We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Congrats to all winners and patricipants <3

IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,403

The guides are amazing and very creative. I didn't know about fact that people made the websites just to create a guide. It's [BAD WORD] amazing ๐Ÿ˜

Also I think all patricipants made a cool guides as well. Congrats ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Comments

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 10,747

Thank you, I can’t wait to see the winners. :)

• PeanitsPeanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 3,949

I was really blown away by the variety. We got videos, text guides, entire websites, powerpoints, etc. It's amazing how much everyone was able to do in two weeks.

It's safe to say that the only reason that one didn't make the cut was because of the deadline. It looks awesome and it's very easy to read. It definitely would have been one of the contenders. Well done!

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 438

@Peanits Thanks a lot! Maybe next time then, if you do something similar. We are also interested in 3d modelling/animating if you decide to do a contest like that :)

• ChrisFuFuuChrisFuFuu Member Posts: 38

Congrats to all the contest winners! I read some of the winning entries and they all were awesome!

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,676

Yeah, congrats! I still hope the tips and tricks of those who didn't win are still used by others... especially my freddy builds... : P

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,067

Congrats to everyone who won, this has inspired me to create specific Killer guides in the future.

I'll take a note from the 1st place winner and follow through with the after thought of adding the text into the image, this will limit the amount of text and overall be a better presentation.

I didn't do that because the closest thing I have to photoshop is MS Paint currently lmao...

• AlonzoAlonzo Member Posts: 87
    edited September 12

Congratulations.  The amount of work that people put into these is simply amazing.

I hope the dbd team make a special forum section and keep ALL of these hard worked guides/tutorials for everyone to use.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 1,040

I'm not certain what you mean about adding text into the image, but if you want some tips with presentation I'm happy to help :)

The imagery was actually really simple to make, I just used a watercolour brush in my paint program of choice. If you're looking for something better than MS paint, there are a few alternatives out there. I've heard that Krita is quite good.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,067
    edited September 13

What I meant is, you meshed the text into the image without taking away the point of the presentation. That's something I would of possible thought of if I had a better program to edit images in. But overall, the concept of what you did saved space and was more "noob friendly" overall. Mine was a more, hot take, on the concept of a guide.

Instead, I put lengthy text outside with images to follow up each section. In the long run, the post became too lengthy and before I could shorten or edit it heavily it was already September 9th.

I started my post on September 7th, so I only had 3 days or so before they closed the page entirely. I'm not sure if I can link my post here, but you can find it as my earliest discussion and see what I mean.

If you'd like, you can direct me to some programs I could use in the future, or direct me to the one you specifically use. I don't know how you'll do that without breaking the rules of the forums on outside links... So... idk.

But it would be appreciated for anything in the future like contests or in-general just regular posts.

Oh I see, so you just meant about having the text and illustrations more integrated. Yeah, that's just a layout thing. Because my guide was so long (3000+ words) I had to break it up a lot to make sure it was digestible, so I used a lot of visual tricks to make it easier to read (small paragraphs, lots of headings, variations in the layout, images, different colours, widely spaced lines, etc.)

I won't provide links for the reasons you mentioned, but I can give you some program recommendations. I used Adobe Indesign to make my guide, which is good software but very expensive - I mainly used it because I already had a subscription to it for university/work related reasons. But what I did with my guide should be easily doable with any layout design program. MS Publisher and LibreOffice come to mind.

When it comes to image creation/editing, as I said the stuff I did wasn't very complicated. The program I used was Clip Studio Paint Pro, but you can also use Photoshop, or I've heard that Krita is a good free alternative to both of those.

Oh by the way, forgot to say this earlier but I thought your guide looked really amazing. I'd love to see the finished product, and I'm sure it would be useful to new players if you wanted to post it on the forums when it's finished!

• xEaxEa Member Posts: 438

Thanks a lot and congratulation to the first place, i was pretty sure you will make the top spot, even tho some other guides were really good too, also some that did not got mentioned unfortunatly.

We will probably upload it somewhere between Monday and Wednesday next week

Kind regards

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I really wanted to make a video for the contest

But the damn mic had to die on me

• not_Queennot_Queen Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 1,004

This is what Community is about! For people who didn't have time to participate, don't worry there will be more chances to shine in the future.

Again like everyone said, the level of dedication and quality was crazy good. You guys keep raising the bar!

• TheHoodedOneTheHoodedOne Member Posts: 6,475

This gives me the urge to make actual guide videos now, for each killer