Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.2.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
We have been investigating cases of distributed denial of services (DDoS) over the last week. We take these reports extremely seriously. We're actively monitoring the situation internally and with our partners to gather as much information as possible and identify trends.

We are terribly sorry to those who have been affected by these attacks- we understand the impact this has on you. We are taking every appropriate measure to ensure the safety of our players.

We encourage our players to report to us any cases of DDoS, as well as any other form of inappropriate or abusive behaviour in the game. In the meantime, we encourage you to stay safe and follow best practices for online safety.

I have some... Concerns about Second Wind.

2»

Comments

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    edited September 2019

If I see someone with a broken effect after they get off a hook, I automatically go for them anyway because I don't respect deliverance. Now I'll have to say I don't respect second wind either, because I can't be sure which perk they use. Imagine them using second wind with DS...

To be fair, tunneling isn't the right thing to do in all situations, but I make an exception for deliverance because I find it to be a d**k move. Second wind is similar, because if you leave them alone, then they'll get a free health state, regardless of your previous efforts.

They need to revert the change back to where they have to be out of TR. Combining current second wind with BT would be really annoying.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,628

People are gonna get triggered once someone heals in the middle of a chase with 2nd wind... because they removed the TR restrictions on the perk right?

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145
  • Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,628

Omg!.... I know I could be getting ahead of myself but think about the 2nd wind/adrenaline potential..... like say survivor just heals up from 2nd wind then the killer finally gets a hit and right after the hit the last gen triggers and gets the adrenaline heal and sprintburst xD seesh, yeah the perks gonna be strong..

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,246

@Saitamfed I just didn't like that you generalized killers to facecamp in certain situations

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,341

I am a main survivor and for me is ok if you're being a bad player wich decides to bully a killer then you deserve it. If you're a good survivor who takes advantage of my mistakes and challenge me to being a good killer then yes, I have fun playing against those.

But the game have some designs wich are pretty unfair for killers, like infinite loops, and if you keep making loud noices (I am talking about the infinite loop generally where the basement spawns) so the killer can't focus in their game and need to chase you so you can take advantage about those "bad designs" then yes, you deserve to be facecamped to death. Also blinding when destroying a pallet is not toxic because it can buy you time, but if you blind the killer and run in circles so when the killer is no longer blind they will keep following you then yes, it's a salty player wich deserves to be punished in some way. This is a game, but wheter becomes to survivor or killer, you get frustrated by unhealthy games, and a game it's supposed to entertain you, not to get you frustrated.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

So you want to reward tunnelers? Removing the terror radius condition from second wind was absolutely necessary, as it already has a prerequisite of healing a teammate before hand, so why should it also punish that player for getting tunneled.

Its much better now as it punishes tunnelers since it works within terror radius, meaning they only have 20 seconds to down you or you get your earned health state.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

No. I'm just saying that's what I'd do if I see a broken effect on an unhooked survivor. The perks themselves do incentivise tunneling due to that status, and their effect on the match.

Second wind isn't an earned health state. It rewards you for being hooked. There is no requirement for activation of the effect. At least with inner strength, you have to destroy a totem first, and there are only 5 in the map.

• su11yboysu11yboy Member Posts: 38
    edited September 2019

Like honestly this perk has so many problems with it, it won't see actual use. I think most killers if they see you're broken and didn't unhook yourself they'll tunnel you, and they can respect DS too, because if you're downed it deactivates. Which leads to my next point that Deliverance doesn't work with Second Wind because Deliverance outlasts Second Wind so unless you stay in the terror radius to pause the heal so it can catch up with the Deliverance broken status effect running out then it won't work, and finally say you get unhooked and one person has We'll Make It, or there's two ppl ready to heal you, Oh well you're not getting healed sorry. What's that the killer came back and tunneled you, but if you weren't broken you could've been healed in time? Yeah it has so many ways for it to go wrong. You started off right "It sounds good on paper...but it isn't" Inner Strength is way [BAD WORD] better. It can activate up to 5 times in a match, and tell me this doesn't sound strong: DS + Head On + Inner Strength. You grab them, they DS away, you leave they heal up, you try to wait them out, they stun you and heal up.

EDIT: I didn't know about the Second Wind buff, so nvrmind it just doesn't work with Deliverance. I could see it being kinda awesome if you're decent survivor. Killer tries to tunnel, suddenly you're fully healed. But you know what's an even better anti-tunnel perk? :)

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 919

You obviously haven’t read the description for the perk then. There is a prerequisite and that is you have to fully heal one of your teammates before the perk activates.

Also the reason it promoted tunneling even more so before the terror radius change, was that the killer would know as long as they are nearby they have zero chance of getting their health state back, so better to tunnel to deny them that. Now it’s a risk for killer to tunnel a second wind user. Yes you will see that they have it but now you have limited time to down them otherwise they get their EARNED health state.