We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

RANK REWARDS confirmed!

justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711
edited October 6 in Media Lounge

Just watch the whole video (timestamp 12:22), very interesting. At one point he kinda confirms that rank rewards are going to come (unless I misunderstood him).

Yaay, finally a reason to rank up to the sweaty red ranks versing tryhard spirits and swf groups. And this might also help to lessen the DCs a tiny bit because rank starts to matters and people actually want to get to rank 1.

Im excited, hopefully the rewards are going to be very good.

Comments

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,904

'Tis a good thing for people who care about ranking up. I mean that seriously. It's about time those players get some sort of reward.

Me? Nah, I'm good. Rank rewards are still not going to make me tryhard in DbD. I made that mistake for almost two years in Overwatch competitive mode. I will never, ever go back to that play style or mentality. It made the game lose all fun factor after a while, and I prefer to play for fun and relax.

So, if you care about rank, I hope we don't random team as survivor. Because we won't be on the same page.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,280

It's going to be so good for the game!

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

I think he said it like that because he wasnt sure if he is allowed to say "yes", take a close look, he is probably looking to someone else to get a confirmation that he is allowed to say something about that. Which means it's coming. That's at least my interpretation of that scene

• BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,003

Is that common during interviews? A representative/lawyer or someone similar who is there specifically to give thumbs up and down on topics off camera?

• Well_Placed_HexTotemWell_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 703

This is BHVR, I look forward to seeing it in 2025.

• DBDbuildsYTDBDbuildsYT Member Posts: 1,042

The problem with dbd is that if you play a lot you end up ranking and that's a big punishment because red ranks are disgusting.

I have both survivor and killer at Red ranks after playing a lot during the blood hunt and now I don't want to play anymore, maybe one mstch per day but that's the maximum I can stand.

Its really bad

• KilmeranKilmeran Member Posts: 1,904

@DBDbuildsYT I've heard that. Keep in mind, I hover around the yellow ranks since I don't play DbD as my main game and get reset to grays each month. It's a side thing for me, so Rank is the least of why and how I play.

In the past, I got to about Rank 12 or so. I figured out on both sides what would make me Pip and double Pip. So, I learned how to farm my BP without doing so.

No way in hell I will rank up in this game. No way.

How do you farm BP with killer without ranking up? if I hook people to get my bbq stacks and let them escape I still end up in green ranks.

I even played "protect my totem" with Legion, where I was simply guarding my ruin totem, hitting people with ff and downing them without hooking them and ended up with a safety pip.

it is really annpying because I am doomed to play killer less and less now that dcing doesn't remove 2 pips.

I cannot wait for rank reset!

• Ark_the_BonsaiArk_the_Bonsai Member Posts: 862

Pretty common. What's more common is for the interviewee to get a copy of the questions to be asked so they can prepare responses before hand. There's still a high chance of having a higher up/legal professional around to help you when you're not entirely certain though.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,258
    edited October 7

Well, emblems are different to BPs. They act differently. The longer a chase is, or the more survivors escape, the more your Chaser emblem will suffer.

Devotion needs 9 hooks to be an iri emblem.

Gatekeeper is out of your hands.

and Malicious suffers from letting them heal.

Easy, ask to farm with the other survivors. At that point, you will be able to get lots of points while just messing around and losing a lot of emblem points. Since they heal, you will get a bad malicious emblem. Gatekeeper will automatically be a bad one for you with this, Chaser will suffer... and Devotion is probably the only one you'll get iri on by farming.

thank you for your help.

I don't necessarily want to farm tbh, I am ok playing a regular game trying not to pip.

It's really annoying, I am in the red ranks with both roles and I am thinking about giving up dbd until rank reset

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It just shows how easy ranking up is. Even when you play bad on purpose, you pip or black pip. That's also the reason why solo Q is so frosting at Red ranks, to many potato survivors.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 2,258

That's probably for the best. It's what I do if I get to red ranks and against bad survivors (I'm not putting myself through solo survivor to get to red).