Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

It’s hard being a leatherface main

2»

Comments

• monstermaster42monstermaster42 Member Posts: 57

You just need to find what areas you are weak in and bring perks that help counter those areas, and then when you feel confident enough without those perks you can run whatever feels best for you, try for corrupt intervention, maybe thrilling tremors, infectious fright, mindbreaker would be amazing on him because i know survivors bully leather at gens so make em pay lol also cruel limits, anything that will help your play style is always a good idea, i like sloppy butcher on him so i can smack people and then chainsaw em down so they have the extra heal time, and Thanatophobia, is always fun to slow the game, i dont like to be down a perk when ruin is broken so i always try for Thanat, but i would recommend Ruin for killers that can play more defensively so leather can have fun with it for sure lol

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Instead of NOED Ruin and you got my LF build. His speed addons give him some anti-loop, like you mentioned.

• palotheaspalotheas Member Posts: 98

Honestly I've used the best chili and speed addons and I could still catch up to survivors and down them if I wasn't back revving. But he still has that problem where if survivors are just staying around strong windows you can't catch them. Maybe in those situations play like hag where you only stay on one side of the map where you defend a few generators amd whittle down the survivors resources.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

LF gets a lot of bad rep but if you can outplay the survivors and play to your strengths he isn't that bad.

• YamaokaYamaoka Member Posts: 2,127

Leatherface is not weak AT ALL unless you don't know how to play him which is often the case based on how many people abuse him to facecamp after struggling to m1 a survivor for minutes.

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

They do that there gonna give his chainsaw a powerbar and charges

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,768
    edited October 2019

See I agree with this. I can get a 4k with LF quite easily without camping or tunneling. I normally play 110 killers so the booted speed means as a 115 I have little trouble dealing with Survivors without his chainsaw.

Also PWYF is the reason I actually started to play with LF and it is unbelievably good in him.

PWYF, Discordance, PGTW, Ruin is my current build anymore for him.

• Boosted_DwightBoosted_Dwight Member, Trusted Posts: 2,607

"His chainsaw now gives survivors deep wounds and he now has a 60 second cooldown. To compensate for this we've given him built in chill add ons."

• UsuiUsui Member Posts: 531

It depends on how you play him. Even at red ranks i've seen them do well. If you just run around thinking you can saw everything in sight you've already lost. It's the same kind of huntresses that try to go for snipes instead of hitting with m1 sometimes. Need to play smart, this game isn't hard.

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,768

TLDR: Play smarter not harder.

XD sorry nvr seen a good example of this like your post.

• SulfonicFaun52SulfonicFaun52 Member Posts: 63

I never camp with any of the killers because I personally think it’s a waste of time. It’s just that I need to work on getting better perks unlocked on him and work on improving my timing on the chainsaw frenzies.

• AbsolutelyAmelAbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 81

Maybe nobody likes him because 99.99 Percent of Leatherfaces facecamp and just ruin the fun. Sometimes when I play him and let a survivor free they thank me for like 15 minutes

Like, this is what Leatherface has become.

• DocSparksDocSparks Member Posts: 14

Play with your food helps

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,698

Honestly Leatherface just needs a straight up rework on all levels, addons and base. Even if you buffed him he would still be a weak killer because his power base is incredibly weak. If I had too buff something, it's movement speed when charging, and too make the charge act like charging with Billy.

Billy's charge mechanic would be a direct nerf for Bubba's chainsaw.

• SaintDenisSlasherSaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

This, he's now the second weakest killer behind legion. My main problem with bubba is that he's really just a slow Billy with an hour long tantrum if he hits something, but still not nearly as useless as legion. I can see why they wanted to rework nurse but i hear doctor is next and that's so lame because he's mid tier, i don't see how he needs work before legion or bubba and it seems to take a really long time to do these sort of things so i don't expect bubba getting a buff anytime soon, despite being a horror icon that deserves to be feared

Doctor? Mid tier? All he's got is tracking making him completely powerless against decent gen jockey survivors who don't even try to hide. His anti-loop doesn't work consistently and using his power literally makes him slower while walking (110% in treatment mode) and even slower than survivors while shocking (82.5% movement speed while shocking) allowing good survivors to loop him into oblivion UNLESS they're bad survivors that stay at the pallet during the stun duration of 2.5 seconds.

Doctor most definitely is not stronger than Bubba no matter how you put it. He's a weaker M1 killer. Other M1 killers can use their ability to end chases quickly. Doctor's ability sort of artificially increases the chase duration because you'll try to shock people to shut down loops just to realize they're vaulting a window WHILE screaming (sometimes).

No, just no. Doctor definitely needs way more love than Bubba. And yes, I've mained Doctor for quite some time back in 2017/2018 so I know what I'm talking about. I used any addon and perk combination, tried any possible strategy etc.

He "seems" strong-ish against immersed (solo) survivors who hide in a locker as soon as your static field pops up but against "normal" survivors or semi ok-ish SWF he's just utter trash.

Bubba ALWAYS has a chance to quickly or even immediately down survivors when played correctly - Doctor has not.

• BunnyTheHuttBunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,698

I disagree. I believe giving it the same charge mechanic would benefit Bubba, as right now, just holding it is usually detrimental since it's so easy too mind game him with his current chainsaw.

• SaintDenisSlasherSaintDenisSlasher Member Posts: 227

I mean you basically agreed with me by explaining indepth Doc's power and how its unique and useful but not the strongest and unreliable, so playable but not all powerful but not useless either...almost like he's in the middle of the tiers or something

In addition to that you also pointed out you mained doctor for a year which i guess was supposed to show people you were an expert doctor player (pro tip use the shock infrequently and they won't expect it, it's not something you can rely on at every loop) but I'm pretty sure anyone who plays the game would read that as "i main doctor so he should be stronger" which he should btw but so should really all mid tiers. And there's two killers that are almost always universally agreed to be low tier now that Freddy has ascended so you know, priorities

Lastly and most importantly the only thing you could say about Bubba is that he has an insta down making him stronger, bad take imo but even with that take....you didn't even bother to mention legion. So we can all agree that legion is by far the weakest killer right? I mean if you can have different biased killer mains argue about which killer needs buffing first and they don't even try to make an argument about why Legion is stronger i think it's pretty obvious who should be first in line regardless of who you personally want see buffed lol

• Schmiddy21Schmiddy21 Member Posts: 48

Yeah a killer that can instadown survivors is hard to play as. Not to mention the ones that do main him only facecamp to get kills. Also anyone that uses ruin to slug a game is just garbage. Skill checking makes it easy to counter.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

It's also hard being a Legion main!

*cries in Legion main*

*Also points to my big thread on Feedback for Legion rework ideas that no dev has commented on to give me hope*

edited October 2019

Yeah I guess it’s just hard to be a main of any killer that is low tier (bubba, legion, and I think clown is one but I don’t play him enough to know for sure).

BUT! You can still pull out some stuff people don't expect! I urge you that play the Killer you enjoy no matter what. Learn what works and what doesnt! That way when they come in, underestimating you... you just smile under your skin mask, rev your chainsaw, and go get some of that sweet, unsuspecting CHILI!

• kalivoookalivooo Member Posts: 27
  • suli033suli033 Member Posts: 81

@SulfonicFaun52 do you play on ps4?

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 374

And he needs some damn cosmetics. A copy/paste of his outfits from MKX would be great.

• NikkiwhatNikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,127

Pretty Lady Leatherface has always and will always be my most requested Cosmetic to be added to this game, followed by New Nightmare Freddy.

No I started out on Xbox but then switched to the PC.