We are aware of a current issue going around affecting most forum users. Affected users received this message upon log in: "You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

We are currently investigating this incident.
The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Saving BPS for double bloodpoint events isn't extra beneficial.

I saved a bunch up to use to level Demo and the new survivors quickly, as well as level up Killers to learn their perks. People are saying, "don't use anymore you should save them for the double BP event."

You guys understand the bonus is additive right, using BPS on top of double event doesn't give you 4x it still only gives 3x the points. You could make the case people are more open to farming or playing chill during the event, but if anything people seem to be MORE toxic. Constant SWF using BNP to end the game in 3 minutes and killers tunneling with Moris, playing their strongest addon combos.

Comments

• TheBeanTheBean Member Posts: 2,144
    edited September 23

Probably just peoples expectations change and then think players are being more toxic than normal.

I feel more people would like to farm during those events and get annoyed when most are still playing like normal.

But yeah there is no benefit... Maybe some people get the impression they will come across more farming matches to maximize their BPS offerings.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 907

You can use BPS? Every time I use one (or see one in lobby) the killer DC's and we get nothing. Note that this also destroys the offering.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,856

Ugh i can't waiiiiit for people to complain about others just wanting to play DbD and not farm all day.

Thanks for reminding me that happens...

• SunderMunSunderMun Member Posts: 723

Only time people will be more likely to not play like an a**hole tbh. (On both sides, I mean)

And it actually feels rewarding to receive 300% BP, all the way up to 800% (with WGLF/BBQ) as the grind feels so slow and unrewarding for the time commitment, especially as survivor.

• dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 241

I never bring offerings anyway. Im too scared to waste them lol. Thats why I have like 70 escape cakes on my Dwight.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,490

people often ask others to play party streamers with them during bp events, so I save them for situations like those

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 3,817

I'll be real here, there is only one time when you should burn Bloody Party Streamers: When you are playing with a friend. This is even more important if your friend almost never plays Dead by Daylight.

If you are playing with random strangers you're simply better off burning an Escape Cake or a Survivor Pudding. Why? It's simple. Escape Cakes and Survivor Puddings are both "uncommon" so you'll see them usually once every other Bloodweb or so, more often if you are lucky. Additionally, both of these offerings are a mere 4000 BP compared to the 5000 BP streamers, so in the event that match goes poorly you're losing less. Finally, streamers change people's behavior. It's much easier to get the full potential out of your offering when everyone else isn't trying to do the same thing.

TL:DR - Use the cake and puddings instead of streamers for yourself and save the streamers for when you play with a friend who's new to DBD or doesn't play it often.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 775

Right, I feel like everyone just playing a “normal,” game everyone gets a good amount of BP. People think intentionally slowing down to get 28-32k for everyone don’t understand the time lost. You’ll probably get more points just doing games normally.

• Blackowt_9120Blackowt_9120 Member Posts: 296

I feel like it would be much more kind to use you’re use bps with the big influx of new players from the stranger things chapter

Problem is as a survivor I’m rank 7, sure the matchmaking is bad but I don’t get paired with they many below 15

• TWiXTTWiXT Member Posts: 595

Here's how I see it:

20k (Base Match Earnings) + 20K (Perk) + 20k (BPS) = 60k (200%)

That's an example of what we can earn right now without the Bloodhunt event. With the event added in you get:

20k (BME) + 20k (Event) + 20k (Perk) + 20k (1 BPS) = 80k (300%)

That's just from 1 person using BPS and a WGLF/BBQ. However, People often save the BPS/Gateau's for this event, so the possibility of more than 1 person using them is higher, and what we get is:

20k (BME) + 20k (Event) + 20k (Perk) + 40k (2 BPS) = 100k (400%)

20k (BME) + 20k (Event) + 20k (Perk) + 60k (3 BPS) = 120k (500%)

20k (BME) + 20k (Event) + 20k (Perk) + 80k (4 BPS) = 140k (600%)

20k (BME) + 20k (Event) + 20k (Perk) + 100k (5 BPS) = 160k (700%)

That's a Significant difference in BP. Even still, if only 1 person is using BPS per match during the event, in my example they are netting an additional 20k more BP for everyone than than they would from participating in the event alone, which means you get more BP for less time played. So yes, It is beneficial to save some of them for the event. I don't understand why people have a hard time grasping this... is my math here wrong, or has there been a change to the bloodhunts I'm not factoring in?

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 732

It's not just about farming though. These events bring out the sweatiest builds which can ruin it for others. Especially those who really are trying to play like normal.

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 2,856

Thats a balance issue in general. People could do that any time they want.

People trying harder/running their best stuff when more bp is up for grabs isn't surprising its understandable imo

• KabuKabu Member Posts: 732

It's understandable but that usually means everyone gets less points.

Example: Gens get repaired in four minutes and the killer only had the chance for two hooks so most of the points that survivors get would be from repairing gens.

Omegablink God Nurse with meta perks who wipes the floor with everyone in four minutes only to get like 14k bloodpoints.

That's what has happened, from my experience, with every blood hunt.

Farming gets you more points for that game but it usually takes longer. So, it's actually less points overall a period of time as you play less games. Playing normally, in general, would net you more points over time. People don't seem to think like that though.

No matter when you use them, a BPS can give a max bonus of 32k. If everyone uses them during a normal day your max BP is 192k if you use them during double event the max bonus is 224 so no there isn’t any “bonus bonus”

BBQ or WGLF can increase those numbers as well of course

What happens is people who don’t normally get to “do well,” with killer know that a lot of players will be playing a little less sweaty so they see it as their chance to get kills they normally wouldn’t

edited September 23

224k is still a bonus 32k added to the 192k you would earn otherwise at maximum, so I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saying "so no there isn't any 'bonus bonus' ". I mean obviously the BP bonus is not multiplicative on the base amount, and is instead additive, which is what I visually expressed in my example. To me, a bloodhunt is the same as getting a free BPS (additional 100%) without having to use an offering, whereas using the offering during the event is just adding another BPS in and getting an extra 32k going by your example. Which is a bonus of amount of BP on top of the events bonus... I'm confused, are you agreeing with my comment or saying its wrong?

I’m saying there is no different to using your BPS today or during the event.

edited September 23

Not sure I follow. How is there no difference between Using BPS now:

32k (base points) + 32k (BPS) = 64k

And using them during the event:

32K (base points) + 32k (BPS) + 32k (event bonus) = 96k

?

Right, so either way your BPS is worth 32k

edited September 23

So? That's still a bonus of 32k on top of the bonus 32k you get from the event. Using them during the event is still giving you more BP than you would earn any normal day of play. So what if it only maxes out at an additional 32k, that's still more BP! Say you play for 10 games, each taking 10 minutes and use BPS every game while earning the maximum 32k points. That means you get:

Normal:

10 (games) x 32k (base earnings) = 320k + 320k (BPS) = 640k gained in 100 minutes of play time

Event:

10 (games) x 32k (base Earnings) = 320k + 320k (event) + 320k (BPS) = 960k gained in 100 minutes of play time.

You spend the same amount of time and earn a significant amount more than you would using them normally. How is this not beneficial?

If you didn't save the BPS for the event, then playing the event without them would be the same as playing on a non-event day with them, but playing with the BPS during the event is still a big net gain in BP, so why not save a few for the event and take advantage of it?

• yakul1nausicaayakul1nausicaa Member Posts: 46

The hope is that people are more inclined to use their bloody party streamers during the bloodhunt instead of hoarding them. I'm happy to farm if there are several bps in use during a bloodhunt, that way everyone benefits from a healthy bloodpoint score.

Right, okay style may change but the math on them doesn’t. Like I said it also tends to bring a lot of toxic players out so generally I’d rather use them during my normal play time right after a DLC comes out

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

This is 100% what I do. I only use BPS when I'm playing SWF with my friend. (I only have one friend who plays DBD).