The 3.6.0 PTB is now live on Steam! For full details, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130916/
We are aware and looking into the issue which caused players to have their rank reset further than intended. If your rank was not reset at all this month, this is a visual bug and closing and re-opening the game should fix it.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

What killer would be the *worst* to add to the game?

Title. What horror movie killer or monster would be the absolute worst to add to Dead by Daylight, in your own opinion?

Comments

• savevatznicksavevatznick Member Posts: 320

Jason Vorhees. Take away the variety of kills he performs (the game wouldn't support that) and what do you have? A big strong guy who kills teenagers. Basically trapless trapper. There's nothing to work with when it comes to Jason aside from nostalgia. I'd even go so far as to say Bubba was a mistake.

• LCGasterLCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

Jeepers Creepers: For legal reasons, the monster is interesting but [BAD WORD] the license holder

Another killer I don't really want into the game is Pinhead from Hellraiser. Now, it's not because I dislike the character, it's just because I can't see how his power could work and, as far as I know, he doesn't really attack directly his victims

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 983

I took a huge break from this game and came back when Legion was just released and I was playing SWF with a friend. I met the legion and legit thought Jeff the Killer was chasing me.

• GrootDudeGrootDude Member, Trusted Posts: 13,724

Jeepers Creepers, for the same reason others have pointed out.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,413

It won't happen obviously, but the worst would be any killer based on an ACTUAL killer. And I don't mean influenced like LeatherFace and Ed Gein, I mean things like Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (which whilst had an altered story, was based on Henry Lee Lucas and featured characters based on real-life individuals). But yeah, that's the worst inclusion that thankfully will not happen.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,111

Anything to do with SCPs.

Those things are just cringey as hell, and 9 times out of 10, just ripped out of a TV show and changed ever so slightly.

Thankfully the devs aren't allowed to profit off them, so it won't happen.

• AetherBytesAetherBytes Member Posts: 983

They aren't allowed to profit off 173 specifically, however they can do most other ones with the writer's permission.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

Pinhead, because the survivors first need to summon him via solving the puzzle cube.

If no survivor touches the cube, you cannot play the game.

• pandorayrpandorayr Member Posts: 380
    edited September 2019

Jason Vorguees

Pennywise

Alien

Predator

Hannibal Lecter

Pinhead

Carrie

Chucky

Samara Morgan

This killers I think they are very important.

• JanDenmarkJanDenmark Member Posts: 46

a slug

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 780

Here's an alternative killer concept I came up with that solves the Doll sized killer problems Chucky would face:

As for the worst licensed killer for this game... The Molester Tree from The Evil Dead. Reasons should be obvious.

• saisai Member Posts: 11

honestly, anything human. I still don’t understand how the legion, ghostface, and amanda made the cut 😂 like first of all if the survivors have a stumble when they jump from a far height, why don’t the human killers? also it’s kinda cringey to see someone like Susie to just lift up David King with one hand and throw him over her shoulder with ease and walk around like it’s nothing 😂😂

• JawsIsTheNextKillerJawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 1,601

Legion

😥

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,655

A monster girl.

Definitely don't add that, devs.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• HoodiedHoodied Member Posts: 8,808

Pennywise because we don't need another joke

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 973

I'm going with the Alien. Its SciFi horror and belongs on a space ship. Sorry.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,627

Jason - boring, straight forward and we have boot-leg Jason already in Trapper.

Chucky

Pinhead

• Kamikaze_RoseKamikaze_Rose Member Posts: 220

They already added a killer like this in Gold Express, a DBD-like game that's still in beta. The mechanic pretty much works as you describe--survivors (extractors) are rarely fooled by Geisha, which makes her power kind of useless.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,716

Well, most SCP arent made to be "not broken" as playable characters in a game.

For SCP-173, the problem isnt that "weeping angel ripoff" (although some claim 173 was posted on 4chan during "blink"'s production) controversy, but that there are 4 survivors. A killer you arent supposed to look at would work better, lul.

Theres only a few of those who'd make sense in dbd and fit our killer criterias.

Ageee on the chucky part. "Mainstream"-chucky could be punted around by feng min. Not to mention ego-perspective. (That kid killer in IDV works because of 3rd person view)

edited September 2019

I don't want to see robo-chucky but I would be OK with the original.

We have enough clowns in the game already so I don't want Pennywise in the game (I also hate the incorrect capitalisation of IT, unless his Mori includes installing Windows on my PC, it should be capitalized, "It").

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,331

Robo Chucky would be superior only if we get Mark Hamil.

• GrandpaBill24GrandpaBill24 Member Posts: 180

The only thing close to that which I could definitely see working is a killer inspired by Jack the Ripper. And that's it. Identity V and other games showed that it could work and be liked by the fans.

• Captain_SpauldingCaptain_Spaulding Member Posts: 526

Truthfully, any move horror icon. I want only original killers at this point. Why would we want killers that we know can literally walk through houses and [BAD WORD], get ran around over and over and over. Then we would complain that they're too weak and inefficient for two years and the devs would hold them captive for two+ years (Hi old Freddy).

• SleepharthaSleephartha Member Posts: 242

Godzilla.

Marshmallow Man

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,413

But the Jack the Ripper case wasn't recent history and more to point we still don't know for definite who did those murders.

• ReddRedd Member Posts: 826

Jeepers Creepers would be the worst I could imagine them doing if they hadn’t already promised not to.

A flying killer would be the worst mechanically.