Home Discussions General Discussions
The September 2020 Developer Update is now available.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/194208

Are Killers allowed to use NOED now?

Comments

• NMCKENMCKE Member Posts: 7,289

That would be awesome! :D

That means I don't have to cleanse totems anymore! Can't wait!

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 2,210

The 42nd edition of The Rule Book was updated to reflect this change in attitude.

• MazemelMazemel Member Posts: 14

Understandably so, but looking at all the perks in the game, many of them are situational as well. We could take a look at the controversial yet popular Decisive Strike for instance. It’s extremely situational because if the killer doesn’t down and pick up the survivor within a minute if being unhooked, then it doesn’t become useful to the survivor who ran it and wastes a perk slot. Another situational perk is Deliverance. If a survivor doesn’t activate the perk before they get hooked then it becomes as useful as an empty perk slot.

• douggie123douggie123 Member Posts: 851

It deals with smart ass survivors who think it's funny to teabag the killer making out they are godnor something and then say GG ez. Even then I have seen a few survivors who think will hide in lockers majority of the match and then still have the audacity to say GG ez when they spent most of there play time in a bloody locker.

• MookywolfMookywolf Member Posts: 903

put entries of the survivor rulebook in the archives, that would be awesome XD

If we want to meet the satisfactions of the whole community, I propose changes such as making Adrenaline only activate if the survivor has reached the second hook stage and also make he changes the I NOED in my original comment.

I feel like one of the biggest issues with this game at the moment is the fact that the meta isn’t changing because there are old perks that are still extremely powerful and it doesn’t leave any room for new perks to take their place.

• NaphemilNaphemil Member Posts: 66

You are absolutely wrong, the killers main objective is not to stop genes from being completed, that's the secondary objective. The main objective of killers is obviously to kill survivors.... it's kinda in the name. Until survivors escape, only then will the killers have failed in their objective and anything up until that point is still part of the game.

Alright, I see where you are coming from. However, if the killer can effectively and efficiently stop survivors from working on generators, then survivors cannot progress their own objective and cannot escape. This is why I believe that successful killers focus on pushing survivors off of gens first then going for survivors. I’m a strong advocate for Pop goes the weasel as it allows a massive regression of the survivors objective.

• GayceGayce Member Posts: 14

Use whatever perks you want. I can see NOED being annoying against solo survivors (I like doing 4 totems, and just got hit by NOED at the end), but it's a perk, like any other perks in this game. If someone is salty about it, just ignore it.

• SiNister_TTVSiNister_TTV Member Posts: 8

Use what you like, there is far to many strong opinions from both survivor and killer in what they can and can't do, What is fair, what is not etc. Play the game how you want to play it, if you don't like opinions in the end game chat, you can always turn them off or just say GG and leave. If you on console, change your privacy options.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,951

NOED has always been fine. I can't help but think the complaints are dying down since the ST chapter came out as there is of course a perk now which rewards cleansing totems and gives a fast heal.

It's amazing how a mindset can change when someone now feels rewarded for doing something that they really should have done all along.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,172
    edited September 2019

I think enough people have complained about it to be changed, and not getting any results... So now they're finally accepting to just get around it.

Of course, we'll still get some stragglers who post about it now and again... DEMANDING! a nerf or something.

Sadly guys, its not going to happen...

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,782

I don't know, I always get rage messages (rank 8 right now) for using NOED (Xbox), people don't get that I play for the pips, I break stuff, take my time, use portals every now and then (Demogorgon) to get BP in all "activities" you must take part on, and then, the end game begins, NOED + Remember me + Blood warden. Even though it's a strategy and not a "last resourse" people just don't get it

• SoylentPixieSoylentPixie Member Posts: 835
    edited September 2019

Correction. It's in the ENTITLED survivor rulebook.

Some of us actually don't care what you use or what you do as long as people don't actually cheat (and i mean literally cheating, not using a certain perk/addon/blah blah). Some of us accept the hand we are dealt each game and work around it because that is PART of the game.

So use NOED to your hearts content, and I'll keep making use of small game (highly underrated) and maps :)

• NaphemilNaphemil Member Posts: 66

I agree 100%, if a killer can prevent their secondary objective from being completed then that means their primary objective is pretty much guaranteed. Yet there are some obvious issues with some killers not have any sort of way to pressure good survivors which in turn creates our issue, gen rushing.

• WateryWatery Member Posts: 1,118

They’ve been allowed to run it. I’m a survivor and it’s been fine.

• IhatelifeIhatelife Member Posts: 4,557
    edited September 2019

Let's see in the survivors rule book for Killers...

• Pumpkin_KingPumpkin_King Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2019

DS is still a second chance perk for survivors that either don't wait to unhook when it's safe or for survivors that don't know how to properly escape. Same goes for Borrowed Time.

Adrenaline is still a broken perk that can easily reward you for messing up , just because your team mates did the objectives.

Dead Hard rewards you for messing up your loops.

Four survivor perks that can all reward you for messing up. So what are you complaining about? And if the perks are not enough don't forget your insta heal :P

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,944

No. Killer are NEVER allowed to use perks they want, even though they're easily countered!

/s

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

Jeyers every post I see you make is just directly complaining about killers or just asking for a nerf/rework. Killers have strong perks and survivors have strong perks, why should only the killers ones be reworked?

Although DS is in a better place now the thingI hate the most is it's supposed to be an anti-tunnel perk but in reality it's just a 1 minute of invincibility. I see far too many survivors using it to just play dumb. Lets rush the hook with DS! Lets stay on this gen right in the killers face because we have god mode for another x seconds. Lets just body block the killer because if he downs us we can still escape! Let's instantly get back into a chase, oops I messed up and got downed now lets just get rewarded for my mistake!

NOED is a second chance for killers that has a completely easy counterplay for. Survivors have a list of second chance perks too but if the killer ever complains about them they are just told to gid gud.

Now Jeyers, my question to you is why can the survivors have second chances but the whenever the killer uses a second chance it's OP?

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 275

That's objectively wrong.

Survivors have to actually do something to get adrenaline to work (work 5 gens done)

Killers don't have to do anything to get NOED to work.

Broken perk that rewards poor play.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,794

Go ahead. Good survivors will cleanse it before it even activates.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Plague doesn't get a movement speed bonus on top of that, so you can handle it much easier to loop her.

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

Tuesdays after 11 AM but before 5PM. Wednesday's after 1PM but before 5:45PM. Sundays all Day.

For the record, DS, Adrenaline and BT are only clear for use Friday's from 9AM until 11AM. Mondays between 2PM and 4:45PM.

Everyone clear now? Can we get this pinned?

• Warlock_2020Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,868

You clearly don't read these forums much if you think that is true. Killers whine more than anyone. Well, let me clarify. Not all killers do, considering I'd be looped into the killer group, but not the whiner one. Killers are the biggest vocal group on this forum and they constantly complain about:

SWF, Gen Rush, Adrenaline, Non-Healing Meta, Healing is too fast (WTF?!), Borrowed Time (how dare anyone rescue in front of me when I'm camping!), Dead Hard, DS (how dare they stab me when I tunneled them!), SWF (again, just cuz....yeah), Keys (I just closed that thing!), nobody cleanses sickness, Sprint Burst (seriously?!), loops, loops (see what I did there?), and many more.

Both sides whine and have a rule book. Admit it, and move on.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I rarely see killers using it. Never saw a Plague using it tho

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Killers don't need permission to use NoEd, and nObody is changing their mind about it.

People still look down on people using it.

Not sure what kind of propaganda you've convinced yourself into believing, but its certainly not a delusion shared by anyone else.

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,779
    edited September 2019

It's allowed and bad or newer players will get the greatest use out of it.

Can't knock a new player for using it, probably one of the few perks they have that's actually worth a damn.

Bad players are just that. Whether they are practicing or not. Or just can't get better.

Good players see little to no use of it, simply because they get everyone before the gates are powered, or there is only 1 or maybe 2 left by the time the gates open, it it's almost irrelevant. Plus better killers usually means better survivors, they will get ridda totems.

TBF, only bad and new survivors complain about NOed being OP cause why do totems, where as only bad and new killers use NOed because of lack of skill.

At any rate, it's a perk, people can use it if they want to or not.

Also The Doctor recommends the totem cleansing treatment, has a 100% success rate of a NOedless game if all 5 are done. Nurse approves.