Home Dead by Daylight Forums Bug Reports Killers The Ghost Face
If you are experiencing the Rank Update Error, please click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125133/
You are currently reviewing the archived bug reports section. To report a new issue, please use the new bug reports section found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs
We will shortly be deploying a hotfix to the PTB to potentially address the Save Game Errors that some players were facing. Please update your PTB build when the update is available and let us know of any issues. Thank you.

Deep wound is not affected by night shroud while chased

RaffaellRaffaell Member Posts: 98
edited September 2019 in The Ghost Face

Ghostface is the only stealth killer that can do this. If you get the deep wound status effect for example, when someone borrowed times you and then he tunnels you after that, ghostface can make your bar go down while he is chasing you if he activates his ability. I have video proof from this recent PTB, I m gonna put the link below. The matter isnt that whether you can or not do something to counter this bug (cuz it s imo something that shouldnt exist in the first place), the matter is that it is there and once more people realize, it will get so annoying. So... ghostface can hide behind any structure at a loop and slowly drain your bar lol. You cant do anything but die in a miserable way.

https://www111.zippyshare.com/v/K72LhzoL/file.html

Comments

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

This is not a bug. The DW bar drains while outside of the terror radius. While ghostface is using Night Shroud he has no terror radius, thus your DW bar will drain.

The same interaction happens with Freddy and with TR manipulation perks and with other similar powers such as T1 Myers, Crouching pig, Cloaking Wraith and technically Demogorgons teleport.

For example the M2 Legion builds (Franks, Stab wound study, Dark Devotion) relies on this in order to work.

• RaffaellRaffaell Member Posts: 98

ik about wraith and others bro, does it make sense for you while you re chased and music is playing that you can reduce your TR to 0 and drain the bar lol?

I mean, think this way, how can you be stealthy while you re literally seen and heard

Yes of course it makes sense. Being chased has nothing to do with the terror radius. DW is based on the TR, being in a chase or not is irrelevant.

This simply the result of the different mechanics being used in tandem with each other and is 100% explicitly intentional in the case of Freddy who can also do that.

Then DW definately shouldnt work only based on TR lol:) I told you, when you re stealthy, you re not either seen or heard like when you re in a chase

Plus on that, when Night shroud is active, ghostface is in stealth mode and if you look at him for a bit, he ll be back to normal, so that clearly proves my statement

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,083
    edited September 2019

Sounds like people are figuring out what's going on with Freddy and using it with other 0TR killers now. Great ._.

Just to make it clear, I know about other killers with 0TR like Wraith, pig, tier 1 myers....

What i m talking about is ghostface going stealth mode while he is literally chasing you for real and draining the deep wound bar cuz deep wound status effect works on TR and doenst matter if he is chasing you or not lmao, which is totally messed up cuz it doesnt make sense. As from what I know, if pig crouches, you get out of chase, right? Anyways, you can mend with no problem cuz she has a delay till she can hit if she wants to uncrouch so it pretty balanced, unlike in ghostface s case where he can easily activate nightshroud and spam the crouch lol

If you want me to explain you why all the others killers with 0TR are balanced in this case for a few paragraphs, then say it

I mean Pig is slightly slower when she's crouching but she can still chase you and her lunge is a pretty far range. She can miss with it, but if she's behind you you can't just stop and mend. That said, you can also break GhostFace out of stealth while he's chasing you. It's difficult but it can be done. It's not balanced on Freddy either as no one has enough control over being asleep to counter it.

How does that prove anything?

Revealing him reenables his terror radius and thus you are in his terror radius and thus DW stops draining.

Again it's just the natural result of the mechanics interacting.

Wait... when you re asleep with deep wound, freddy s lullaby doesnt count as TR or what? i wasnt aware of that wow

Being asleep inflicts oblivious now.

While oblivious you are always considered outside of the terror radius

DW drains while outside of the terror radius

Thus DW drains while asleep.

edited September 2019

It's a recent thing. It triggers the Oblivious status effect now which means you are not affected by the Terror Radius or Terror Radius related perks. That's why I said what I said. It seems like the arguments on the forums over whether or not Freddy should affect Borrowed Time have trickled down to other killers who can have 0 TR. Now people are using those to basically say "FU Borrowed Time, I'll camp/tunnel if I want to".

It proves what i said if you re stealthy, you cant be seen, otherwise, you re not stealthy, it s pure logic. The game does the same, if you look at him for 3 sec i think, he s not in stealth mode anymore. That s how the game supports this ideea.

edited September 2019

This new thing with freddy is rlly f*cked up, wow! I had no clue about it, i havent played against some freddies in a really long time

That's how ghostface power in particular works. Not how the terror radius in general works.

The rule is not "if the Killer is being stealthy than DW will drain", its "if you are out of the Killers terror radius then DW will drain". Why are you bringing stealth into it? Stealth Killers use terror radius manipulation as a means to an end, but the TR itself is only a part of stealth. It just also happens to be the part that DW tracks.

Are you saying DW should never drain if you have LoS with the Killer no matter what? What exactly is the complaint here?

Also the Freddy thing is new. Oblivious only just this patch became a thing, so it's only just now caused DW to drain.

And this only really matters for Freddy and Legion anyways, since stealth Killers would just stealth before the unhook.

All I m complaining about is why does DW bar drain when you re being chased if the killer doesnt have TR at the moment? It doesnt sound right, for real now. DW should receive some attention so after the next patch, if you re in chase, the bar wont drain no matter what. I get you re saying the game works as it is set, it s true, but it s not making sense, y'know?

This is what I m pointing here, Deep wound bar shouldnt go down while you re in the chase if the killer has 0 TR at that moment.

Chances are very small for tinkerer to be in the same boat. It could happen, and it s the same thing, but there can be any killer, so... if you would die because of this thing, you wouldnt be so happy... cuz chances are literally so low

I don't see why this is a problem. It's neither an exploit nor a bug. It's simply the intended interaction with these mechanics. There is no reason why DW wouldn't go down if there is no TR, and there is nothing wrong with the Killer utilizing the details of the mechanics in order to gain an advantage, it's called strategy and it's encouraged.

It doesn't even have no counterplay:

• Find a pallet
    • Start mending on the pallet
    • Stun the Killer if they try and stop you

If it's wraith, GF or Pig they are now out of stealth. If they are Myers you can run for a bit due to his extremely slow speed before continuing to mend since mending will stop the bar from draining. So long as you manage your time properly you can eventually mend the entire way.

Worst case scenario you waste 30 seconds of his time.