We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Insta heals shouldnt consume the whole medkit anymore (like BNPs)

I think it would be a good change to balance out the nerf a little bit in the same way how BNPs got nerfed. What do you think?

Comments

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,470

I would disagree mainly because I think the BNP was nerfed way harder than the instaheals.

• Divine_ConfettiDivine_Confetti Member Posts: 331

Both of them are still super strong and will end up extending chases. The only thing that was truly nerfed was the fact that you can't instaheal someone off the ground to full anymore.

Styptic = free minimum 15 second chase extender

Syringe = old styptic except you have to use it with a safe window/pallet or exhaustion perk

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Listen bud, idk where this "no" answers in the forum are coming from lately, but you aren't helpful nor are you cool. Give your reasoning or simply say nothing.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

Yeah that's true, but you need to think about that the old BNP were way stronger to begin with. I mean, it was 4 gens popping in a few seconds lol. 4 syringes aren't even comparable to that

• ad19970ad19970 Member Posts: 1,822

I would disagree on that. The new effects of those two addons are still really strong that having them deplete the entire medkit seems balanced to me. One pretty much still allows you to take an extra hit, you only get the Deep Wound status effect applied. And the other addons heals you for one full health state over 8 seconds, which used right in a chase means you'll also get one extra health state during the chase.

• TAGTAG Member Posts: 4,470

You are not wrong, but considering that the old instaheals were still more than worthy of eating the whole medkit, and the new reworked add-ons are not that much worse, I'd still say they should still consume the whole medkit.

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 455

Also it would be fun to try and mind game a killer by making them think you used a styptic in front of them so they wait 15 seconds to try and hit you instead of hitting you right away.

• ChatkovskiChatkovski Member Posts: 95
    edited October 14

It's worse than that, it does not consume it, it destroys it! It is therefore impossible to keep the item if we manage to escape.

The Brand New Part does not destroy the toolbox, it consumes no charge either. It's an Ultra Rare addon.

If the destruction of the addons is justified, that of the item is not. And the use of these addons should not even consume item charges.

The items have their rarity and power, these addons have their power and their rarity. I do not see why they should be linked.

• PeenutsButt3rPeenutsButt3r Member Posts: 398

Instaheal addons should consume 50%, 25% charges immediately after being used rather than deplete the whole medkit.

• Aven_FallenAven_Fallen Member Posts: 2,324

BNP was nerfed into oblivion. It is still quite strong, but not 7k BP worth-strong. The former Insta Heals however are still really good (and not broken before, even tho I think the purple one was okish before, Syringes were Bullshit), so they are worth their price and it is fine that they consume the Medkit.

You can always use the Medkit/Charges before using the "Insta-Heal". Worked fine for me on PTB.

• foochill1foochill1 Member Posts: 95

Wtf? Have you played killer? yes they should depleat

• TheUnendingNightmareTheUnendingNightmare Member Posts: 1,172

And this changes from regular matches how ? The Nurse is the MOST easiest killer to deal with even against a God Nurse.

(Red rank here)

• copperslycoppersly Member Posts: 641

The difference is generators take way longer as an objective (unless you're swf but I digress) and toolboxes have way more charges than medkits do.

And if we make healing too strong again m1 killers are going to be even more dumpster tier and unusable at high ranks.

• GoatyTCOGoatyTCO Member Posts: 55

I see where you're comIng from, but I think that if it is changed so that the medkit is not depleted, it should alert the killer that you are using it. Maybe the user could start glowing like when Metal of Man is used, and/or it could alert the killer with a sound and some sort of timer in the bottom left, (possibly like the deep wounds timer, except green).

• CigCig Member Posts: 23

Nerfing insta heal is total crap, this game only caters to killer and constantly shits on survivors