Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Nurse Balance Changes

After properly checking everything and trying it in game and whatever i can assure you guys that the new nurse just fell from the 1st place to the last.

Not only she is the slowest killer in the game, also slower than running survivors, now she is totally useless. The recharge time on the blinks totally makes her fall from S tier to the lowest tier. Now she doesn't only need skill to be played, but also luck... the luck of never finding a SWF or a professional survivor because in either of these 2 cases, she is gonna be dominated and destroyed.

I'm TOTALLY (and i repeat, TOTALLY) fine with the changes on the add-ons, Omega Blink and 5 Blinks were just too much, now 3 blinks has a down-side and makes people have to learn to use 2 blinks properly, or else they would lose the ability to go through walls. The other add-ons seem fine, some actually look really fun to use and i would actually start using some of them sometimes.

Now, returning to the main problem about the base kit. The base kit with those changes in the PTB is HORRIBLE, as i said earlier, she is slower than a running survivor and by the time you get out of fatigue and also by the time you regain the 2 blink charges (for a total of 6 seconds, maybe even more) the survivor you were chasing is already nowhere to be seen, expecially if that survivor is running Sprint Burst or any other Exhaustion perk that makes you run pretty fast.

My opinion is again that the changes to the add-ons are totally fine, but the base kit has to remain untouched. Nurse has to stay Skill-Based, not Luck-Based.

Comments

• Atrushan88Atrushan88 Member Posts: 2,065
    edited October 2019

Watched True play Nurse on PTB, his blinks were up by the time he was out of fatigue and at most he only had one recharge addon. Also, btw, they start at the beginning of your fatigue. Nurse with 2 blinks(if unchanged) has a 2.5 second fatigue, so you have one blink up by the time you get out pretty much without addons. That is 3.5 seconds, not 6.

• XfulminexXfulminex Member Posts: 26

She is a killer that is mostly played without add-ons, she doesn't have to rely on Charging speed add-ons, or you basically destroy her main purpose.

edited October 2019

That was the point of these changes? To remove her ability to completely obliterate teams addonless, unlike every other killer. No killer should 4k nearly every game addonless.

• XfulminexXfulminex Member Posts: 26

Be honest, how many nurses that actually played really good enough to destroy a SWF did you find while playing? because when i play with my friends in SWF i almost never find nurses. She is not even the most played killer.

Also, a good Hillbilly can easily destroy any team Early Game add-onless without any problem. Well, actually any killer can, i did it many times with Legion and Wraith for example so i don't see why nurse should be nerfed for a stupid thing such as that.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 100

leave the base power as it always was, just change the add-ons.

• MacmillanMacmillan Member Posts: 100

leave the base power as it always was, just change the add-ons !!!

• DeadeyeDeadeye Member Posts: 3,053

@Xfulminex No Addon Nurse? that was pre PTB nurse, the new addons don't mess up the entire mechanic, it will change with tehse changes. And I like how you judge and predict about a killer change within one day. Did you learn her in one day as well? Maybe you need to adapt first. As said before, it is 0.5 seconds to wait after the fatigue to regain one blink. So maybe the playstyle change needed is to approach more often with one blink, before you try the hit with a double blink. Just one idea.

And if you manage "easy" 4k with any killer, that is probably depending on the team you play against. I faced several nurses that knew how to 1-blink prediction hit through walls, mind game with charging or waiting to hit and stuff. The only thing you really can do against nurses is to break line of sight and this even, as said above, is not working against really good nurses. The short delay now actually gives you "a bit" of time to get some cover.

I agree that this change makes it even harder for new nurses to deal with her, but she is pulled away from OP. And definitely not to E-tier. That is just a frustrated quick-shot

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

PLEASE DONT TOUCH THE BASE KIT DEVS! IT MAKES HER FEEL TOTALLY DIFFERENT AND IT RUINS THE GAME FOR ME AND ANYONE ELSE WHO LOVES PLAYING NURSE.

OMEGA BLINK AND ANYMORE THAN 3 BLINKS CAN GO BUT NOT BASE KIT, WE BEG OF YOU.

FOR THE PERSON ABOVE ME TRU3 ALSO SHOWED IF YOU MISS A BLINK THE SURVIVOR CAN LOSE THE NURSE BY LITERALLY RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE AND CANNOT CATCH UP.

YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE? I PLAYED NERFED NURSE LAST NIGHT AND WAS DISGUSTED, ON ONE OF THE FARM MAPS, MISSED ONE BLINK CLAUDETTE VAULTED INTO THE MAIN BUILDING AND THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO TO CONTINUE THE CHASE, YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE I HAD TO WAIT FOR A COOLDOWN, THAT WAS A BAD FEELING...A HORRIBLE ONE.

I'm not in red ranks, currently purple, and I'm on PS4, we don't see that many Nurses on PS4. I have seen videos of both PS4 Nurses and PC Nurses though. Many 5 gen 4ks. Puppers has also mentioned there was NOTHING you could do against a pro Nurse even addonless, as he had seen a less than one minute 4k, and most could end the game around a minute or two.