The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

How would you change Legion's power to be skill based and useful?

AhoyWolfAhoyWolf Member Posts: 219
edited September 8 in General Discussions

^ title

Comments

• NullSp3cNullSp3c Member Posts: 357
    edited September 16

Post edited by NullSp3c on
  • TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,714

If it were up to me, I'd scrap it entirely and find some way to incorporate his friends into his Killer power.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

Same, remove his borrowed time power and let's create a Legion of killers

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 548

I would undone the Legion patch, but fix the exploits before and delete Franks Mixtape and the green and purple knife addon.

With that, the Legion would not only be balanced for the most parts of the game (besides red ranks), but it would also be a lot sophisticated as the Legion before and the Legion today.

There was a reason, why no streamer has shown the "boring" side, or the "opness" of the Legion without having Franks Mixtape and/or one of the knifes in slot - because without those crap addons, the Legion was in parts totally different to what she was known for.

• NullSp3cNullSp3c Member Posts: 357
    edited September 16

Post edited by NullSp3c on
  • Simple fix,

Vault speed: 1.00 for Windows, and 1.15 for pallets.

Deep Wounds: hiting a survivor adds 5 seconds to mend. (Max 30 seconds)

Add-ons: All apply status on first DW hit.

Frank's Mixtape: slightly increase movement speed while in frenzy by 0.26, However frenzy now lasts 8 seconds (base).

When hiting a survivor out of frenzy suffer a 50% penalty. (Or 25%)

This seems like the best way to buff legion IMO, while leaving some counter play

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,952
  • Sadly if not punishment were implemented, (Personally I don't think legion needs a punishment for m1) legion could M1 one survivor (downed) and chase another using their power applying heavy pressure, which would lead to the same "Legion is OP and they make this game boring...etc." I don't think they (Legion) deserves to be punished for using M1.

Tl:DR no punishment it could be abused, some punishment it stays the same as is now kind of.

• ExerlinExerlin Member Posts: 292

I'd just make the power work almost exactly as it did before. The only things I'd change is to disallow legion to down people with frenzy or the chase exploit, keep legion's current 115% speed, and keep legion's missing penalty. That would be ideal

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 3,952
    edited September 9

I mean, that's not an example of abuse. It's just good Killer play.

It requires you to down a Survivor, slug that Survivor and then quickly find another Survivor, or Injure a Survivor and switch targets which is mostly pointless.

• TalmeerTalmeer Member Posts: 548
    edited September 9

I don't believe that a m1 penalty could work with the Legion. No matter if she gots implemented because of balance or "skill" reasons.

Mostly because of the audience the Legion speaks to is imo build around people that like to have that "stabby stabby" feeling.

And that should not be a surprise. Bhvr has advertised the Legion as such a killer.

The people see there in the videos a killer who is fast moving and fast stabbing and then they buy the dlc... In the moment, just to getting upset then about bhvr and dbd, because the advertisement videos are currently a lie, how we all know.

I have play a lot with the pre patch Legion without addons and in my opinion you don't needed for this Legion more or less skill, as for all the other killers.

The named addons from me, were in my opinion so bad, because they have taken out the weaknesses of the Legion.

The Legion without addons had only a short frenzy duration, but was still viable in this time (well.. you have mostly hit a survivor 1-2 times then the frenzy was over, in some veeery rar cases 3 times if the survivor for you had just bad luck, or was a potato).

Imo, even to this day, bhvr don't gets it, that they have speak with the Legion to a totally new audience, that could have lead to a complete new group of players (like in some mmo's some people would never play a warrior, but they for sure play that random mmo because they can fire up there their lightning bolds as some sort of magic class).

With this new audience, nothing would work that punishs you 3.000 times x for just doing your "job" (aka. killing survs) and that means... His/hers abilities needed to be limited, to not let the Legion become op. Something that was given with the short frenzy time and got erased by the named addons.

Not important if we talk about skill reasons, or balance reasons, -with all that in mind I don't get it why they have nerf the Legion on the way they did.*

The Legion today need less skill, as the Legion before (without addons) and is totally boring to play imo.

Edit:* Besides of course hysterical survivor complainmens. If only they had asked the experts in this matter - aka. the Legion mains - then they would not have make such a ... (I don't like to speak that word out so ... ***) patch.