Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

The Fall Of The Nurse

I have been a strong developed Nurse main for a long time. I did not originate from old school PC-DBD, i started on console DBD (Close to Day 1). But i followed PC DBD for a long time before it reached Console (YouTube). I started with The Wraith as my first killer and i suffered at Rank 1 with Double Pallets and The Dreaded Vacuum. I bounced around other killers a while later such as The Hillbilly. But after watching how The Nurse was properly played at a devastating level. As a console player i thought why not give The Nurse a real solid try, i spent hours on end in a KYF with a friend breaking my ankles till i got very consistent and then took it to public, i admit i did get destroyed time to time but the losses and mistakes would fortune from learning, and i did succeed as a console Nurse main. The only thing that held me back with being Controller Console Nurse was the (Look sensitivity lock) so i could not spin around fast to get hits, this resulted in being more skilled in predictions towards survivors. After a while i saved up some money and brought a gaming PC setup from a friend and joined PC DBD, (couple weeks before the 3 year anniversary). I have Non-stop loved playing The Nurse since i joined. I rarely used ad-dons as i knew she did not rely on them, all you need was the skill with blink placement and the prediction of survivor movements. With regret, this possible change to her base-kit (I don't care about the add-ons), is going to greatly hinder the possible potential that The Nurse can go, so i unfortunately won't be playing The Nurse as much as i used to if this Nerf goes through to the live version. Congrats Survivor Main Community, you got the Best killer hit with The Nerf Hammer...Again. I feel this game is going to die very fast, and will end up just like Friday The 13th, A once awesome game now under the ground with the rest. No More Hope from Me.

A kind note to Marth (Marth88). You are right with the balance.

Comments

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 3,703

Lol nice comparison to F13 a game that literally can’t even get content due to the lawsuit.

That game became stale but for a very different reason.

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 595

They killed Nurse, didn’t even give her a walking speed buff or anything just nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf

• ItsYourBoyGuzmaItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 799

Nurse is literally the same .

STOP.

FUCKING

CRYING.

put on both addons to recover from your fatigue its like 4 secs and and can reblink.

Played the PTB all day and VS multiple nurses and one nurse main like 4 times.

Nurse won majority of the matches.

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 3,200

Damn. These overreactions. Survivor mains won once again? It's like killer mains only remember the Legion rework and nothing else. Freddy rework? The multiple Spirit buffs that helped her become ridiculously strong? I doubt this game will die just because the killers that can 4k almost every game get some small nerfs. Especially when you consider that map reworks are also on the way, that will help loopable killers to be more lethal in chases and help all killers apply more map pressure if the maps have their size reduced.

I think you should try her some more before coming to that conslusion. 3 second charge time isn't that bad, all it does is give survivors a bit more time to break LOS to have some counterplay. But her blinks are as strong as they have ever been.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 100

leave the base power as it always was please

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

Base power must remain the same, nerf the stacking range and 5 blinks.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,253

Playing against Nurse and playing AS Nurse are very different. On live she has a flow that her blinks facilitate. She can move, attack, and mind game all with the same simple power. It rewards well timed and accurate blinks while punishing bad reads and failed blinks.

This new change punishes good hits and double punishes bad reads. It can be very hard to re-catch a survivor who is just running in a straight line and running around a corner occasionally. Now you have to keep hold of your blinks or you wasted them when you can't get to the survivor, and you get punished if you don't use them because you are so slow. There is no flow, just spasmatic bouts where you use your power. It doesn't feel strategic or thought-inducing, just frustrating when I thought I had 2 blinks up but I had 0.5 seconds left on the 2nd and now I'm 3 blinks behind the survivor and no idea where they are running.