We are aware of an issue where the Trapper's Ornate Mask is not appearing in your items - there is no need to contact Support for this matter, we will hopefully have a resolution to this shortly.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the Withering Blight event is postponed until the release of the mid-chapter 3.3.0. We're working on getting the update ready as soon as possible and will keep you posted.
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

NAT Type Error (Ps4)

Ever since the Stranger Thing's patch, I have been getting a NAT Type Error. It says I need to check my NAT Type because I am unable to connect to the host or something like that.

I live in an apartment complex where I do not have access to my router. Besides, we have to connect to the server provided by the ISP. I have called my ISP several times and we have opened the ports to PSN. As I tested Dead by Daylight, the Tech (also a Ps4 Console owner who's had NAT Type errors prior) from my ISP was monitoring my connection. I got the error which surprised the tech because they saw no interference in the NAT Type (Type 2) and no interference with the ports (they are opened and not blocked by the firewall). Both the Tech personnel and I have no idea to why I am receiving this issue. I can play any other online games just fine without a NAT Type error. It's just Dead by Daylight that I can't play.

Note: Again, since I am not able to access my router physically and through IP address, I have contacted my ISP to make sure the ports are open for PSN. However, I have checked a few discussions here and see that some recommend NAT Type 1, but I've never needed to change my NAT Type to play this game. Also, it would conflict even more.

I feel like this is a Dead by Daylight server issue, that it's on their end.

PLEASE help. I love this game and enjoy playing it with my friends. But I can't even connect to a playable game. I can connect to a party in Dead by Daylight, but I constantly get an error as we are loading to a lobby and I am the only one disconnected from the lobby!

Tagged:

Answers

• TheLaughingWilleTheLaughingWille Member Posts: 1

Having the exact same issue but I am on PC. So this is definitely an issue with the game itself.

Guess no D&D tonight...

• Moudy23Moudy23 Member Posts: 1

I have the same problem on ps4

• KookieprimeKookieprime Member Posts: 6
    edited October 6

Yeah, I have no idea why. Besides, my apartment's ISP's policy does not allow changing the NAT Type to Type 1 because of its lack of security.

• somesomasomesoma Member Posts: 7

Came here to say this. Glad I'm not the only one. The number of matches I'm actually about to connect to is much lower than the number of times I get this error. It's practically unplayable at this point.

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 517

Right now we're being told to tell folks to use NAT 1 while they look into the issue.

And no, it's not a severe security issue. I pretty much turn off all firewalls on my router and then use custom stuff on my PC's. Don't even worry about it on consoles since they're closed systems and a nightmare to hack anyways.

Interesting, I hear otherwise but I don't really care cause it would take a hacker some effort and time and I'm a broke grad student lol. But, I can't change my NAT Type to Type 1. My ISP has a policy that does not allow residents to do so because their routers might be put at risk of viruses (what they told me). I have Korcett Internet, it's pretty much like college dorm internet so it's free 50.0 mbps. I'll just wait till Dead by Daylight figures out the issue.

• joeyroujoeyrou Member Posts: 9

if you cant change the nat type use proton vpn

• ApackawolvesApackawolves Member Posts: 29

I’m getting the same issue every game, or every other game. It gives me the error an then it puts me into an infinite que that I cannot back out of, so I’m constantly having the restart the game. But, killer works just fine. I play on ps4 btw.

Killer works better for me, but still gives me the NAT Type error (unable to connect to host). And I cannot get VPN, from what I've read it can be easy to hack which can link to my IP address which mean's I violate my ISP policy and they can take legal actions against me since I'm using the free internet provided by them. I can wait for Dead by Daylight to figure out the issue. If only I could afford my own ISP. (free 50mbps is pretty nice haha).

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 517

VPN's can only be hacked if you decide to use one of the free ones.

Paid-for ones are usually pretty good.

• SnapshotSnapshot Member Posts: 615

@KhaineGB when you have IPv6, you don't even have a NAT ;) so yes no security flaw here

Thank you Delina, I feel like that very statement was somehow not looked upon or interpreted by others. The very fact that I have to change my NAT Type or get a VPN just to play one game is very troubling. Hopefully Dead by Daylight fix the issue soon.