If you have a moment, we'd also appreciate if you could fill out The Archives survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/J83Q56Z
"Fixing" Decent Killers
Basically, I've made some threads that proposed how I would fix the low tier Killers.
The way I define my tier lists is such that A tier is the target for viability, with B tier being able to get results but are still not quite viable.
For C and D tier Killers as well as the clown due to his borderline status drastic changes are needed either to their fundamental mechanics or to their numbers. For B tier this isn't generally the case, but something is still needed for these Killers. Now to be more specific:
- Decrease the cooldown on night shroud by 5 seconds
- Decrease the initial detection zone size to pre-hotfix size (to prevent overcompensation)
- While ghostface is in the Survivor's LoS but not being revealed with at least 20% visability the detection zone increases up to a maximum of 12% (3x the effect of the hotfix) over 4 seconds (3% increase per second). This ensures that you won't continuously try to reveal ghostface and fail due to being just outside the detection zone
- When ghostface exits LoS with you, reveal progress drains at the same rate you gain it (66% progress lost per second), this means if you try revealing him for 1.4 seconds and then he breaks LoS for 1.4 seconds then you will have 0 reveal progress on him, and if he breaks LoS for 0.5 seconds then you will have 60% reveal progress on him.
Only the first of those changes is a straight balance change. The other 3 are designed to fix the inconsistency's caused by the buffer and wonky detection zones. If you get into cover before 1.5 seconds then you instantly stop being revealed while right now it takes 0.3 seconds to stop being revealed.
Lower cooldown means getting revealed is less punishing if you are going for exposed downs and that not going for exposed downs is more reliable as well. It doesn't effect the strength of the strategies, just their reliability and makes utility usage easier as well.
- Make Blessed Apple base kit
That it. Now she is guaranteed to be able to use corrupt at least once making her more threatening and making cleansing a harder choice (do I think I can Survive a single Corrupt duration or should I cleanse to give myself an extra hit when she uses it at the cost of having her use it even more?) and would certainly fix her viability entirely.
- Gain 1 stalk point per second of stalking Survivors (instead of a max of 0.833333333 depending on distance). Note that 5 points are required for each tier
- Survivors have 15 evil within points instead of 10 (assuming 4 survivors) for a total of 60 EW points.
Again no other changes needed. Getting tiers faster means more time spent in T3 or less time in T1 and thus means he can use his strengths more often.