Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

The reason red rank are full of Nurse, Spirit, Billy

2»

Comments

• whammigobambamwhammigobambam Member Posts: 465

Yes, thrill of the hunt on spirit is always one where me and the killer are alone and shrugging our shoulders at one another.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,415

I’ve been regularly playing Plague and I get a lot less hatemail when playing Plague compared to Spirit. Mainly I’ll either get a simple “GG” or something usually nice.

People really just hate Spirit. That’s where a majority of my hatemail comes from :/

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,391

I do agree with you...... I attempt to play demogorgon in red ranks and survivors are nothing but pricks, which drives me to seek out revenge..... ala spirit.... and then ask myself after a very fun match (because survivors actually play like survivors) why would I play any other killer that's not the top 3 or 4?.....

Bhvr needs to close the gap by bringing the lower tier up to the power level that is Billy and spirit..

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,828

In your example, those survivors dc'd because they are salty and can't handle dying.

People dislike spirit because they don't enjoy playing against her. You can't blame people for not enjoying something. They play this game to have fun. I'm not saying dc'ing is a good thing but I get why they do it. When I get like 3 or more spirits in a row, I don't want to play the game anymore and I usually quit playing for a while because I am simply not having fun.

• NekooNekoo Member Posts: 133

It's the fact that you can't do anything with underwhelming killer.

If you do bad, you lose pip ofcuz,

but if you do well, you still doesn't pip, because survivor can't handle defeat and just dc.

As a result, who the [BAD WORD] wants to play them anymore?

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,658
    edited October 2019

You can say Insta heals and keys etc but Insta heals never used to be so highly used until after the healing nerf and keys have seen an increase since the egc.

Way before the above and the Spirit's release it was always said to be just Billy and Nurse.

The reason isn't because one side uses x,y or z it's because people like to use what is considered the best to try and help guarantee the win and especially at red ranks where they may be more competative. This is true for any game.

While I agree that people tends to use what is considered the best, it wouldn't be this bad with the right measure.

my post is giving out the frustration killers has when they step out of that comfort zone.

Why are we getting punish even when we win with low tier killer?

We get t-bag and disrespect for days already, and when we deserve a win we can't even get it?

That gives frustration and drives people to seek out revenge, if that make sense.

I have been playing some low tier killers at rank 1/2 lately, and this happen MORE than 50% of the time when I win, I don't pip because everyone dc,

now, tell me a reason that I should even continue playing them instead of nurse spirit billy?

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,658
    edited October 2019

The choice is yours to play who you wish. It's not about what this or that person does it about how you want to enjoy the game but not playing a killer you enjoy simply due to how some react is cutting down on your own options.

In a game which has many abilities a meta always forms no matter how hard the devs try. Any game which has perks or abilities people strive to push for what makes them stronger and use the build that does.

You can't change a mindset of someone and people will always act like they do in multiplayer games it's been like this since they came about. This is why you have an option to ignore the end game chat.

Killers can BM also which can be viewed as camping, tunnelling, slugging or hitting on the hook. While most of these are legit strats and should be accepted there is no doubt they can ruin the fun experience for a lot of players. Likewise looping, tbagging, gen rushing, certain perks annoy killers but it's all part if the game. T baggers tend to want to enrage you as players can do worse when angry it's a neener neener scenario which most learn as kids to ignore.

So each side has frustrations not just killers so we viewing those as a whole and not as a one sided issue gains us more understanding and allows us to be the bigger person and just enjoy the game no matter what. Overall it's how we handle them that matters the most and seperates us from becoming what we loathe as by letting them get to you and changing it makes us one of them.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

* were able to do *was

She git massively nerfed, because players played her.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 419

In my lengthy experience playing this game I've seen way more people d/c against nurse and Spirit than...wraith.

I've actually seen more people teabag 3-blink/omega blink nurse and prayer bead spirit than I've ever seen teabag other killers, just to taunt them for playing on easy mode, I guess. Just my experience.

If you are getting d/c's in 50 percent of your games, I really don't know what to tell you. I think I've had maybe one person disconnect in one of my games in the past 2-3 weeks..and I've played a lot of games in that time.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,001

"If you want to play your unfun broken killer expect survivors to DC on you."

This is the problem. They THINK they are broken killers when they really just get outplayed. They only consider it unfun because they lost and couldn't pallet loop them for 5 gens.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,001

I like facing Huntresses as well. Her issue is having insane map dependency. There are quite a few maps where she literally has no chance against anyone half competent.

In fact, I'm getting dc in MORE than 50% of my games,

even though I'm rank 1 already, it hurt me every time seeing that "Brutal Killer",

just because some survivors doesn't accept defeat and the system punish us for it.

TBH I see no reason of even continuing playing these low tier killer.

I have to earn much harder to earn a win, get bully occasionally, and when I win I don't pip cuz of dc

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

Dc punishments need to come since ranks rewards are also coming soon

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,028
    edited October 2019

I found a build that allows Myers to enter Purple ranks. (Yes a Myers Main).

Here's what I use:

•Save The Best For Last

•Dying Light

•Nurses Calling

&

•Spirit Fury

And my offerings depend..

Do they all have toolboxes? If they do use:

•Shroud of Separation

If they don't and only have MedKits or no items at all use:

•Broken Coin

This allows Myers to technically control the match.

[And yes.. This is before his PTB Nerf...]

So it's possible for other killers to rise...

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

Do they all have toolboxes? If they do use:

•Shroud of Separation

That's helping them. Four survivors on four gens with toolboxes. Looking at a bad time.

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,913

The reason red ranks are full of Nurse, Spirit, and Hillbilly is because they are the strongest killers with the best odds of winning. The end.

• GennyFromTheBlockGennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113
    edited October 2019

Honestly, Survivors shouldn't die.

That's where the grief (salt) comes into play.

Even though that is your role to "kill", you are taking away the ability for someone to play.

To be honest, that gameplay is just not going to work. The devs need to rework base gameplay from Survivor objectives to changing the killer as a "punisher" type role.

If the devs don't want to change the gameplay, then every survivor needs basekit tools to counter griefing (unsafe hooks), tunneling, and camping. But they are not doing that for some ungodly reason.

• GennyFromTheBlockGennyFromTheBlock Member Posts: 113

Right now, all the Survivors can do against a Killer is loop or attempt stealth (which is mostly futile as all the aura reading perks and Distortion is very limited and easily dispatched).

On top of only 2 things to evade a Killer, you have to count on your team to unhook you. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, and sometimes they unhook at very bad times.

The Survivors have so much strategy to perform with multiple people, that the stress factor is very high.

Killers only have to count on themselves and their skill. They don't have to hope anyone else on their team knows how to play the game and isn't trolling/griefing.

What bothers me so much about Killah Mainz complaining about looping is that you can and you WILL catch up to a Survivor in a chase. Yeah, the first gens might pop, but you'll be breaking all the pallets. If you are being outplayed with loops, then concede and go after another Survivor. What is the point to give the Survivors the game by chasing someone taunting you with emotes and tbags? So you can come on the forums and cry about "ToXiC sWf! aDd MoRe GeN TiMe!!1!1" ?

• ImmortalReaverImmortalReaver Member Posts: 243

why do your perks look different than mine? I've never seen a turquoise one before.

• Johnny_XManJohnny_XMan Member Posts: 1,951

Why are people in this constant state of thinking that those 3 are the only ones played?

What region are you in? Are you playing with the same people?

I get a variety of killers playing in red ranks. I never ONLY see Billy, Spirit and Nurse.

I guess you living in a very friendly region then.

I play in Canada,

and no I'm not playing with the same people.

My queue time are almost immediate, 10sec at most,

which means killer is in insane demand in my region, I can even switch to 4~5 different lobbies in 1min.