Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

Is “Undetectable” enough of a buff for Wraith?

Not to undermine Wraith players that DO in fact cope fine in the high ranks (I know they exist), but Wraith can have it just as tough Clown.

Will the implementation of “Undetectable” be enough to help him?

Does he still need something more than this?

Comments

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,119

I doubt that it would be enough. Imo only more serious buffs or useful secondary power will make him feel like a threat.

• YaiPaYaiPa Member Posts: 1,377

History repeats itself. Months ago we asked for windstorm to be added into base kit Wraith, and we got it. Now we ask again for windstorm (green) being added into base kit Wraith, and we will get it.

• yandere777yandere777 Member Posts: 656

I feel windstorm should become basekit again lol. Increase his cloak movement speed, to compensate they can decrease the windstorm numbers but he needs this speed.

Now that I'm writing about him i feel he needs a second addon overhaul. His addons only give number buffs and if we compare them to the current philosophy of addons, his don't match it. The blink, windstorm and swift hunts gotta go.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 9,489

It doesn't help him in chases, which is where he's the weakest.

• DudeDeliciousDudeDelicious Member Posts: 6,847

My gripe with Wraith is that he’s so dependent on making sure he successfully gets in a surprise hit that it’s almost crippling for him. Any missed surprise attacks on a healthy (competent) survivor is reason enough to just immediately give up the chase.

It's why i love him, i find those quite easy to pull off.

MY gripe is that i have chase-specifc Perks stuck in his build, so that i DON'T have to give up the chase, hit or miss.

• BlueberryBlueberry Member Posts: 6,002
    edited October 2019

This is more a QoL than a buff, that's how small it is.

Wraith needs much more. He needs clapper at base and to make his "stealth" actually a stealth, not a terrible camo.

• BlueFangBlueFang Member Posts: 1,141

STBFL, Enduring, Weasel, BBQ are what I use and I do fine at every rank, I'm fine enough with this buff

• brokedownpalacebrokedownpalace Member Posts: 4,717

It's a direct buff, however small you see it. QoL is like when they fixed his bell hiding auras.

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 375

How does undetectable work with him? Does he retain it for a few seconds coming out of cloak?

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 596

depends, if youre good on wraith you will be happy with buff but you dont need it anyway,

but for 90% of community that sees thinks in 2 categories: viable (in way, will OP killer and op addons carry me to get 4k every game) or no viable (i have to learn how to play killer and i dont get 4k every game), for those 90% this will be too minor of buff, well those 90% thinks pig is unplayable soo

to summarize if you want to play wraith you can play him on every rank, if you think this game is competitive, get 4k every game and every hour you need shower this will be too minor buff

i like small interactions between survs and killers (like burning hags traps, sabo trappers traps or burning wraith) but its kinda feelsbadmen (i would rather burn nurse or spirit than wraith or trapper)

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,405

I don't think it will make a difference, it will be useful mostly against OoO which nobody uses.

Imo Wraith is ok but needs to be a bit less reliant on addons.

Being able to Lightburn Wraith & Nurse feels more like a remnant of the old DbD that they for some reason want to keep.

No other Killer has this ever since and it's not viable in any way against a good Nurse.

• MarcusMarcus Member Posts: 1,945

Wraith needs at least his green Windstorm add-on in his base kit, because his cloak speed isn't high enough without add-ons.

Is that with the negative as well?

Cause i don't want that, i love his super lunges.

• FireHazardFireHazard Member, Trusted Posts: 7,069

I mean, not being seen by OoO everywhere you go sounds like a good buff against aura reading perks.

But as a whole for Wraith in a regular game without those perks... no not really.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 5,364

No but it's a good start.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 3,091

Its a decent addition. Unlike Myers.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 4,454

I dont really see this as a Buff, it is consistency. Wraith needs way more than that.

• NekooNekoo Member Posts: 133

its not about viable or not, wraith is so weak right now, most red rank killer would struggle to even get 1 kill if they don't camp or tunnel with him lmfao.

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 1,850

I don't think so. Wraith is kind of obsolete as far as stealth killers go. He can't attack directly from his cloaked state and that will always be his biggest detriment. Ghostface surpasses him in just about every way.

• Lily0Lily0 Member Posts: 71

Wraith needs his movement speed while cloaked to be much faster as base, then he would at least have some map pressure

• White_OwlWhite_Owl Member Posts: 2,405
    edited October 2019

Agree, his super lunge is amazing and should remain in his basekit.

• GalklifeGalklife Member Posts: 596

"most red rank killers would struggle to get 1 kill without camping or tunneling" only thing i can tell git gut? i got good everyone can (and im not even that good of a killer) but i can get my kills without doing unfun stuff (camp and tunnel, ruin and noed are unfun to play with or vs) and yes on most killers beloved R1

• NekooNekoo Member Posts: 133

I have been a rank 1 killers for over a year, I know how to play the wraith without camping or tunneling

but it's not about me, how many red rank killer are actually that good, compared to the population of red rank survivors?

right now as a killer my queue is immediately, 10sec wait at most, showing the demand of high rank killer is already insane, and needless to say majority of those are nurse and spirit, and you want to find killers that good who can play wraith at this rank consistently?

Everyone knows wraith is bad, it's undeniable,

just stop with the BS, come on.

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 1,289

It's not that they aren't viable, it's the inane amount of effort and work you have to put in to be anywhere near mildly effective, and you have to have the skill to actually chase them and what could be a chill game is constantly sweating 24/7 if you want to even stand a chance.

You're much more likely to stand a chance with the top 3 than with someone like Pig because she has a much harder time doing the things that make killer effective (map pressure, chase pressure, etc...) on good survivors who know how to loop and counter their power.

• terumisanterumisan Member Posts: 870

I'd rather him just have faster uncloaking speed

• HorusHorus Member Posts: 850

No but its a good Qol change