Home Discussions General Discussions

Bring back smacking on hooks!

Why can't we as killers smack people on hooks anymore? Not only did it get rid of that awful scream survivors had but it sent a good message. What was the point of even removing it? Give it back.

Comments

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,433

Is this a PTB change or something? 'Cause in my survivor match today a Myers smacked me on the hook repeatedly.

• Captain_SpauldingCaptain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

It merely makes the noise as if you smack a wall. I've tried many times and it's actually a crappy change.

• SairekSairek Member Posts: 4,957

Why?

The inability to hide survivors on the hooks is good. Now when someone is making a save right in front of me, I can't hit through them and hit the invulnerable survivor by accident even though I'm directly behind the survivor who's making the save.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

It's a lose lose honestly. As killer you can't Really payback to a toxic teabaggers and as survivor u can't bait hits anymore on a camping killer to unhook because the cooldown is shorter which allows to grab.

@Peanits rethink this design choice, it should be reverted.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,464
  • PulsarPulsar Member Posts: 3,063

It's toxic when they t-bag, point and use a macro to click so fast the game crashes. Oh, and, it is pretty cool to be called racial slurs in the post-match chat when you win.

Stop trying to make this a Killer v Survivor. It's people who aren't toxic versus people that are.

Alright first of all, all you salty ass survivor and killer mains shut the frick up lol. I mainly want it back to get rid of that inhumane scream every survivor has when being hooked. It's also nice when the game is over and it's the last person and there is literally nothing else to do. I like when certain killers wipe their weapon, such as Myers. It feels satisfying. Everyone in this god forsaken game is toxic. Everyone. Shut. Up. Jesus I hate you people the most.

• If I had I dollar for each time I hit a hooked survivor instead of the guy who I’m chasing And is literally right in front of me, I’d be able to buy a small pc and I have only been playing this game for a month.

• blue4zionblue4zion Member Posts: 1,438
    edited October 2019

So, I dunno about this. Multiple times it's seemed they removed it, re added it, removed it, readded it etc.

I think it's there, but it's inconsistent. Maybe it depends on the hook placement?

I often smack a survivor as soon as hook them to either stop a scream or tell a player no for making bad plays that hurt their team. (normally if they unhook right in front of me) It's like sometimes it just keeps hitting a wall, and sometimes it connects with the survivor.

Every game I've played in the past couple of days I can't hit them to get rid of the awful scream. I agree as well with telling them no. I usually smack then shake my head and walk away.

• JetTheWaffleCatJetTheWaffleCat Member Posts: 251

I want to keep it for solely for making unhook plays when I have to make a drive by save while being chased.

I fake the unhook, killer hits the person on hook, gets in the attack cooldown and I save them. You can't really do those types of mindgames anymore if they remove hook smacking.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

Maybe you caught someone with Calm Spirit.

No, I've done it multiple times to every survivor to make sure. Even in endgame screen no one had calm spirit. It makes the noise as if I smacked a cement wall and bounces off.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Activate your brain sherlock! It's a buff for camping! Its in your own interest as survivor that hook smacking comes back.

• PrincessPoopPrincessPoop Member Posts: 902

If this is true, then goodbye fake hook rescue tech.... :(

• GrimbergothGrimbergoth Member Posts: 293

I can see it like that , but its also a nerf to toxic swf groups (not all swf are toxic) . But you wouldn't believe how many games ive had recently that as I get close to a hook I get one trying to body block and then hook to turn around and see 2 or even all 3 survivor just waiting to unhook and I mean in hit range of me and all I have done is turn around . So for this style of play its a nerf , but yes sadly it seems like a buff for campers as well .

Unfortunatly in the past its been said many many times , this game wasn't designed with the communication levels that swf have in mind . Because of that it doesn't matter what the devs do its going to impact one group or another . I say group because its not just survivor and killer , its swf communication , those survivors without communication , and killer . and this is why balancing this game is so difficult . They should just add voice coms to the game for all playing survivor and then balance around that , then we are back to two groups , survivor and killer .

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,116

Fueling toxicity with toxicity is kind of a moot point isn't it?

Besides, its more fun to just be nice and act un-phased to it. Cause than it doesn't generate a reaction which is exactly what they're looking for...

• Zombi37Zombi37 Member Posts: 14

Snacking or thudding is a douche move PERIOD!!! If u cnt handle the screaming. Dnt be killer SIMPLE...cuz idk bout u. Being a killer u would think. Hearing the screaming would fuel ur evil desire. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤔🤔

Face camping is being lazy. I'm survivor main I like a chill game. That gives thrills from getting snuck up behind ect...having this [BAD WORD] attitude. Of I'm gna stand around thud the survivors is taking the point from the game. Ur toxic if u have that type of thinking. Now I'm not gna say all survivors r innocent. But I'm sticking with the topic of the dumbass thudding issues.

• AikanaroAikanaro Member Posts: 310

It promotes toxic behavior, we dont need that.

not caring if you're a main of either side in this discussion. Not even saying I'm camping. Don't come at me with your first post with horrible grammar either. I said I get tired of the [BAD WORD] screams and smack people to get rid of it. If they wanna leave it out though so I can get the unhooker more easily, then so be it.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 709

That's like removing the crouch ability because it might be considered toxic.

The killer caught you after all those teabags, he should be able to smack you a time or two.

• GhosteGhoste Member Posts: 668

If it means I won't accidentally hit the hooked person instead of the person unhooking, then I'm all for it.

Yeah, it's kinda fun smacking hooked survivors, but in the end this is a positive change for killers.