Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Surge Should be 12%

HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,109
edited September 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know who is in charge of the Balance team but this is ridiculous.

Surge went from 32 with a 12% regression to 24 meters then back up to 32 but with an 8% regression?

The perk has a 60 SECOND COOLDOWN, just keep it at 12%!!!

At the very least change the cooldown from 40 seconds to 30, this warrants the abysmal 8% and we can use it more rather than wait forever.

12% every MINUTE is not overpowered, a Survivor can make so much progress in 1 minute and 12% is laughable, oh no 12% but he can't do it again in 60 seconds and I can make way more progress than that in 60 seconds LOL!!!

Pop Goesd the weasal has 25% and requires a hook, while this requires a down, both of those perks require a Survivor to lose and you to win but Pop got buff to 60 seconds and KEPT THE 25% yet Surge is REDUCED TO 8%?!

Why wasn't Pop reduced to 15% and then let us keep the 60 seconds, that seems fair according to the ''balance'' system we have going on here.

Cruel Limits is worthless and wasn't buffed but instead NERFED, Mindbreaker is meh but made to be that way, and now Surge was reduced to a poor man's Pop. This is disgusting and makes no sense, this is not balance this is fear and ignorance.

Why even bother making perks for us if you're just going to hype us with something strong and then give us something cheap and not worth the money? $12 for this chapter and the only part of the chapter worth buying are the Survivors because they got buffed and treated with respect and love.

Comments

• MyNamePeteMyNamePete Member Posts: 558

the cooldown doesnt really matter tbh, you pick them up, bring them to a hook, and by the time you would usually find another survivor, chase them, then down them the timer would be back up.

• AvilgusAvilgus Member Posts: 135

Or just reducing the cooldown.

• casedistortedcasedistorted Member Posts: 45

It seems TrueTalent is making quite a stink about how useless Surge is right now.

Just came to the forums to take a look and see what the community thinks in general. Atm, Surge seems a bit underwhelming when you could just take Pop instead which is almost guaranteed, especially with that sexy buff to 60 seconds.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,109

Yeah I saw that, at least someone else in the community is talking about it.

• casedistortedcasedistorted Member Posts: 45

Yeah sometimes True can drive me up the wall because he always thinks he knows everything, but he does have a TON of hours in the game and has great ideas sometimes on how to fix perks or gameplay mechanics.

You can just tell the developers never watch his streams or his VOD's on Youtube (the only place I watch him) because his useful ideas are never even considered until a year later it feels like.

So it seems another good observation that Surge is pretty useless until they can decide what they want the perk to be, though since they are balancing for low ranks maybe they don't even care about it, lol.