Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

Gen Times Are Fine

123457»

Comments

• SkaraokSkaraok Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2019

Imagine believing that not being able to infinitely run a killer around an unsafe pallet or LT wall is having an "unfair advantage", Lmfao.

I'm sorry but, if you seriously think that the Entity blocker is an unfair mechanic then you're terrible at survivor. Looping is so ######### braindead easy once you figure out how to do it consistently that you'd have to have barely any playtime in this game to make such an absurd claim.

Actually, I'm being disingenuous. You don't even have to loop these days. Just camp the pallet while your team does gens and you win. GG EZ.

• CaretakerCaretaker Member Posts: 764
    edited September 2019

One, this was a single bad game that highlighted the issues with gen times, map design, etc. Two, a 3 gen has to be defensible. This wasn't. There was plenty of distance, and pallets near that I couldn't reliably 3 gen them. Let me guess, you heal against Legion and so do your teammates? If so, then you're not very good at facing Legions. If you want I'll post my 4ks and quad iris at rank 1.

Post edited by Caretaker on
    edited September 2019

What a riveting response. 10/10, never seen someone call themselves an idiot in a more poetic manner. Sorry you're having a bad day bro. <3 Here, I'll give you a vote up so you can get a boost, hope your day gets better.

Post edited by Caretaker on
  • PickCollinsPickCollins Member Posts: 495

Okay lemme crack my knuckles.

"you're talking [BAD WORD] to the creator of the wiki. They're a lot more relevant than a hivemind survivor main who can't play without their generic meta perks."

Main Nurse but thank you for assuming I'm just a Survivior main. And the only meta perk I run is DS bc I'm sick of tunneling fuckheads ruining my fun. Moving forward.

"Decisive wasn't even nerfed, it was buffed, twice"

It was reworked to give counterplay. Merited or no, that's a nerf. It was then buffed bc the reworked version was so ######### trash that even TYDE THYME admitted it was bad. You hear that? The guy who wants every killer to be Nurse tier thought the hot off the rework Decisive strike was actual trash. THATS saying a lot. Also...

"you somehow think Mettle was balanced, "

Where did I say this? I was first on the train of "MoM is OP".

"by your logic simply by using the unsafe structure they deserved to be hit, and downed."

Unsafe does not mean unwinnable. It means it's winnable for both sides. You can mindgame unsafe windows without the entity blocker. For safe windows like coal tower and ironworks there's a reason it's there and it needs to stay there. On TL walls and similar runs, there's no reason for it to exist there. The TL wall being mindgameable makes it unsafe, not the entity blocker. If the killer can't mindgame a TL wall in 3 runs through, the Survivior should still get to run them through it bc it's not a safe loop and the Survivior is playing well by outsmarting the killer.

"Borrowed Time got buffed multiple times, and can be a free win end-game which is why people have issues with it. Also, makes saves totally safe if you choose to just bumrush the hook. You made a really bad play, but now the killer gets punished for it cuz it's unfair the survivor was bad? Where's the logic there?"

The logic is that you shouldn't be near the hook for it to trigger and if you are, then ur doing what Borrowed time was designed to counter. And at the endgame a hook bumrush only works if there's 2 or more Surviviors, so you were probably gonna at best tie anyways. And if all 4 Surviviors make it to endgame, you ######### up down the road and BT is not the reason you lost.

"I made a misplay but one chase = 3 gens is stupid,"

People on this forum, including myself, have given you a cornucopia of solutions and reasons why you lost 3 gens in one chase. You refuse to accept that you deserved that to happen and you refuse to take ANY of the advice we have given you. Whether it's bc you don't see the potential in the perk like CI or TT, or bc ur virtue signalling against it like Ruin.

" You literally insulted Doc in your reply then wanna try and act like you didn't do it first? Cute, and at least he was cordial."

Cry more. This entire post is just you whining about why ur bad play got hard punished and you've been trying to bash anyone who gives you legit advice. I told you that Ruin is a good perk and you went on some tangent about how I'm some metaslave bc I choose to run it.

U stand for nothing dude. Stop talking bc ur being an embarrassment to good killer players who don't ######### that they lost and take the opportunity to get better.

• PatchNoirPatchNoir Member Posts: 450

People like me use basement build to generate pressure because of that, gen time are fine at lowe ranks but when you take rank 8 less survivors you are destroyed, and ruin cant hold it.

Make gen speed different by ranking? like balancing gen time based on all the survivors ranks maybe can fix that

• PatchNoirPatchNoir Member Posts: 450

All you can do is use their altruism against them, put everyone in a certain area of the map,and break all the pallets there, you will get 4k with one gen left.

There mainly just needs to be a fun secondary objective that is mandatory to slow down the beginning of the game. Which is where a killer is weakest. End game is arguably the second worst time especially if not running NOED cuz you're just on an timer that's quickly draining the whole time.

You're 100% on the second post though. You basically have to snowball off over-altruism to really keep pressure up through constant hooking to keep them busy. Even then a single survivor can and will burn through some generators. I've had it happen. I was cycling and just re-hooking two, and the third survivor used that time to do gens on the other side of the map. Smart player.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Just make it 6 gens until we find a proper solution for a second objective

• NephsNephs Member Posts: 21
    edited September 2019

Felt appropriate.

My opinion can be summed up as: OP is right, Ruin worshippers haven't ever actually played good survivors, and this discussion is sadly pointless anyway because the devs will not ever balance the game around this level of play, no matter how much you whine, plea, discuss or what have you.

And as much as it pains to say, its probably for the best, because the majority of the playerbase would not be able to handle it. Frankly, at this point, getting this game "truely balanced" would require a complete overhaul of the game and its core mechanics. It won't happen. My advice is to not take the game too seriously. But I think you all know this.

Post edited by Rizzo90 on
  • DocOctoberDocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

I for once really don't care about that. It is what it is.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 2,047

When Entity Blockers and Bloodlust didn't exist, you would get infinite pallet looped with any killer not Nurse, so idk why you bring those in discussion.

The man mains Nurse, and can't play without Ruin, you can pretty much disregard what he has to say. Anyway, I'm off to bed, y'all have fun with the thread. Gonna go back to other threads. Thanks for those who got the point, and realize the game's really not ok.

• Rizzo90Rizzo90 Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 12,117

Since this thread has become more of a duel than an actual discussion, with people insulting and attacking each other over their different opinion, i decided to lock the thread.

This discussion has been closed.