We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
The stench of rotting Pustula Plants fills the air: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93854/
Some players have been facing an issue that causes partial loss of progress. We found one cause of the issue and are planning a fix for the mid-chapter update. In the meantime you can use this workaround: restart the game client after using the Custom game feature. Thank you.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Five nights at Freddy's chapter

2»

Comments

• I_play_GhostboyI_play_Ghostboy Member Posts: 6

How do you delete a post?

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,653

As much as I'd like to see a crossover (Springtrap in particular would fit quite well, I think), I don't think it will happen because of their... reputation.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 1,653

the First 3 games had a good story, but it's been diluted to mediocrity over the 3 that followed. The Nightmares and Springtrap could easily work in terms of a gritty and hyperrealistic aesthetic, although I'm not sure how their mechanics would work for this game. The best fit would probably be Springtrap, because he is a psycho undead murderer, who could probably work in a slasher flick if Scott really tried (we have yet to see how the movie unfolds, as it's in production).

The games in general do a good job of creating suspense, even though the jumpscare mechanic just isn't a good one to rely on. In this I think we agree.

My point is don't just diss it because it has mechanics you don't like. There are definitely mechanics I don't like in DBD, but that doesn't make me disparage the whole game just because of them.

• Star99erStar99er Member Posts: 557

Get that sorry excuse of a horror game out of here. Lmao.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 673

Maybe a Five Nights suit for the Clown...

• DeadbyDeathGardenDeadbyDeathGarden Member Posts: 74

Not to be mean but, FNAF itself is really really horror/youtube bait. If they were to make a FNAF Animatronic, It would HAVE to be able to jumpscare. It's power should be this:

Broken Voice Box.

You take pleasure in scaring your victims, not killing them.

You can press M2, R1 or RB to activate a channel. Once this is full, unleash a scream attack that, 10 meters infront of you, causes survivors to scream and become hindered for 5 seconds. This will also add half a bar to the fear amount. Fear can be levelled up 3 times. At level one, hear the terror radius near you anytime you are running for atleast 5 seconds. Level 2 will cause all of the above and have a 10% chance for any skill check to have no great skill check section. At level 3, the Hindered status affect is PERMANENT. Plus all the above with the terror radius being right behind you forever when running and the skill check chance being 50%. You can lower this fear meter back to one by simply being near other survivors or completed gens. You cannot lower the meter below fear 1.

This isn't balanced at all but I think this is more consistent with Freddy's and fits him more.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 3,053

You're comparing mechanics from a game that relied on the jumpscare factor to actually make it appealing for people to complete.

People played that game solely to finish it, and survive the "horrific night" till 6 AM or whatever. Nothing about that game is scary unless you're either not desensitized like most people are these days, or you're a child (No offense.) The only reason people thought it was "scary" was because of the jumpscares, even the name implies my exact point.

It was just a sudden thing that pops up on your screen to make you jump, its literally the bottom of the barrel way to get a scare out of someone...

Despite everything people complain about here on a daily basis, BHVR still has a team, they still have production going into their work. FnaF is just a meme, and its just another community that certain people latch onto so they can theorize about things in a game with the most cookie cutter lore on the planet.

Nothing about that game doesn't scream toxicity whenever I hear about it, that's why I diss that game, its not a game, its just a mess.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,731
    edited September 22

FNAF may make players scream through jumpscares, but in-game they are murderous animatronics that kill. In-universe, they aren't trying to make people scream or scare people.

Yeah but heres the thing, in universe they don't want to kill people. They are literally malfunctioning. They aren't murderous, murderous implies they wish to kill. They don't. The jumpscare is the most iconic thing of FNAF so making it the animatronics power is the obvious choice.

They do kill, though. They don't scare. Making their power revolve around something that doesn't tie into them at all in-universe doesn't really make sense to me.

What do you mean doesn't tie into them at all in universe? I genuinely do not understand how it isn't in universe. The Freddy Files, A CANON IN UNIVERSE BOOK, explicitly shows you how to avoid getting jumpscared with tips and trivia. It's the entire point of the book. They do kill but what is FNAF known for. JUMPSCARES

If you really wanna go in universe, how bout we have a cybernetic girl who has different forms for different ages, OR how bout you be a purple man stabbing kids outside pizzerias. IF YOU REALLY WANNA GET IN UNIVERSE WHY AREN'T YOU SUGGESTING THESE.

edited September 24

I'm not sure you understand what "in-universe" means. The Freddy Files, from what I am reading, is just a superjuiced guide book. It does not canonically exist in the FNaF world. "In-universe" means it exists/happens in the world of Five Nights at Freddy's. The lore in the world of FNaF is not about how the animatronics jumpscare people. It is about how they kill people and are also probably haunted by the souls of murder victims and whatnot.

If we were to implement such characters into DBD, we want to try and make them as true to their canon as possible.

Post edited by TAG on
  • RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,413

William Afton aka "purple man" aka Springtrap would MAYBE be the only candidate from that franchise for dbd.

Although im not sure what his kit could be.

Im pretty sure the fnaf guy or our devs could actually design a dbd-suitable skin for springtrap. Might actually be a cheap deal for bhvr, werent the later fnaf titels all free?

About the jumpscare thing... Hag, Shape.

Snark aside,sadly jumpscares are nowadays the "horror" in games and even movies. Its cheap. The good ol stuff simply became "boring".

I skimmed through the original Halloween movie. All that really rather really creepy but realistic stuff ( i liked that scene with the random kid bumping into myers followed by that rather silent car stalking scene) would maybe put people to sleep nowadays.

Horror sadly became oversaturated eith cheap jumpscarrs abd excessive gore.

• Mr_QwayzarMr_Qwayzar Member Posts: 122

Everyone who wanted to make a FNAF chapter used or wanted to use only purple guy/Springtrap. I thought that there are so many variants and assortments of characters in this franchise it would be a waste to only use one so use went and made a way for the most know variants of characters to take part ex. Bear, Bunny, chicken, fox characters. All the different versions can be cosmetic packs

"The lore in the world of FNaF is not about how the animatronics jumpscare people. It is about how they scare people and are also probably haunted by the souls of murder victims and whatnot." Those 2 sentences contradict eachother. Here's what you just said. The universe is not about how the animatronics scare people. It's about how they scare people.

That was a typo on my part. I meant to say that it is about how they kill people and are also probably haunted.

• Mr_QwayzarMr_Qwayzar Member Posts: 122

TAG figuring out Fnaf lore is way above our pay grade. However we overlook that the Entity makes its followers want to kill for it, so regardless of them wanting to kill or not before hand is irrelevant. In the Entity's realms they will kill for it.

• SpringeySpringey Member Posts: 38

The only thing I can see it working, is putting a human inside one of those spring lock costumes. But even then it wouldn't really fit imo.

• VoodooMan7995VoodooMan7995 Member Posts: 87

Ahem... Not to be rude but um... Scream was a tv series for a long time. Stranger things is a Netflix show. Leatherface is based on a true story. Anything can happen my friend...

• Chicagopimp2019Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 115

Not rude at all. When I said movies, i was including TV. Leatherface, I would argue, is still a movie character. Otherwise the killer would be named Ed Gein. 5 Nights at Freddys is a kid's game. Would not fit

• VoodooMan7995VoodooMan7995 Member Posts: 87

Okay, good points... I agree you could argue leatherface is a movie character... Yeah... I guess deep down we won't know anything until the fmaf movie's rating is announced

• NightmareRebornNightmareReborn Member Posts: 426
    edited October 1

I think the only way a FNaF chapter could work is if they do a character redesign. Sort of like Bowser from Super Mario games to Smash Bros (they act and seem completely different).

Personally, I think that Springtrap would be the best canidate for a FNaF killer if they were to add one. The others would still be cool, but would stick out like a sore thumb.

I know many people are against the idea, but the potential to make a great killer is there.

EDIT: For those saying that FNaF is jumpscare reliant, there's alot more to the series than what meets the eye.