Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.3.1 Bugfix Patch drops today. For release times and patch notes, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/201738

Do you think survivor will ever talk in-game (except ash)

The plague is technically the only character to speak in any way mid game and ash is the only survivor who speaks when joining a lobby.

A few things that might be why survivors will never talk are:

1 it would break immersion

2 it could give away the survivors location

3 some people just hate/dislike the idea of a talking survivor

But to counter this:

1 you could make the survivor talk when being hit in which case the killer would have found the survivor anyway

2 you could make a character like ash say groovy upon a successful head on stun

3 it would add to the said survivor's personality

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 11,159

No, but if they do, i hope for a mute button in the lobby. 😋

• SletitrocksSletitrocks Member Posts: 7

Yes, there is the worry that it would just screw with survivors and make the killer hear them when they shouldn't, but I really would like it if there was a very Overwatch-like style of voicelines, like they talk when they do a successful heal based on who you healed. They could easily make it so that it is impossible for the killer to hear what they say, but that would be kind of weird.

I am sure there would be a lot of interesting voicelines they could pre- or even post-game lobby.

• FibijeanFibijean Member Posts: 8,331

I don't think this will ever be implemented, and you only need to look at your OP to see why. The points against adding voice lines are much stronger - they affect atmosphere and gameplay, while the points against are more or less just "but it might be fun".

• bubbascalbubbascal Member Posts: 318

But then they'd have to go and add voice lines for every single Survivor AND Killer. (Or at least, add voice lines for the more vocal Killers, like Plague and maybe Legion in a way)

They'd have to spend money to rehire all of the voice actors (they could save money for Kate because she also voices Female Legion, I think. Two for one deal.) and then program a way of using said lines.

Not to mention that they would have to design and implement how these systems would work. Could they be detected by the Killer and how, etc.

BUT... these could be interesting rewards for, say... The Archives. Which should be coming around SoonTM.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 4,011

Bring calm spirit if you don't want your Survivor to whisper "don't look in this locker" when the killer is near.

• ektoekto Member Posts: 103

I'd actually be totally down for the survivors conversing in the lobby. There's a huge lack of how the survivors interact with one another, and I think it'd be a pretty good way of finally delving into their relationships and personality, we could even see how certain characters react to being in the Fog.