Are you ready to see the Cursed Legacy trailer?
UPDATE: Upon further investigation, we are happy to say that no members of the Dead by Daylight forums had their data compromised in the breach over the past weekend. All passwords have been reset as a precautionary measure, please be sure to update your password as soon as possible using the password reset button.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused!
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Loading screen always stuck (borderline game-breaking)

This only started happening after a few days ago but now every time I finish a game and click continue the game is gets completely stuck on the loading screen and the only way to stop it is to end the game on task manager. This means that after every single game I play i have to completely restart the entire game, it's absolutely ridiculous. If anyone has a fix or a way to lessen the problem please share it because I really just want to play the game in peace.

Comments

• SlimbiginzSlimbiginz Member Posts: 5

This has been going on for me as well on Xbox 1. Its SUPER frustrating. Game is playable barely when you have to restart it over after every match!

• KhaineGBKhaineGB Member, Mod Posts: 739

I think I've seen folks saying that a reinstall seems to fix it, at least on PC.

I'll do some digging later and see if there's any other reported fixes.

I seriously have NEVER loved and hated a game so much as I do DBD! It could be one of the best games but it will forever remain mediocre at best! How in Christ name do you have a game out for three years and still it disconnects more than it doesn't. My fault but I have spent more money than I should ever until things become more stable. Im just so utterly disappointed. I play on xbox, switch and PC when i can. I play on Xbox mainly. I have never seen a more unstable game for Xbox console as I have your game. But its ok you will just keep sucking money out of your loyal gamers! Knock, knock.....FIX YO [BAD WORD]!!!

Like right now, sitting here in a god damn connecting screen for ten mins! Ive already reinstalled the game twice! Its YOU!!!!!!!

Really though sorry Im so upset but it is so frustrating when you invest money and time in to a game. I really could waste my money on something else.

If you think it's frustrating, try being the devs...

And that's not being sarcastic. SOME folks (like you) have this issue. Some don't. It's an absolute pain to track down bugs that some players have, while others work absolutely fine.

Is it actually frozen on that screen, fyi? Or can you back out into the menus and stuff? Just trying to work out if it's a crash, or if it's just taking forever to find a match.

I do understand really I do. So yes itnis stuck and you can not back out. It makes the noise like you back our but no action happens it just says connecting and the dots are cycling next to it.

Have you tried doing the obvious reinstall?

If so, then I would suggest filing a ticket with support at https://support.deadbydaylight.com

Even if they can't help fix it, they can log it as a bug to be investigated. :)