The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
Give us your opinion! Complete the Players Satisfaction Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DbDCSAT
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Freddy is so boring to play against.

Comments

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,475

I'm not advocating holding a match hostage, but it's in the killer's best interests to delay gen completion. It's how they accomplish their entire goal; the game is a clock that they have to beat, so obviously there is gonna be a bias toward perks that make that clock as forgiving as possible.

I feel like people here willfully choose to not comprehend this sort of thing.

• johnmwarnerjohnmwarner Member Posts: 760

What is fun for both sides? If I don’t ruin any slowdown perks, don’t run NOED (because crutch perk right?), does your team agree to take a break from doing gens while I chase someone for 2 minutes on the near infinite loops?

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

I mean, I literally just had a game fly by in the shortest i've ever seen, and then got called a pleb and stuff. I just said "Well if you want to play the game boring thats on you, imma go have fun."

I was like, minimum time for a match I swear, even with me smacking people. They all did the whole Body block thing, instaheals (Thank Goddess those are gone soon) and everything the normal "Ultra sweatly" people do.

• MegMain98MegMain98 Member Posts: 1,517

Red Paint Brush and Swing Chains when paired with Thantatophobia and Dying Light is the most boring build on the planet. Sitting on generators for two minutes is not exactly very thrilling. I’m never really excited to go against a Freddy. He is easily one of my most disliked killers to face.

That being said...he doesn’t need a change though

• ScytereScytere Member Posts: 25
    edited October 13

Sounds like you are really whining......again.

• Micheal_MyersMicheal_Myers Member Posts: 738

Actually... you aren't wrong..

Freddy.. (It's hard to explain so bare with me..)

Freddy is just.. an annoyance not really interesting not really jump-scary he's kinda like the trapper with less extra steps. Don't get me wrong he's fun to play as... But not really interesting to play against..

• Mert_MKMert_MK Member Posts: 206

I‘m so glad killing myself on first hook isn‘t punishable.

Keep being boring. Don‘t be surprised when you‘ll see an increased amount of survivors bringing toolboxes then.

• SnakeSound222SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 1,729

We can mess with Freddy's slowdown after the problem of gen speed is fixed.

• Mr_GoodmanMr_Goodman Member Posts: 61

Freddy is boring...…….spirit is boring...………..Nurse is boring...….. Dear god, entitled survivor mains seriously complain about every killer. I swear there is at least one complaining post for each killer.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

I got called boring as Legion cause I Killed them all.... at rank 4.Sorry I can make a low tier Killer a challenge.

• jiyteejiytee Member Posts: 4

I have to agree, Freddy is waaay too much time and energy for the same return elsewhere and imho is the least fun to play against. NOT cos I think he’s the hardest, he’s just hardwork!!

i have to admit the next time I dc on Freddy won’t be the first - I can actually feel my eyes rolling back in my head thinking here we go again on the grind.

killers seem to love him, I wonder why NOT!

• BrendanLeeTBrendanLeeT Member Posts: 152

Although I've never ran the forever Freddy build, I just play Freddy like normal. Don't get me wrong, holding M1 is boring and that's why I mainly play killer because it's more interactive so I don't get bored as fast but on average my lobbies have a guaranteed chance of at least 1 toolbox and 75% of the time 2 toolboxes are present. Toolboxes are already so common that I don't see how they can become even more popular.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 931

He's the only killer that has two separate play types (snare/pallet).

And having to wake up is an objective in itself.

He's good fun.

• CrazewtboyCrazewtboy Member Posts: 589

The only thing I really relate to is the gen destroyer builds. It is a MASSIVE action speed debuff, even worse than Legion (who I would rather play against comparing them and this build). As a couple others have already said, if I spawn in and see you have that build, I'm either disconnecting or letting him kill me simply because the game would be a waste of my time. I'm gonna die anyway so why prolong it?

• Hey_Its_JamesHey_Its_James Member Posts: 40

@FreddySpaghetti

Quick question, my dude, thoughts on this build?

POGTW

BBQ

Brutal Strength

And the fourth is usually switching with Stridor, Huntress Lullaby, Corrupt Intervention and Whispers

Addons for Pallets, either Garden Rake or Paint Thinner, and Green Dress, Blue Dress or Nancy's Masterpiece

• ShadowRainShadowRain Member Posts: 108

Annoying to play against

• BongbingbingBongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

To be fair though, Time is essential to a Killer. That's why so many people are using Gen slow builds, The gens themselves go too quickly otherwise.

I will agree on Freddy though, Even playing him it's just spam the loop with snares and you're almost guaranteed the hit.

• TKTKTKTK Member Posts: 270

gen slow down builds are a symptom of the problem killers want to play the game and don't like that it can potentially end in minutes.

• UltraBananaUltraBanana Member Posts: 100

Slowdown freddy is crutch, basically a whole crutch character. He's right up there with spirit / nurse as one of the more faceroll killers to win with now, unfortunately.

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 249

me using splinters post freddy rework: I mean he's fine but I doubt his addons/builds will make him that much stronger

this thread: man I missed a chance to grab him on discount

• ApeOfMazorApeOfMazor Member Posts: 222

I'm sick of seeing gens pop before I even get a chance to walk to the other side of the map. Gens need major slowdown. They have for a long time. Everyone recognizes this game sucks if gens are rushed.

• ASAPTurtleASAPTurtle Member Posts: 566

Gen Speed isn't the problem. It's the generator builds that go with it.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

It's one thing to harass gens. I'm down with that.

It's another when the gens just take forever to repair and the red bar is creeping ever so slowly. Then I screw up my ruin skillcheck and it regresses. Ughhhh!!!

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 1,484

Amazing, it's like we've had this no heal meta where gens go way too fast, and we finally have a few things that work together to make gens not go so fast so we use them.

And then of course the complaint is that it's not fun that gens don't go too fast.

• ToybasherToybasher Member Posts: 99

Hah that sounds like my matches when Old Freddy was a thing. (RIP Old Freddy) I'd use my stall and juggle targets to sleep everyone and quite literally waste everybody's time until I got 50 concussions from pallets dropped on my head, then survivors were screwed.

I always ran something like DIscordance, BBQ, Monitor, STBFL, and I could close out games pretty fast even at higher ranks without ruin. (Survivors would kind of brain fart against OG Freddy. Sure you play against Nurse and Billy 24/7 but what about a Freddy who knows what he's doing and is constantly dropping targets and reengaging unpredictably? Especially if he burns a thick mist offering, making it very hard to spot him in the dream world. I also got plenty of gengrabs on cocky survivors working on gens because they expect 7 seconds when in reality my addons might have reduced it, and I had a very fast reaction time for the grab.) I later ran a One Punch Man build during the mettle of man crisis (STBFL, PWYF, Monitor, Rancor.) so I could one-hit-mori the mettle of man mcloopypants after ignoring them all game.

Loved Old Freddy. I can confirm matches took a very long time though. If you wanted to be really toxic you could run the "Classic" Dying Light + Black Box + Mori "Tunnel Freddy" build. Throw in Swing Chains and Jump Rope and you could slow the game down so much people start DCing because no progress can be made while asleep.

Either way the new "Forever Freddy" is nothing like the old one. The only addon combo I see that's cheesy is Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains but the debuff is less than Thanatophobia. Maybe if survivors combo Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains + Dying Light + Thanatophobia it gets bad but I've yet to go against it and it's still nothing like the original Freddy.

• Tucking_FriggeredTucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

Boring is codeword for difficult. The idea being if they say boring instead of difficult they won't have killer mains counter their wish for change.