Nintendo Switch™ players: Instability issues prevented us from releasing the mid-chapter update and The Archives. Good news! We are working towards launching the update sometime next week.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Question while launching the game with cheat engine installed

goatkiiegoatkiie Member Posts: 14
edited October 3 in Technical Issues

I have cheat engine installed on my PC, I use it when I play The binding of Isaac (it's allowed)

I don't use it to cheat on any other games. I was wondering, if I launch dbd while cheat engine is just installed on my PC, will I get banned? I'm not going to launch the game until I have a clear answer, better to be safe than sorry.

No rude comments please, thank you for reading!

Post edited by goatkiie on

Comments

• MandyTalkMandyTalk Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 4,197

EAC will not normally allow the game to start when this programme is running and I strongly advise you not to attempt to do so as it could trigger an automatic EAC ban.

• goatkiiegoatkiie Member Posts: 14

Thank you for the reply! So if it's just on my PC and not running I'll be fine?

• Slay___Slay___ Member Posts: 292
    edited October 4

I don't know EAC but VAC instantly bans you if that software is running, even if not hooked to any executables or .dll.

But generally anti-cheat don't ban for having something installed if it isn't running.

I haven't used that software or anything similar to it or received any game bans so these are just my opinions and observations from browsing Steam and game forums for 10+ years.

EDIT: This game doesn't use VAC, just comparing EAC to other anti-cheats.

To anybody reading this in the future; The answer is no. You can run dbd with cheat engine installed and nothing will happen unless you launch it while in game.

• Ninjaarman721Ninjaarman721 Member Posts: 41
    edited October 19

as long as it is not running when you launch DBD,it will not trigger EAC,beware,if you forget to close cheat engine while finishing to play binding of isaac to then play DBD,you will immediately trigger EAC and it will instant ban you;EAC BANS ARE NOT UNBANNABLE BY DEVS.you have the slightest chance of being unbanned by convincing the EAC devs that you truly did not cheat,via the EAC support,if it doesn't work you won't ever be unbanned,you'll have to just buy dbd on a new account

Thank you!

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited October 21

Tears waiting to happen. You will forget at some point that you have it running and you won't be unbanned. I advise you to uninstall it now.