Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

We should expect Billy to get a cooldown on his power as well ?

2»

Comments

• Bludge23Bludge23 Member Posts: 185

I hope so.

• RivynRivyn Member Posts: 1,469

So did base Nurse, but that didn't stop survivors from crying to mommy devs.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

I would say no cause then they would have to give one to leather face and he is a dumpster fire as is

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,862

*already has a cooldown that also prevents normal attacks*

ermAgheeerrrrd he needs a longer cooldooooooowwwwwwwnnnn....

Shouldnt you be talking about spirit before targeting hillbilly?

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,945

Did you read my post ? Because I said I wouldn't agree with such change.

• artistartist Member Posts: 1,490

in a chase, she didn't. anyone who believes she did still runs spine chill and hides all game lol. she's still S tier so stop whining

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

Hmmm yes legion counters looping. Sorry I mean deep wounds counters looping. Sorry I mean he littetaly can only vault pallets and Windows a little faster

• ruler33ruler33 Member Posts: 242

No he won't get what your talking about as someone previously said he already has one after all you have to charge your chainsaw and if you miss you have a short animation where you recover so yeah billy already has one. Plus he isn't on the broke tier of nurse.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,391
    edited October 2019

The devs have already stated that billy is their balance point... I can see them reworking his addons but I think his power is going to be staying as is...

edited October 2019

Shouldnt we be targeting the lower tiers to boost variety so there's no complaints about 1 specific character... like if more killers had the same power level that freddy, Billy and spirit have then there would be more of them...

• PolarBearPolarBear Member Posts: 1,896

You don't need to worry about that. They will probably change that since Billy doesn't even have any very rare or ultra-rare add-ons. They'll add those and rework his current add-ons.

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 465

As a survivor main, plz don't ever Nerf billy.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,862

Thats what I think too.

I was being unecessarily sarcastic towards OP because i misinterpreted the thread title and didnt read ^^

Off topic but:

In my opinion

1. Buff the weaker killers to close the gap towards the higher tiers
    2. grant the survivors all that unecessary information buffs they want because swf get those by cheating. Implement the Solo-Cwf buff concepts, be it ping tools, message systems, "current action icons" and maybe show the average emblem score of every other survivor for the last 10 trials to survivors and optionally VC.
    3. Buff the basic killer/game mechanics (and maybe some slight buffs to killer abilitites) to compensate the huge boost in power the survivors got by the hyperbuff of point 2. (by "killer mechanics" i mean gen regression, totems, map size might count too, etc). Inspired by IdV's terror shock, I personally fancy adding a small animationlock-hitstun/mini-slow when hitting survivors that are performing an action)

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 432
    edited October 2019

Devs also said that they wouldn't touch Nurse's base kit, but they lied.

You can't trust anything the devs say anymore about the killer, the killer community shouldn't be like Billy is safe, cause we said the same thing about Base nurse. "Oh the devs won't touch Base Nurse cause she is balanced and really the only thing that can prevent rank 1 swf, and that they would lose a portion of the killer community", and look what happened.

After spirit, mostly likely Billy will be next on the nerf list.

edited October 2019

The team said straight from the beginning that changes were coming to the base kit of nurse horvath said it on stream.....Spirits not on the list atm Doc is next.... theres way too many characters that are in need that prevents them from looking at a character that bhvr just invested a decent amount of resources into just last year, that's the same reason why legion isnt going to be touched for awhile....

Yes this.... give solo the buffs they need..... buff the lower tier and you wont have everyone complaining that "oh Billy OP" or "spirit is op" because there will be variety and players who wanna compete wont feel compelled to play certain killers...

• MrPeterPFLMrPeterPFL Member Posts: 313

Probably something stupid like add a fatigue after every chainsaw attack for "Counter Play"

• Swiftblade131Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 1,465
    edited October 2019

They shouldn't

He is a completely loopable killer. And he already has a cooldown on his chainsaw soo..

Unless you just want to be able to visualize the cooldown?

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 2,207

While possible, I don't see why they would. How often do you see people complain about Billy? He's honestly pretty fair. I feel like he's the most balanced killer in the game. My only complaint is the saw hit boxes are a bit questionable.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,828

Yeah, he is honestly balanced and fun to go against. Just tone down the insta chainsaw addons and he is absolutely fine

• ShrekIsHotShrekIsHot Member Posts: 3,130

Watch as they give Leatherface a timer too.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490

His basepower needs a buff... spirit’s base power is fine but some add-ons aren’t (they make her a lot more powerful faster)... nurse needed a basepower tweak (but successful hits should be unaffected).

Syringe instaheal has been overnerfed too.

DBD devs overnerf the skill-gap of stuff and don’t tell me getting value from a syringe was easy... I only pulled it off maybe one in 20 syringes. The killer basically had to slug.

Flashlights have been overnerfed also.

I can see the devs killing iri hatchets and alsorts later on. Ultra-rare has lost it’s title.

This is why i moved on to R6S even as a controller player... the skill-cap of utility is majorly higher (you can do several different things with them to get value).

Take a really weak piece of utility on R6S:

Ela’s Grizmot mines (they concuss/disorientate the enemy by making them move a tad slower, they can’t sprint during this and there’s a loud bang but do no damage)...

Her mines can be thrown pretty much like grenades (which can also be shot), they can be set up as AoE traps, they can be used to deny a defuser plant if well timed and they’re incredibly useful for killing Montagne (an operator with a tower shield who can’t be shot if his back is in a corner and needs 1 enemy to punch him and the other to shoot where an opening gets created - the mine makes him drop his shield quickly giving the opportunity to shoot him).

That’s just a lower piece of utility, a more complex (maybe has the most interactions atm):

Finka boost: gives herself and teammates +20hp for a short duration, decreases the teams ADS time and decreases the recoil. Also faster reload time.

Against pulse (with a heartbeat scanner), the range of his scanner is increased against enemies that are Finka boosted.

Yokai drones and concussions (Ela’s Grizmot mines and Zofia’s concussion launched grenades) - Can cancel out the finka boost... but if affected by these previous - Finka boosting can cancel their effect.

Lesion traps - if they hit someone finka boosted they cancel out the effect.

Finka can’t use her ability in range of a mute jammer.

Smoke’s gas deals twice the damage to enemies that are finka boosted.

Finka boost also removes any disorientation effects from breach charges/impact grenades

Finka boost can pick up downed but not out teammates but left with 5hp (which can counter caveria)

I can’t remember exactly but Finka boost might also counter flash grenades (need to check this - I looked it up and yeah it says 50% less effect).

Movement is increased through barbed wire.

Think I made my point but yeah - it’s like if stuff could be used for multiple things in DBD it’s seen as “toxic” and it just makes the game unplayable while this is still the mentality. It’s great that you can use things for multiple purposes imo.

• dont_ask_me_againdont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited October 2019

Oh yeah and Nurse’s ultra rare for 3 blink should have the downside removed... if it’s ultra rare it’s fine but the kinda issue with that is that the devs made a common into this add-on so everyone has hundreds of it... they just need to resort from a previous higher tier.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 2,561

If you mean jump scare Myers he moves slower. Tier 2 Myerseven with MA and rabbit has terror. So tell him I said Hello back I guess?

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 2,741

Incorrect. Myers T2 has a 16 meter terror radius. M&A reduces the TR by 8 meters. So does the rabbit. 8+8=16.