Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

DON'T CHANGE NURSE

Don't change nurse, it's how she's been for years... she's meant to be S tier because of her power and her learning curve.

They should be nerfing spirit let alone nurse.. everyone plays spirit cuz she [B]roken af

Comments

• KsoniKsoni Member Posts: 607

Too late i guess.

• JuicyGumJuicyGum Member Posts: 12

Ya i guess so, survivors just cry about how OP Nurse is, when she's only OP when people mastered her?! Devs probably wont listen and fully release it even if no one wants these changes. Imagine making a horror game but it's not even scary.

• KaikenenureKaikenenure Member Posts: 7

changing the nurse like this just makes nurse boring, played once on these horrible dedicated servers, and the chargeup on blinks is just ridiculous and downright bad

nurse was always the hard killer to learn, the addons needed a change yes, but the base nurse was fine, the bad nurses lost, and the good nurses that learned the blinks

i've got about 1,7k hours on nurse, played her since late 2016, and this change is the worst i've come across in all of these years

• RotisonRotison Member Posts: 24
    edited October 2019

😂

Here he come, the reddit gamers. Come on, its only 3 seconds AND you have the 1st charge right when the fattigue ends.

This is only a punishment for BAD nurses who can land a hit and need constantly keep blinking. Its perfect now, if you are that good you dont even bother about the 3 seconds.

And i am a killer main who liked nurse a lot in the past but stop playing it because she was boring as [BAD WORD], you didnt get penalized from your mistakes and that was the boring part...

PLUS: The add-ons are so fun to use now, you can do a lot of cool things with her

• KsoniKsoni Member Posts: 607
    edited October 2019

Every horror game isn't scary anymore if you play it for at least 50 hours.

Ya same, I played one game of Nurse on the dedicated servers.. I did SO bad since nothing was synced and I was being rubber banned while in my blink.. please don't change her powers.. only her addons

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

CHANGE NURSE

refuted

• WilliamzWilliamz Member Posts: 143
    edited October 2019

The skill curve isn't as high as most people want to believe it is for the nurse. The Spirit will also be nerfed if they continue on this balancing phase they are doing.

A nerf was always needed. The real question is why has it taken so long for them to change her the past couple of years. I presume it wasn't financially beneficial at the time to work on changing her addons as this must of taken a couple of months of testing when they could of been working on new content. However, I'm glad they have decided to revisit some killers and I would expect changes for Spirit and Hill Billy in the future if they continue with this balancing phase.

As it stands, Nurse is still a strong killer and isn't as ridiculous as she use to be with the old addons. These are good changes for the health of the game. Well done, BHVR.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 100

Nurse is horrible with this nerf, please leave her with her base power the way it always was, just change the add-ons but never change her default power this would be too horrible.

Facts, just keep her power the same and change the addons, not too hard to understand BHVR, They only listen to the crybaby survivors that come across an experienced Nurse 1/100 times..

I fully agree with you ! Survivor is all a bunch of whiner who won't accept losing.

• potoloverpotolover Member Posts: 6

I agree.

Dedicated server is too laggy for KILLERs, I think This means that nerf nurse.

So The nurse don't need chenge her base kit.

Please don't kill KILLERs anymore......

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

Couldnt agree more, spirit is strong(op) but everyone plays her because shes EASY to do well with and EASY to learn. But no!! nerf the killer that takes time to learn to do well with.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065

"She's only OP when you master her". I think we found the reason they nerfed her? OP is OP, regardless if you've "mastered" her or not.

That said, from what I saw of True play, she plays EXACTLY the same, with maybe having to wait one second before a double blink. Then again, he may have been using a blink time reduction(though he said he was using a range addon so that eliminates one blink time reduction at least). That said, Nurse needing addons is not a bad thing. It just brings her in line with other killers who need addons.

The only people I could see complaining about Nurse as she is with these changes are people who want omegablink back, or people who couldn't do well with her with just 2 blinks, as again, she seems to work almost exactly the same as before, but has more useful addons for her with the downside of her addons no longer being OP.

leave the base power as it always was please

Not all killers should need addons to have their best brought out, but with this nurse nerf, you wont be able to play nurse at all without addons...

• SaitamfedSaitamfed Member Posts: 1,219
    edited October 2019

Hmm even if you didn't master Nurse you can still achieve a good amount of kills. I am bad with Nurse but used the omegablink and no one escaped. So stop saying, "her learning curve" that and besides, being hard to master doesn't mean she is fair to play against. I think the rework is maybe a bit too much but it can work.

Post edited by Saitamfed on
  • copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,253

You clearly don't play Nurse regularly. Her flow is completely ruined by cooldowns and so is her map pressure. Survivors just run in a straight line to juke Nurse now, that is the least skillful interaction we could have for a power, even less so than literally doing nothing with Plague and powering through it(which should change too).

Also her addons are all over the place. A few are useful just like before, and most are useless same as before. They sound good on paper but are horrible in practice. She doesn't need 3 addons that make her power worse and turn her into an m1 killer (why am I playing Nurse if I wanted to walk around and m1?) and an ultra rare that literally takes the usefulness out of her power in exchange for an extra blink that will make her walk for even longer before being able to use it.

The synergy that her kit had is gone, replaced with clunky cooldown integration.

@Saitamfed It's hard to master optimal survivor gameplay yet there is almost no counter to it, and that is amplified by SWF. Why is the one killer who was a potato unless the player was very skilled with her and the only real answer to toxic SWF squads needing a nerf when it only affected a small percent of the community? If 5% of survivors being so toxic and unbeatable isn't a problem then neither is <10% of killers being skilled Nurses who you CAN still counterplay (imagine not just running around pallets and L-walls for 5 minutes)

• DaGreenBoltDaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Lol u need omega blink nurse to win thou, imagine doing that without any add ons, you either would have struggled or at best gotten a 2k.

You just proved that add ons are the problem, not the base kit of nurse.

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited October 2019

I disagree. Most times I see a Nurse playing, they are not using their blinks immediately after fatigue. They may charge them, but they don't use them immediately after and sometimes cancel them. You get 3.5 seconds before you can use 2 blinks. It's not the end of the world.

And yes, all killers need addons to have their BEST brought out, because their addons increase their power significantly. This is true for every killer, even current Nurse. That said, no killer should get 4ks in most games even without addons.

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

Base kit doesnt and really cant be touched, overpowered/unbalanced addons is understandable and healthy for the game.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,253

It wouldn't be so bad if you could slowly gain the 2nd blink while charging the first one. But right now it's so janky and clunky she doesn't feel fun or rewarding to play with the "slight" rework.

• DoktdDoktd Member Posts: 10

if the devs changes the nurse to say goodbye to the nurse is a killer that can be stored in the drawer which wasted

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,208

I guess that learning curve that only takes 50 hours to get past justifies having a OP killer *shrug*

Rank means nothing. You can have a good survivor that plays at rank 12 and matches with rank 1 survivors who end losing in less than two minutes. The same applies for killers.