The 3.4.2 hotfix is starting to roll out on PC and consoles. For the release schedule and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/112060/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Giveaway Winners Declared / Mods please help!

Comments

• Angelicus23Angelicus23 Member Posts: 839

Does that even count as an entry? 😂 I can write the bible about why do I love dbd xD

• KhalednazariKhalednazari Member Posts: 1,295
    edited September 18
  • Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 277
    edited September 18

A very good friend of mine got me into this game around the end of the Hallowed Blight event from last year. The main menu music was very atmospheric and made me excited to play the game, i was sad when i figured out it was just for the event. That was also back when the game had better lightning than it does now (in my opinion). I'm glad i got to experience that.

The objectives for both sides are pretty simple but i still fell in love with this game and got hooked (i had to say that).

Unpopular opinion: While the grind is indeed massive in this game, it's still a very important thing that makes me keep playing the game. It might be very overwhelming at the beginning but after a while people get used to it. And the devs helped a lot with the recent bloodweb changes which brings me to the next point below.

The devs or more like the team overall. I like how we're never really left in the dark regarding news for this game and how it is being kept up to date. Of course there are still some issues in this game but i'm sure they are trying their best to make everything perfect.

Another reason why i love this game a lot, and a big one for me, are the characters. The amount of licensed characters we have is pretty amazing, some very iconic ones too. Also love the original characters and i'm hoping the next DLC will be a original one. My favourite characters for both Survivor and Killer are Kate and the Pig. Kate became one of my fav. characters in gaming. I love the Saw movies so pig being my favourite killer isn't very surprising.

Also like i mentioned above, while the objective is always the same. It rarely gets repetitive due to different placements of objectives, pallets etc. and all the different killers you get to face. Even today i still get scared when i dont know who the killer is at the start of the game. It could be Myers/Ghostface stalking without me realizing or Piggy crouching to my gen trying to get a grab. This never got old to me.

There are indeed a lot of toxic people in game but it doesn't bother me anymore. I also met some really good friends i play very often with and i'm glad.

I take breaks from this game sometimes for a few days but overall, it is my favourite game now and it became important to me. I hope it gets even better.

Ok. My favourite game used to be overwatch. I played it every day, until a random day in January 2018 I was watching my daily dosis of youtube videos, and I stopped in one of my favourite youtuber. It was DbD.

I didn't used to like horror games but I saw that this one was a multiplayer ranked game and could be funny sometimes, I also remembered my friend had it in his steam account, so I thought about give it a try thanks to his steam library share, I will always apreciate that moment, because since I pressed the start button that morning, my life changed.

My first match was in the coal tower, being Meg and the Pig as killer because she had just get released. Yeah you know, it was hella scary and terrifying for a poor rank 20, but after getting killer I told myself "one more". That was the first time I didn't played overwatch, I spent my day in DbD.

Days later I kept playing, more and more, reaching both ranks up very fast, constantly playing different lobbies, different people. I started to follow dbd meme account and watch the most famous youtubers and streamers that we all know. It got officially became my new favourite game.

Months later my birthday came, and I got so lucky because it was some after Clown's DLC, so I could buy the game, all the DLCs and tons of autic cells. That day made me forget some past things I barely remember now that I'm writting this.

I installed Discord, and that opened me a lot of new doors, I joined the servers of my favourite youtubers, met people and today I keep playing with them, which extremely helped me improving my english.

And yeah, it's today. I keep up to date every second about all the news, all the leaks, all the content and even if I start discussions hating the devs or changes they did, I love them, because they have no idea of how they changed my life. I'm very proud of suporting this game with my money and I won't stop until my name is written in a tombstone. Thanks for reading.

Ángel Ramírez.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 1,599

I love the game because it's something unique and fun. The thrill of being hunted as a survivor and looping a killer. The excitement of winning the chase only for the killer to of completely fooled you is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had on a video game.

Playing killer is fun because you have to consider what kinda people your playing against. It feels like playing chess with 4 people who have better communication and tricks up there sleeves. I like games where survivors tell me I legitimately scared them from how I play.

• CodyJiaCodyJia Member Posts: 37

Dead By Daylight is the best horror game. Period. I love it deep down to the core of it.

• GΣVΛЦDΛПGΣVΛЦDΛП Member Posts: 12

So, the reason why I fell in love with the temptress that is DeadByDaylight. Such a tough question.

I guess when it was when i first started the game back at last halloween i think. I was browsing youtube and came across this thrilling vid about being hunted by at the time I thought was terrifying killer. It looked exciting so I went ahead and bought it myself. (I thank now I know as Monto for that haha)

The game was amazing, it made my heart pump with fear and my hands tremble with excitement unlike any other horror game or anything of the like before had and least to say, I was hooked like a fish.

Eventually I got better and better, got the dlcs because why not. Fell more in more infatuated by the game hour after hour. Got confused on the way, upset at losses or the toxicity and more importantly satisfaction from what I achieved in game.

I joined communities of my region, joined every person that had “ttv”s stream and even joined in on some of their fun. Made good friends that I talk to daily now and also a few enemies I avoid like the plague.

This game is like none other. Even now after what seems like an eternity of hours I still find excitement and a thrill when playing this game. Even when its just a hold M1 contest. Even after I had basically finished the grind that is dbd there is still more to do, and as a result more friends to make along the way.

I said I fell in love with it back at the start of the game, which is true. But the reason I am still in love with this game is because of ~~addiction~~ its increasing content and more opportunities to meet and play with people.

Im finished with my sob story now, sorry it was so long.

• DryhighDryhigh Member Posts: 77

Its a long read but maybe youll like it! :D

I don't have nearly enough experience as a lot of players here - only been playing for about 11 months, after I binged watched a series of slasher flicks mainly from the 80's I felt nostalgic while I discussed certain scenes with a friend of mine. He ended up turning me onto Friday the 13th, which was fun for about a week. then that hunger came up to want to be Jason more then I got the chance to. So I started looking into Dead by Daylight after finding out there was another game out there that pre-dated Friday, after some videos online and some survivor ...Testimonials.. I caved and bought the game on PC and Xbox this is where it gets fun, I remember the first Killer I played, The Wraith, I figured hey he can turn invisible that should make this easy, So I started my first game (with Friday experience...lol) Headphones on loading screen goes by, there I am standing in Autohaven I quickly go over my abilities having only one perk no offering or add-ons I went to the closest Gen and stood there..... … .. .. .. Well where is everyone I wondered, *rings bell* they wont see me now I think as I moved to another location away from generators is probably where I'll find them... nope not here either.. *gen pops* oh that where they are! so I start heading that way and see one person running towards me I uncloak and swing.... and a miss.. Oh wtf I think as I cloak up and try again by this time I might add that they've done a couple more gens and I'm quickly getting more and more frustrated. That game I managed to hook one person one time, at the moment I hooked them I felt so accomplished like all the work was done, just to be fooled as he was unhooked and they all made for their escape. Next killer was The doctor, did better got him to level 5 before switching and trying nurse, didn't fit what I was looking for, Hillbilly was a no go first hillbilly game got 3k and thought no hes not it. So then Michael Happened and I had to get him with my love for slashers, after figuring him out and his stealth I knew he was it. it took a few months but now I've at least made it to rank 4 killer 11 survivor (cant be a good killer till you've played survivor a few times)

I love Dead by Daylight because no matter what or how you feel, this game has a way at letting you vent, this game rewards you for working hard and figuring out the best way in the worst situation, I've made more friends on DBD then any other game I play, and I play WoW. I even met a now business partner on this game after him and his team whooped my butt he messaged me and helped me work on my playstyle. now we work together out of game,

Thank you Dead by Daylight!

About 10 hours left for the giveaway to end. Participate before the time runs out.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 4,408

Honestly, I like Dead by Daylight for the community and overall role as Killer.

This game has come a long way from how it was in 2016, and though its fostered some toxic behavior, and toxic people... I think the game is overall one of my favorites and brings me back to play a match or two even when I don't have time to play as often anymore.

The community can also be nice, collective, and great to talk to, especially on the forums. Despite the constant demands for changes, its nice to discuss with people on why they want a certain Perk, Killer, Objective, etc, changed. Its interesting to see why people want something changed, and overall their experiences with said perks. Its also great to give my insight on things they might hate or like and its great when it can help them or give them a new perspective on something.

Its also amazing to help people with their issues, or inform them on subjects they don't know about yet. Like, someone could need help with a build, or a Killer, or Survivor, and its great to help them out so they keep enjoying the game and may also help others in the future. It also feels good to help noobies who're just getting into the game. People that just pick up the game and have no idea what to do or even start with, I can suggest some things they can try out, and if it helps them in anyway its a win in my book!

Its also incredible the type of art, guides, overall feedback people can give on DLC and the game in-general. Its amazing what people can create for art contests, the guides people make to help new players, and the overall feedback that people share with others to improve their experience. Its truly touching, and this is the side of the community that I always come back to whenever I'm around.

I also love playing as Killer, the overall rolls and 17 different Killers really does keep each map fresh, and challenges me each time. I really do enjoy facing against strong, and coordinated Survivors that really can give a good chase on any Killer you choose. Its fun to catch them, and overall face them. It helps me improve my skills, find errors in my approach, and overall gives me an idea of what to do next time EVEN in the trial.

I always strive for a fair and fun match for both parties, and try to avoid anything such as tunneling or camping so the experience is fun for the both of us. I also love talking to people in post-chat who actually had a fun game with me. Its great to know I can make someones Trial a fun and challenging one indeed!

Overall, Dead by Daylight can be so diverse in many ways, multi-culturally and overall artistically. This game is very unique with how it approached an asymmetrical 4 Vs 1 horror game and i'm very glad it was created... I'm thankful for the friends I've made playing this game, the help I was able to give to people who needed it, and the overall support when discussing about topics that I may have created, or others have created.

No matter what people say about this game, I truly am thankful for its creation, and will always be apart of its community until the end.

Thanks for reading my post,

See you in the fog.

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 153

I love dbd because I got to meet amazing people while playing it and still play with them and before was a shy person thanks to this people I got to open up a lot :) and I just love the adrenaline the chase gives is so addictive heh and just the fact that such a game that I expected to drop it like 2 days later , got so hooked to it

Just a few hours left for the giveaway to end. Participate before the time runs out.

Who won? Time is out if I didn't make a mistake in the hour

Thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway.

I, personally, went through all the responses in this thread. It was fun to read everybody's reasons on why they love this amazing game called Dead By Daylight. After reading all the responses, I learnt that there's one thing in common and that is the love for the development team, the game's characters, the friendships people have built and the role of the community in helping eachother that keeps us together despite our differences in opinions. With this, I would like to say that it was really tough to choose from so many responses. It doesn't matter if you win or don't, you're always getting a lot of invaluable experience with this game, and like me, you can always give back to the community in your own unique way.

So, without further ado, the winners, in no particular order are the the following :

@Dr_Loomis

@Toxicboii

@Dryhigh

@Hexyl

Congratulations to all the winners!!

Please note that the skins you will be rewarded will be randomly chosen by me. Let me figure out a way to give y'all the codes. But it'd be easier and would make sense if a mod or a CM helped me inbox the codes to you guys directly on the forums.

@Peanits @MandyTalk @Gay Myers (Luzi) @Not_Best_Impressed @not_Queen @Patricia

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,144

Grats to those that won!

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,079

Wow thank you, that's fantastic. Thanks so much. Look forward to the new skin. 😃 Top dude!

Yeah, let's wait for a mod or CM to respond. If not, we'll look for another way to do it. Congratulations!

I honestly wish I could give something to everyone, but I only got these few codes. Appreciate everyone who spent time to share their experience and love for the game.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 7,587

It's more than fine, you got some good stories out of it, right?

• Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 277

Congrats, and thanks to you @Khalednazari for doing this :)

You're welcome and thank you for participating. I will always give back to the community whenever I can.

• DryhighDryhigh Member Posts: 77

Wow thanks! I didn't plan on winning I just wanted to state my love for the game and why. I had fun reading other comments! :D

Congratulations!! Waiting for a mod's response to deliever the codes to your inbox on the forums.

• Gay Myers (Luzi)Gay Myers (Luzi) Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,032
    edited September 19

HELLO I CAN HELP zubUWU @Khalednazari

edited September 19

Yaaaay! Thank you @Gay Myers (Luzi). That's awesome! :3

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 3,497
    edited September 19

Congrats to winners!

@Khalednazari That's very nice from you :)