Due to a power outage we will be postponing The Archive live broadcast that was planned for 2PM today. We will communicate as soon as we have an ETA. Thank you.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Honest opinions about Oblivious and Undetectable

2»

Comments

• indieeden7indieeden7 Member Posts: 838

You're right in one aspect, but no killer is intended to counter a perk. Killer's abilities are to counter survivor playstyles as you said, add-ons and perks are used to counter other add-ons and perks.

However, again, how you can say that Hillbilly's power is to "balance Dead Hard at higher ranks" completely baffles me.

1) Dead Hard isn't this God tier, uncounterable perk every killer main makes it out to be, it can screw survivors over and can easily be baited out.

2) Hillbilly was in the game for about a year before Dead Hard was even a thing so your claim that Hillbilly's entire power is to "balance Dead Hard at higher ranks" is a complete falsity.

• TheUnendingNightmareTheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,106
    edited September 20

I'm not saying it is specifically There for this jeez don't make me say things I didn't mean.

What I mean rather is that it is balance and work this way to help deal with that kind of perk and playstyle.

Which imo isn't bad. Which is why Freddy denying BT isn't the end of days.

• TheUnendingNightmareTheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,106
    edited September 20

Like by comparison the Hag is balance around her ability to juke and loop. Not how fast she win games.

Hillbilly like Leatherface is balance around his ability to insta down survivors not how good they can loop and juke.

• MewMew Member Posts: 360

Dead hard is completely different from bt, imo. Dh is an exhaustion perk that only gets denied if you make a mistake in being out in the open/curved on by a billy, which is perfectly healthy and fine. But with bt, its primary use is against campers & tunnelers.

The biggest reason why i dislike that he’s immune to it is because theres now virtually nothing survivors can do if a freddy decides to camp, and the camped survivor doesnt have ds.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,607

Leatherface is the cannibal. And he is not used at higher ranks due to his glaring weaknesses (windows and his tantrum).

It's not because he can instadown, it's because he swings multiple times, effectively overriding MoM and BT.

Huntress' hatchets are unreliable. There are times they hit when they shouldn't, and there are times when they don't hit when they should. Also the environment on several maps is really bad for her (Haddonfield + Autohaven).

Hag cannot counter perks like Lithe, Sprint Burst, or Balanced landing except if they run to a trapped area. She is also very hard to master so not many try.

Nurse on console isn't common, however, on PC she is one of the main red rank killers.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,607

Absolutely not. Dead hard is to bait out attacks and gain distance, as well as being very predictable by people who use it. If one were to Dead Hard a billy saw, say, to the side, then it absolutely was worth it, and the billy was already wasting his time with a saw rev on an injured survivor.

But billy's been in the game forever, since launch. Saying he was designed for that is ridiculous, since David King came out with Huntress.

Hag is dependant on skill and addons, and most of the time is countered by crouching and flashlights. Also only if she has prepared for that loop in the first place.

Myers cannot bypass MoM in T3, and I don't know why you'd say that. Endurance for survivors overrides Exposed every time. Myers can only bypass DH if he expects it (He only gets around four T3s in a normal game, so DH is still viable against him). I don't know why you would say that.

I can't say why doctor was designed or for what purpose, but I don't think anti stealth was the reason. He has counterplay and funny enough, stealth is the best option. Sure, not for your first shock, but if you know to stay in T1, then he has no way of tracking you. At least if you're smart, he has no way of tracking you. Doc is WEAK.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 549
    edited September 21

The new status effects are fine. I do however think that certain perks like Premonition, Coulraphobia, and Spine Chill need compensation buffs.

• slingshotsurvivorslingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 910

I main Freddy and LOVE IT! When I play survivor not so much... Guess it depends on what side you play.

I will say that as Freddy I've encountered a lot more first hook deaths because of it but I guess that's the trade off if I want a chance at end game.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 722

Undetectable is one of the best things for DbD since EGC. Sure, it renders aura reading perks useless against stealth killers, but should you see a cloaked wraith with OoO? Probably not...

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,400

Its kinda weird that oblivious blocks those " in terror radius effects".

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,261

Completely wrong here. None of these killers are designed to specifically counter a perk with their base power. Can some of their abilities do so? Sure. How does the chainsaw counter DH when No Mither is being run? The two perks are on the same base survivor for a reason. Always injured and always ready. If anything, David's base perks were designed to counter the use of insta-down. And yes, I see killers chainsaw injured survivors all the time, thus DH comes into play. This gets chalked up to situational avoidance, but the perk is still useful.

Hag counters no perk with her base powers.

Meyers does not counter either. His exposed status can insta-down, but he likely has many injured opponents around the field capable of using DH to avoid it. He also is likely to score more M1 hits than exposed hits throughout the game, thus not nullifying MoM, but situationally capable of avoiding it. Still not a complete counter.

Doctor does not completely destroy UE. He makes it more difficult, sure. But good stealth players still make it work. I've been able to use UE plenty of times to avoid Doc long enough to put enough distance between us that he goes for another target or wastes a ton of time looking for me. Add Calm Spirit in and you are seriously hindering Doc's tracking ability unless he is looking in your direction. Again, does not fully counter the perk, but makes it less effective.

On the other hand, the new changes completely shut down several perks, much like EGC completely shut down Lone Survivor/Sole Survivor.....whatever that perk that nobody ran was.

I love that stealth killers got a buff, but not at the expense of killer and survivor perks, and not one that promotes a frustrating gameplay tactic like tunneling off the hook.