Give us your opinion! Complete the Players Satisfaction Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbDCSAT
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Was just held hostage for an hour as the survivors did nothing but hide all game.

Comments

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 2,292

Do you also believe it's impossible for a survivor to hide and refuse to participate in the game?

Because we can go in a KYF if you're on PC and you can take no detection perks and we can see how long it takes for you to find me on the same map.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 2,422
    edited October 1

There is a thing called holding the game hostage and it's classed as griefing.

This used to happen a lot but not so much now but both sides can still do it.

Holding the game hostage essentially comes down to one side not doing the objective at all and just sitting in the game refusing to let the other side do anything.

Survivors can do this by constantly changing locker for example around the map and stealthing around not doing the gens.

Killers can do this by having three gens close and refusing to commit to chases or down anyone and staying around just that area not letting it progress.

Both of these have to be done for a prolonged period of time which this 1 hour situation falls under and it's classed as hostage taking as you are not actively playing the game objectives.

Dcing in this instance is actually justified as there was really no other option. Dcing is actually allowed for realnlife issue, bugs and hostage situations. If the OP had a video the players would certainly get a timeout ban.

Now dcing constantly so you reach a certain percentage is what you get banned for as that is normally players just leaving for the sake of it due to being downed, looped or certain actions or items in game.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,469

the game will be over and the killer can move on.

They're going to T-bag regardless. Besides, if you're so bad you can't find survivors after 20 minutes, the killer involved has a real bad case of "Get Gud" anyway.

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 322

Survivors can stay hidden indefinitely if that is their goal. If they are purposely staying away from gens and you don't have Whispers, the killer is going to have a hell of a time. Doesn't mean they need to "Git Gud."

edited October 1

Yes, they do need to get gud. Perks and abilities aside, you still have a pair of eyes and your brain to reason where they might be hiding.

so yes, it's a case of Get gud.

I had some dipshit who thought they could pull that on me when I wouldn't farm. I ended up finding them anyway by a process of elimination.

Bled them out and Pig T-bagged them for that....

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 521

Killers always complain about being a joke and the survivors not being scared of them.

Maybe these survivors were just giving the killers what they want. Being afraid and using stealth instead of looping. Is this not what yall wanted?

(noting sarcasm here because I know it doesn't translate well through text)

An indoor map, that I've barely ever played and therefore don't know at all (was my second time on that map), with dozens upon dozens of lockers they could hide in, with a good chunk of the walls I'm unable to blink through for some reason, and a constant barrage of ambient noises so I can't even hear where they may be, and they were a SWF squad, so they could probably alert their teammates which direction I was going in and hide in advance before they even may get to their location.

Yeah, no. This isn't a case of "git gud".

• RakimSockemRakimSockem Member Posts: 521

Did they tell you they were a SWF or did you assume so?

It's perfectly possible to just type in the pre-game chat with a bunch of randoms "hey, let's play hide and seek from the killer just to mess with them"

You admitted you didn't know the map, that is clearly a case of get gud

Regardless, my original point stands... let the killer have the option of starting the EGC after a certain amount of time has passed.

I mean, I'm just assuming since that's the most likely scenario considering they just hid off the bat.

I don't think most people would think hiding for an entire hour would be entertaining unless it was with buddies.

• ProfessorDunwichProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 322

Process of elimination doesn't work when the survivors, you know, move. The guy you are talking about sounds like an idiot. Also you sound like a prince.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 316

not really because he didn't say he camped any survivor other than the survivor he found after 30 minutes of looking for them, if he admitted to camping that survivor you think he would admit to any others

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,060

This is exactly why I was confused that they made it that killers can only open doors after the gens are complete. Why can't they do it during something like this?

• ForgiveMyEngrishForgiveMyEngrish Member Posts: 18

The mental gymnastics people on these forums pull to justify rulebreaking is ridiculous lmao.

Or is amused by people who think they are being clever and enjoys hunting them down and destroying them anyway.

FFS, I just had 2 people go full dark on me on BLOOD LODGE. With no tracking perks outside of a level 2 BBQ.

I still tracked those fuckers down and sacrificed both of them with no tracking perks other than BBQ... and 40 meters is a lot of ground to hide in when you know the killer has it.

• Ringy01Ringy01 Member Posts: 61

I didn't know people actually did this. Imagine wasting an hour of your life hiding in a game for no logical reason. Sorry this happened OP.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Why should thsi be banned? Sure it's a dick move and annoying buy they're literally surviving.

If bringing slug builds and slugging everyone under a minute is a Dick move but not bannable, then stealthing for an hour shouldn't be either. If you don't like it you can always DC.

People complain about Gen rushing and the. Game being too short, but when survivors stealth and prolong the game it's no good either?

Can't win with this community.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 836

I know you're pain, It was before EGC but a survivor just hid in basement as the last one for 30 mins while I looked in every single locker on the map until I found her, ever since then I've always looked in the basement if I think a survivor is trying too hold it hostage.

• ElkElk Member, Trusted Posts: 1,010

I remembered when i first played. Everytime i heard a heartbeat. I walk to a closet, screaming eternally.

• CarpemortumCarpemortum Member Posts: 2,667

Stealth instead of looping.

Stealth in the mindset of stealthing when the killer is near, and doing work when they leave you.

Not stealthing(hiding hostage) until the killer gives up.

• HeroiqHeroiq Member Posts: 859

and that's one of the reasons why i always take whispers when i see blendettes in my killer lobby.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 3,963

Holding the game hostage is a reportable offense. If you as a team are deliberately not doing any of the gens in favor of making sure you are never found and are not progressing the game in any way, you are holding the game hostage.

• CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 907

It's not a good stealth issue if no gens are being touched, which is what will get them out of the match. If they're intentionally not doing anything but hiding and wasting time, that's inappropriate. Even if they're constantly on the move and evading the killer, no objectives are being completed and it is taking the game hostage, as the killer cannot trigger the End Game Collapse at the 15min or however long timer.

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 316

there is a different between stealthing AND DOING THE OBJECTIVE and just stealthing for an hour and having no intention on doing the objective. BIG DIFFERENCE

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,005

An hour?? Lol

I would have dc’d after 20 mins. Hostage or not I don’t have that kind of time and especially for a game.

• cetruzzocetruzzo Member Posts: 270

Funny how there are no mod answers on this thread

Yeah, you'd think they'd want to convince players that holding people hostage is a bannable offense and to not do it. :/

This discussion has been closed.