Home PTB Feedback Archives 2.6.0 PTB

Doc and Hag still need to be bought (PTB)

Frockz551Frockz551 Member Posts: 45

I don't understand why the Doc and the Hag still need to be bought with either 9000 shards or 500 acrylics ( or however u spell it ) ? Aren't they original killers that were promised to be free like the other original killers? And even if they did leave it that they need to be bought, I feel like 9000 shards is a bit pricey. Tell me your thoughts, I think they should be free like the other original killers.

Comments

  • ThePloopzThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited May 2018
    “Original”  killers means killers that they own and have full rights to not the first killers in the game. I’m glad you can unlock them with playtime,thats better than having to pay for both for the people who don’t own them but they came package with my version of the game anyway.
  • SuperRavenSn1perSuperRavenSn1per Member Posts: 34

    @Visionmaker said:
    Well, they promised that they'd be unlockable with playtime-- and making them 100% effortlessly free spits on the face of those who purchased them previously.

    I think this is already a fair and welcome promise. It adds to the experience of the players that enjoy progression and achievement.

    The question is: how long does it take to get 9000 shards?

    You would need 900 10 minute games.

  • SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 3,651

    @Visionmaker said:
    Well, they promised that they'd be unlockable with playtime-- and making them 100% effortlessly free spits on the face of those who purchased them previously.

    I think this is already a fair and welcome promise. It adds to the experience of the players that enjoy progression and achievement.

    The question is: how long does it take to get 9000 shards?

    You would need 900 10 minute games.

    He means with the new shard system. You gain shards (a lot more than just 10) whenever you level up your account.
  • AsianMammothAsianMammoth Member Posts: 80

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    He means with the new shard system. You gain shards (a lot more than just 10) whenever you level up your account.

    Leveling up becomes harder and harder as you do it, EXP requirement increases a lot

  • FengFeng Member Posts: 28

    They are DLC, that's why they are not free.

  • powerbatspowerbats Member Posts: 7,068

    @Feng said:
    They are DLC, that's why they are not free.

    But on the PBE they should be free like most games, all dlc is usually free to test or easier to get. In the case of this test they're probably doing it like other games and resetting your aurics each reset back to full. I've not checked to see if that's the true yet.

  • Frockz551Frockz551 Member Posts: 45

    Ah ok, right now it seems like 9000 shards is a bit of a hefty pricetag though, I hope it's lowered a bit since you can only get shards through levelling up now. I think 7500 shards would be relatively fair, but I'm not sure, still testing all this.

  • RuniverRuniver Member Posts: 2,095

    @AsianMammoth said:

    @SnakeSound222 said:
    He means with the new shard system. You gain shards (a lot more than just 10) whenever you level up your account.

    Leveling up becomes harder and harder as you do it, EXP requirement increases a lot

    The rewards do increase, too, tho.

  • FengFeng Member Posts: 28

    @powerbats
    I see the PTB as a chance to test the new killer and new survivor. But i understand your point tho.

  • Frockz551Frockz551 Member Posts: 45
    edited June 2018

    I've been playing the ptb A LOT since it came out and I only have about 3.4k shards ( give or take 20-30 hours ).

  • FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,332

    According to the devs, it should take about 20-30 hours of playtime using the new system to be able to unlock an original killer/survivor.

  • FreudentraumaFreudentrauma Member Posts: 872

    @Fibijean said:
    According to the devs, it should take about 20-30 hours of playtime using the new system to be able to unlock an original killer/survivor.

    That part I kinda doubt right now. Considering starting and ending a match takes 12 minutes, which rewards you around 500-550 xp and the fact it seems like the level reward stays at 15xp equals 1 I.S. it would around 245-270 matches which would be around 49/52hrs. I would say.

  • Jack11803Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

    @Frockz551 said:
    Ah ok, right now it seems like 9000 shards is a bit of a hefty pricetag though, I hope it's lowered a bit since you can only get shards through levelling up now. I think 7500 shards would be relatively fair, but I'm not sure, still testing all this.

    It’s a good day not to be a nurse main. Her cosmetics go up to near 20k shards.

  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,374

    I paid literally extra $20 unwillingly for ps4 on the DLC only to have to free.

    Not like I wanted the DLC either btw, forced yo spend that extra money than on PC. Atleast you guys had it optional to buy it or not.

    Maybe give some shards to people who bought DLC? Or PS4+Xbox Players who literally couldn't do anything about it cause DLC was included for way more money.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    @Brady DBD is $20 for PC, honey. We don't even get the Doctor or Hag.

    Xbox and PS4 players like you already got it for free. PC players are the ones that should be complaining. 😂
  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,374

    @Visionmaker said:
    @Brady DBD is $20 for PC, honey. We don't even get the Doctor or Hag.

    Xbox and PS4 players like you already got it for free. PC players are the ones that should be complaining. 😂

    I got it both on PC and PS4. I rather of originally played on PC than PS4 because it's cheaper.

    I didn't want The Hag's DLC (I bought Docs on PC for $7 because of Lithe). On PS4 we pay about $50 (DBD Ultimate Edition) with tax included. We can't just buy the base game for $20. You guys with the DLC we have included, essentially only pay $34.

    Sure, I guess you Steam guys should be the one complaining.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    @Brady Uh... Even on the PS4 website, it links to target that sells for $20. Direct download for $30. Amazon has multiple copies for $25 and cheaper.
  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,374
    edited June 2018

    @Visionmaker said:
    @Brady Uh... Even on the PS4 website, it links to target that sells for $20. Direct download for $30. Amazon has multiple copies for $25 and cheaper.

    Which currency are you using?

    In CDN, PS4 DbD is $44.99 with tax included. PC is 21.99* without tax included. (We aren't taxed on steam)

    https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/product/UP3509-CUSA08444_00-DEADBYDAYLIGHT00 < 44.99 proof
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/381210/Dead_by_Daylight/ < It says 21.99 on mine.

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    @Brady USD. Might be a Sony problem rather than a DBD problem. Although it's surprising for it to be so much more costly at the game's home country.
  • BradyBrady Member Posts: 1,374

    @Visionmaker said:
    @Brady USD. Might be a Sony problem rather than a DBD problem. Although it's surprising for it to be so much more costly at the game's home country.

    I know. With tax is basically comes out to $50 on PS4. Which is a lot for only 2 dlcs that only make the game like $35 compared to 50 on another platform..

  • VisionmakerVisionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited June 2018
    @Brady RIP

    On Steam, DBD is 19.99 USD. So it's still cheaper but more equitable. My condolences to our international brothers and sisters.

Sign In or Register to comment.