Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.2.0 PTB Dedicated Servers Feedback

Playing survivor is miserable with dedicated servers

If dedicated servers are like this on release, I will probably stop playing. It is a free win if you have high ping as killer and you can't even see the killers ping as survivor.

Even if I have 60 ping, the killer with bad ping can hit you after getting stunned by the pallet, jumping through a window, or just 2 meters behind you.

Comments

• xChrisxxChrisx Member Posts: 917
    edited September 2019

Something Will change for sure because huntress plague and killer in general is unplayable

• Mat_SellaMat_Sella Member Posts: 3,100

They are as unplayable as they are broken, as hatchets sometimes register twice. same goes for Corrupted blood with Plague

• Michael7509Michael7509 Member Posts: 8

Agreed, as a survivor, I keep getting hit at times where it seems like it shouldn't have hit at all. Most of the time, it's when I am at the peak of finishing a pallet jump, where it says I got off the pallet on the other side, but the killer is still able to hit me somehow right before the animation finishes. Overall, I would say the dedicated servers have changed the play-style enormously as now I have no idea as to which length of distance is good enough where the killer won't be able to hit me. A delay to the dedicated servers and a fix would be greatly appreciated!

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

I also hope they figure out (almost) all the bugs and we will certainly have a good experience when they launch. I'm sure!

• AjaxGuntersonAjaxGunterson Member Posts: 40

It's not a problem with hitboxes at all, it's a problem with how the server handles interactions when somebody is lagging. It seems like with this the killer's client tells the server that it hit a survivor because it hasn't recieved the info that they're supposed to be stunned yet. I'm sure this can be fixed.

• Frugl1Frugl1 Member Posts: 72

DBD does not use traditional "hitboxes", just the same capsule collider the the rest of the physics systems use, and it moves with the local origin of the survivor pawn. Hits are simply a check if the the hit cone intersected with the survivor collision capsule during a specific period of time.

So no, "hitboxes" are not piss poor. You are getting hit when you should on the killer's screen, not accounting for how much your local simulation deviates from the authoritative one.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 893

Yeah, well said but now the "authoritative one" is the server.. with latency.. For both ends..