Home Dead by Daylight Forums PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback

Why is everyone freaking out about base kit change?

I literally have no clue as to why people are freaking out about the base kit change for Nurse. I'm a killer main and I think there's nothing unreasonable about it.

So from my understanding, the Nurse can now have 2 blinks at any given moment, and a blink charge takes 3 seconds to recharge after use. What's the big deal? If fatigue lasts for 2.5 seconds and the blink recharges in 3, you can't blink for another half second. Someone explain how this is unreasonable.

Comments

• empathempath Member Posts: 35

Base power must remain the same, they can nerf the stacking range add ons, and 5 blinks.

• gantesgantes Member Posts: 1,611

It's not unreasonable, people just don't like the idea of having to play well to win

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 2,318
    edited October 2019

I have made numerous posts with much greater detail if you would like to look at them, but the short of it is:

Her addons are the same as before, some are good most are bad and literally 4 of them are detrimental to her power and turn her into an m1 killer (I would play an m1 killer if I wanted to do that)

Her map pressure is way less now because you have to wait 4 seconds inbetween double blinks

Blinks feel punishing no matter if you hit or miss. The time to re-engage and find survivors is drastically higher when they're actually capable of doing more than pallet looping.

Getting ready to double blink only to be short changed by a sliver of cooldown left feels EXTRA punishing

Failed blinks from terrain or bad programming or whatever are double punishing now

etc... It feels BAD to play Nurse. Everything is a negative and you have to hold your power when you should be using it. Live Nurse feels fun and rewarding if you can master her playstyle.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 5,069

I don't like it because she's already difficult to play on PS4 and this adds another mechanic to her. It's kinda fun to play as her, sometimes, but it takes a lot of work. I think this change is gonna push it into the not-fun territory; it's just gonna be too much on top of what's already there.

The fatigue and her ear-splitting shrieking and her can't-hear-anything-over-it-breathing and the frame rate issues and the low sensitivity and now a cool down, too? Playing a game should be fun, and she was already nearly unplayable at times.

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 2,366
    edited October 2019

.5 seconds for the FIRST blink. The SECOND is another 3 seconds.

She is slower than survivors and still relies on her blink for just "normal movement".

Some people express valid concerns that she might become unable to catch up to survivors simply running in a straight line. Well unless the cd-cooldowns are used... but its ceoncerning if a killer becomes dependant on a single addon, wasnt legion a similiar case?

Edit: the nurse apparantly appears ~0.3 seconds earlier now, i think that means survivors now might be able to react to her before she actually finishes blinking. But info on this is rather vague on "how much" easier it is now to react to her.

Also the ptb has a bug that starts her blinks recharge during weapon recovery, not as intended when fatigue starts. This is a rather huge difference.

And some of the addons are bad... 2 speed limiters lol.