts: 27

If it would be an asument park that would be so cool

• RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

+1, expected a full map for this clown guy.
    A circus map has a LOT of potential. You could even do moving juking spots such as a Ghost train and such.
    Could have been so much fun.

• linglingenlinglingen Member Posts: 40

+1. Was hoping for a circus map, I feel this map was lazy.

• grisstylgrisstyl Member Posts: 110

I thought it would super neat if it was like The Game in that repairing each generator changes the map in some import way like animating circus and carnival equipment to change the gameplay.

• TheOwlTheOwl Member Posts: 100

I have to agree that the map is very disappointing. When the developers first made the tease that the killer would be circus related, I think that I was more excited for the new map than any other addition from this DLC since a circus-themed level has such great potential. However, what they gave to us, in my opinion, is underwhelming. The last map that the developers made, "the game," is such a wonderfully designed map, and this new map, (while not terrible), is not close to being on the same level of quality which makes it even more depressing.

I believe that adding circus-themed items to cover the rest of the map would genuinely help to improve the aesthetic of it. Right now, the placement of just a few things on one side of the map does make it look very odd and out of place.

• AshiCat89AshiCat89 Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    I honestly feel that the map has had too much emphasis on the church when there is nothing about it in his back story or anything. If you're bringing in a killer priest, that would be cool but for a clown, not convinced. However, I do really love the animated horse. He's cool. 
  • TradebaronTradebaron Member Posts: 135
    I'm disappointed too, however from the lore I think they were going with a continuation of his story.

See he fled his hunting areas on his caravan, and basically was swallowed by the Fog and brought to the Entity's domain. From the lore of the new map, it suggests a temporary resting spot for his caravan, which happened to be in the nurses realm.

They mentioned him as a parasite that drifts from carnival to circus, so it's fitting he's bumming on the nurse's turf, lol.

That said I'd love for new versions of other maps with carnival themes to show him parasitically camping on other killer domains.
  • DarktronikDarktronik Member Posts: 94

I did not play at the new map yet but I would expect something like the circus map of Killing Floor 2.