The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Campers, tunnelers and other 0 skill people.

JustDoSomethingJustDoSomething Member Posts: 1
edited September 8 in Feedback and Suggestions

Something that is seriously destroying the fun on every game. Camping and tunneling.

So to not write too much here- straight to the point with ideas I got.

When killer is camping the hook other survivors get boost to gen repair speed. The longer he camps, the bigger this boost is getting, the boost could be capped at let's say 200% max. Maybe more? (or uncapped completely and keep progressing as the killer keeps camping? Don't know if it wouldn't be too broken).

Ofc to avoid situations like killer getting out of hook range to remove that boost and go back to camping - when killer leaves the certain radius (guess up to devs to define how big is- let's call it like that- "camping radius") from hook the boost starts to slowly deplete as it was slowly rising during the camp.

The "camping" shouldn't start right away after hooking the surv also. ~5-10 seconds of camping before the boost starts to progress is reasonable time I think.

The camped survivor also gets points for gens being fixed and progress towards the emblem.

__

Tunneling point- here's pretty short idea. The way how borrowed time is working now - make it base game mechanic and change Borrowed Time perk so that it protects the unhooking person if he is injured (if player performing the unhook is healthy, then there's no borrowed time effect).

*if I'm not wrong Borrowed Time is applied when within terror radius- so it won't trigger when there's cloaked wraith nearby (or something else that doesn't have terror radius at the moment around). If there is hidden killer within terror radius range- Borrowed Time still applies (but doesn't show the info to the survivor so that it'd not give him an idea about the killer nearby).

I realize it not gonna stop tunneling as it is- but it gonna give any chance to the poor tunneled one.

______

Thoughts? Suggestions about the idea?

I did rethink my ideas and I don't think there are some serious drawbacks (I might be wrong). So what do you guys think about it overall.

Comments

• KumakxKumakx Member Posts: 126

Devs said that camping is allowed legit tactic. Rather bad, because if survivors know how to play killer wont pip that way but oh well, it's his problem.

Hate being tunneled? Bring DS & get better at looping.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 3,984

Camping is a legit strategy and is in the game so nah. Also hate to ask but because most people who make threads like this are new are you new? If you are once you get a lot more experience you will see why camping and tunneling ain't a big issue.

• EntityEvictorEntityEvictor Member Posts: 343

If anything Proximaty should slow sacrifice progress, personally it's not a big issue imo

• Doc_W__HOLLIDAYDoc_W__HOLLIDAY Member Posts: 1,568

Another one of these posts?