Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Bug Reports

Broken Terror Radius

I just got out of a game against a Spirit whose terror radius sounded like she was nearby

It started when I was close by when she phasing at the start of the match. After her phase ended, the terror radius was constant throughout the entire match, even if she was across the map.

Comments

• Snipes4YouSnipes4You Member Posts: 13

+1 have been having similar issues with terror radius.

• PrryvdoofPrryvdoof Member Posts: 1

Third game in a row where I had a permanent terror radius. First 2 were huntress, third was doctor. Played Kate all 3 games, and it affected multiple survivors

• dinocat2dinocat2 Member Posts: 23

Permanent terror radius issues here too

• PatBrutalPatBrutal Dev, Community Manager Posts: 565

Hello everyone,

This issue was noted in the 3.3.0 patch notes in the known issues

• Terror Radius can affect players outside of the maximum range. Please report cases of this issue, providing information regarding players Loadouts, including the Killer.

As mentioned if you have any more info that can help us understand the issue please let us know.

If you wanna take a look at the known issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/93849/

Thank you

<3

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,735

Conclusion: Spirit has an unlimited terror radius

• thekatethekate Member Posts: 37

I played 2 matches for now, same bug was there, the killers were hillbilly and doctor.

• ErasoxErasox Member Posts: 98

This bug can happen when you hooked and unhooked and you hear the heartbeart from the killer. I can reproduce this everytime when you get unhook within the heartbeart i suffer every time with this terrorradius bug.

• SheldorSheldor Member Posts: 161
    edited October 2019

After it happened to me it always stays that way until I restart the game. Every round starts with full heartbeat and chase music. Independent of the survivor, happened with Ace as well as Jake and Claudette and Trapp, Perks usually a mix of selfcare/prove thyself/ urban evasion/dead hard/sprint burst/lithe/iron will.

Killers so far billy, nurse, clown, leatherface, wraith, spirit - dont remember their layouts.

• KaskraneKaskrane Member Posts: 35

I was against a spirit using : Whisper, BBQ&chili, NOED and ruin and two green add-ons with the infinite terror radius. I'll keep looking if it's linked to a perk or just killers

• VenomClausVenomClaus Member Posts: 2

Had this bug occur for me. First killer was a Legion and the terror radius was a light heart beat all game. Each game for the rest of the session continued to have this bug. In some instances, the terror radius would sound closer for the entire game as if in point blank range with the killer.

Likely unrelated, but on restarting the game I lost near all progress from the session. Bloodpoint count and rank reverted, though progress in the archives appeared to remain. Restarting did however correct the terror radius issue.

• MarieAmethystMarieAmethyst Member Posts: 3

Spirit is what is triggering it for me after she goes into first phase - will then be permanent for all future matches no matter the killer until I close game and restart.

• MarieAmethystMarieAmethyst Member Posts: 3

Never mind, just had a Nurse trigger it as well - running Ruin, Haunted Ground, I'm All Ears, Tinkerer

Happened as soon as they started chasing the obsession

• luvcraftluvcraft Member Posts: 362

I've noticed this with a variety of survivors and killers, and I've also noticed that spectators can hear it, too; after dying I spectated, and one of the spectated survivors had constant chase music when I spectated her (but none of the others did) and after the match she said she had no heartbeat.

So, hopefully it helps that spectators can hear it, too (although they might hear a different audio problem than the survivor themself hears!)

• ThymeWilltellThymeWilltell Member Posts: 11

I noticed this first start after a game against Spirit (Map: Haddonfield) - it started after she phased hit me. Then there was a heart beat the whole game. This heartbeat followed me into my next two games - appearing right from load in - the killers were Trapper and Clown respectively (Both maps were in the Swamp, Grim Pantry).

I don't remember the load outs, but I hope this helps! If I notice anything else, I'll update this post or just post another comment.

• BazzajackBazzajack Member Posts: 56

I also never encountered this bug until i faced a spirit and every game since I started hearing a heartbeat striaght away

• ThymeWilltellThymeWilltell Member Posts: 11

Right, so another update.

I quit playing for a good few hours and then reloaded the game. I went into a match - first of the day - and was playing against Spirit. At first, I had no problems - no strange terror radius. Then at random - for me at least - I was stuck with intense music the whole match. Her load out was only one perk - Spirit Fury. I think the terror radius bug happened after the Spirit did her first phase walk/Haunting.

All in all? Until this bug is fixed, I'd suggest using Spine Chill to have at least SOME idea where the killer is.

• LoneFox777LoneFox777 Member Posts: 1

I had a similar issue, I was playing against Hillbilly, the chase music and terror radius were as if he was right behind me the whole match. When I was hooked it went away, until another survivor was hooked, then it started again.