We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Demogorgan stat questions

NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,012
  1. How far does Shread Travel?
  2. How fast is Shread?
  3. What is your base movement speed while using In The Abyss?
  4. How long is Shreads fatigue on a miss? Is it effected by STBFL?
  5. What is his base movement speed when traveling in a portal?

@Peanits

Tagged:

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 4,012

So based off those numbers (with the live cooldown numbers) you lose up to 3 meters when using Shread if you miss per use, so don't spam it.

I'd estimate you'd actually lose 0.5 meters ish with the movement during cooldown being taken into account but the speed there is iffy so yeah.

• Spooky13Spooky13 Member Posts: 251

Another question, is Demogorgon's fatigue for missing Shred the same if he hits an object compared to nothing at all?

also right now I'd estimate that on the PTB you GAIN 0.4ish meters per use factoring in cooldown movement speed.

• JanickJanick Dev Posts: 120

the goal is to make spamming an unfavorable strategy yes. You are still limited to straight line though but yes, spammind is bad...

I figured. The math checks out for that being the idea

• ChuckyyoChuckyyo Member Posts: 58

Thanks for all the info. As you already seem to have decided on an altered value for the cooldown for release, can you tell us if there are any planned tweaks for the perks?

edited September 9

or changes to any other stats that I didn't ask about?

Quiet you. This isn't that bad and should be fine so long as it means other aspects of him, specifically his portals, are being buffed.

Honestly I'm not sure why the cooldown was small enough that he'd go faster using it compared to walking anyways. That clearly isn't how it's supposed to be used and no one even seems to have realized that they could do it anyways.

Ghostface is nearly viable, top of B tier in fact, and his changes sidegraded him without effecting that fact. And Plague isn't too much worse, and again her changes didn't change that one way or another.

And I can point to Spirit, they buffed the crap out of her after her PTB.

Heck I could even point to Ghostface. Remember HIS PTB? He was complete garbage compared to now.

Again, in BOTH of those situations they were small nerfs that didn't really hurt them too much but were blown out of proportion, and came along with important buffs that people tend to forget even exist.

Especially with this update giving Ghostface aura immunity and giving Plague more perks to counter.

• immortalls96immortalls96 Member Posts: 1,232

Spirit was a lucky break..every killer since has proven that..I can't even grade gf because I would bet 5 to 1 when he gets "fixed/"/ he will plummet in rankings because I theorize this supposed inconsistency on reveals is artificially boosting his power and I'd wager I'm right..we wont even speak of legion and the [BAD WORD] show he spawned , plague..still widely considered absolute trash..sadly though I cant tell half the time if it's her or my build making her look better than she is..this all being the case I will now predict this one change will hit the demi gorgon way harder than you think..resulting in pure frustration as already people know to avoid his lunge and now it's even worse..who knows if that's all that is being changed..I'm just going off track record here

At worst it means they get 1 extra meter on you.

Far more likely it means absolutely nothing against a good demogorgon baring maybe a luckly dead hard.

Shread is only easy to dodge if the Demo isn't using it at the right time. I've dodged plenty of Shread attacks sure, but the times when I couldn't were there too and it didn't take long for me to get consistent at preventing them from dodging the ability when I played him myself, for example you can easily bait the dodge, and if they don't take the bait you just attack anyways since they aren't dodging.

In any case of the 4 (effectively) Killers that have came out since the Spirit:

• Legion - Basically unchanged from PTB other than bug fixes that were in his favor
    • Plague - Lowered movement speed when holding vile. Everything else was buffed. I still don't get why people say this is an overall nerf, her dynamic doesn't particularly care about her holding vile.
    • Ghostface - Straight buffed from PTB. Like not even a question his live self is leagues better than his PTB self. Longer to reveal him, harder to reveal him sometimes impossible, longer stalk effect, better stealth ect ect ect. The hotfix gave him even BETTER stealth and while yes it did nerf his ability to stalk mid chase, that wasn't his main strength anyways, his stealth COMBINED with exposed is and that aspect was buffed.
    • Freddy - Only given QoL improvements. And those QoL improvements were super great. Also I consider Freddy viable now.

So if we are going by this pattern. The slight nerf to shred would be expected to come with like 2-3 buffs to his portals. Hopefully including the ability to destroy his own portals which would be amazing.

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 516

"hope that help" ha

Any changes to the vine ability thing. The distance that heartbeats can be read via portals?

I agree it would be nice, but as I said..I think ghost face is being made to look stronger by his bugs..I hope not but the change being as obvious as it was ..and legions power lost all clout since his release..like..its got 0 lethality which kneecaps him..freddy took years to get changed..yeah idk..my faith has been shaken on the devs lately

edited September 10

Honestly Legion has been an outlier, and even his change was still mostly a side grade (baring some disproportionately strong builds that were removed).

And sidegrading an interesting yet frustrating weak Killer into a bland but less frustrating still weak Killer doesn't say much about after the fact changes killing a Killer's viability.

Legion went from non-viable to still non-viable for different reasons.

Ghostface went from pretty good to still pretty good but more consistent

Plague went from alright with amazing synergies to alright with amazing synergies but slightly harder to use and even then not by much

And I shouldn't need to explain how much of an improvement Freddy was.

Yes I get not trusting them with getting everything right, they have made questionable decisions. But looking at things objectively they are doing alright all things considered. Sure the newest Killers haven't been meta shacking like Spirit was, but they are still decent Killers unlike many other Killers that still need fixing.

Legion was a flop yes, but Plague and Ghostface really weren't when you think about it and Freddy certainly wasn't.

And honestly I'm not worried about a consistency fix for GF. Because I judge his strengths and weaknesses already assuming that he's going to be revealed if they notice he's there. The fact that he often is spotted because the map simply doesn't give him a good place to hide is a big part of why he's not A tier.

Well..at least I finally can have a civil convorsation on these things..these devs just irk me because this chapter has seen nothing but downgrades for the killer portion..and now I'm hearing rumors that one of the devs was clipped showing disdain for nurse players..and as I've suffered many a frustrating game to finally get decent with her , hearing she may get destroyed after all shes done...she saved this game make no mistake..yet now they look to downgrade her who knows how much?...my view and trust of them has soured to the point where I see no good things for killers anytime soon

And that's why I'm pointing this stuff out.

As much as it feels like everyone is out to get Killers and that the devs don't care and bla-bla-bla, it's important to recognize that while the game is unbalanced, the trend has been that the game is improving over time and that weaker Killers have been getting stronger and stronger.

The number of Killers that in my opinion are viable has doubled since I started keeping track, and other than legion none of the Killers after leatherface was added were anything less than B tier, which is a clear improvement over how the game has been in the past.

If you are going to project based off past data then you should expect that Demo will be stronger than he is now and that whatever nerfs he does get they will at the very least ATTEMPT to counterbalance.

Maybe..but no killer perks are being brought up..devs basically said they have no intention for weeks at least , so I cant put my faith that they'll be giving the demogorgan anything for at least that long..killer updates were getting better until legion then they just went backwards..they are not cautious on making strong perks for survivor but everything killers get is made crap intentionally

Perks have a different trend and if you want to say that you doubt the perks will be buffed then sure.

I will remind you that I'm all ears was buffed and more recently dark devotion, infectious fright, dark sense and left behind were buffed.

Dying light, thanataphobia and fire up were also changed but they still aren't very good so yeah.

Also the strong perks on Survivors are usually rained in. And the strong Survivor perks this time aren't as game breaking as MoM for example. And as usual they come with a bunch of weak perks.

We basically have confirmation surge us going to remain [BAD WORD] , mind breaker def not getting chsnged..cruel limits..meh..wont even matter either way..meanwhile survivors are getting too free healing perks , both of which even I want to run..so yeah..I have reason for what I say..I dont say anything till I'm fairly certain about it

• Divine_ConfettiDivine_Confetti Member Posts: 198
    edited September 10

Someone should link this thread to the current steam forum post that says Demogorgon's getting nerfed to clarify that it is, just not as much as the person was claiming.

E: Thank you to Nuclearburrito on Steam <3

Post edited by Divine_Confetti on
  • JimsalabimJimsalabim Member Posts: 474

buff his portals accordingly , please for the love of god