Home Discussions General Discussions

gen rush mindset

Comments

• WickedMilk03WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624

those people are the reason the game is imbalanced

• hiChiC Member Posts: 217

Using the term ‘gen rush’ as if it’s not the primary objective for survivors makes me think you’re not very experienced and/or don’t really understand the game.

• PeasantPeasant Member Posts: 4,104

I am a gen rusher, but only do it so that the game can end. Heck, most of the time I do a gen to 99% and then leave for another one.

The exception is when I am facing a Spirit. If I am facing a Spirit I switch from, making sure that the game can end favorably for me to:

M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E

Spirits sure as shoot never show any mercy so neither will I when facing them.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,735

False.

The game is imbalanced and those are the people that take advantage of it.

The imbalance itself exists with or without the people utilizing it.

• Mikie532Mikie532 Member Posts: 3

Or you can be a better killer. They have perks like Franklin's Demise, Tinker, Discordance, Hex ruin (which 99% of them already use), Huntress Lullaby, Over Charge and Pop Goes the Weasel. Killers always crying thats why survivors perks and items always getting debuffed and changed. The point of the game is go in do the gens and escape. Not to play "Ring Around the Rosie" with the killer. Stop being a baby, "Friday 13th" may be a better fit for you. Btw The Nurse and Spirit are some of the easiest killers to play against. Unlike Hill Billy, Cannibal, Michael Myers, Ghost Face, The Wrath and The Clown also the new killer from "Stranger Things" you just sound trash.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 3,681
  • KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,215
    edited October 2019

Instead of blaming it on the gens. Blame it on the killers that lack pressure or possibly even player mistakes. Also maps play a part of this as well.

• OmansOmans Member Posts: 419

Are you sure? Yesterday I played a game against a streamer. In the lobby he said "oh this is definitely a 4-man."

I was solo, and another guy was solo too (the other two were very unkind - not in a joking way - because he made a big mistake at the end). At most it was a 2-man group, yet the streamer was convinced it was a 4-man group. In my experience this false assumption is more common than 4-man groups (especially super sweaty ones) by far.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 1,851

Agree it is really annoying to see this as Killer main, when I do my dailys and dont play a op Killer, Trapper for an example, the second survivors see my trapps or me and know I am a trapper, they instalty start rushing even harder.

Yesterday I placed 3 traps in autohaven for like 1 and a half minute and 4 gens popped. In the endscreen (still killed 3 because they wasnt that good honestly) all 4 of them had atleast a yellow toolbox or higher.

Thats why I main spirit and mostly play her or nurse because I just want to play chilled and not sweat for my life in every game. And then after genrushing a low tier Killer the survivors write mostly ez or baby killer but if you play a op killer they just dc or killthemselves. I hate redranks.

And a even more sad part is, most of the survivors that does that cant even mindgame properly. If you come to a balanced loop with midgames they mostly die instantly by just running towards you when you simply fake your redlight. This happens ALOT by these "rushers". It is fine if you want to make pressure by pulling out some gens but not focusing EVERYTHING into it, ppl dont heal anymore just to keep doing gens, if you find them on the gen they mostly die really fast and after the save they keep doing those gens, because even if they die, atleast they did the max amount of time the gens and not trying to stay alive, yeah weird right? Staying ALIVE as survivor, I wonder which weird madman came on the idea to make a game where survivors should try to stay alive!

• SylorknagSylorknag Member Posts: 760

Trump is so proud.

• CymerCymer Member Posts: 942

The one and only game mechanic that is reversed for some reason is the time management within the game.

For some strange reason the survivors are the once dictating the progress of the game and the killer has to disturb and slow them.

In theory the survivors could spend ages on gens, if they want to, there is no overarching threat that forces them to do gens.

That's why killers that are able to quickly end chases and put pressure on the survivors, force them to use up their resources or entirely denying them, the best killers in the game and often unfun to vs them.

So the survivors don't have any other option then to rush gens themselves. That's their weapon to pressure the killer and force the killer into mistakes to be exploited.

So why do we blame the survivors? They just play optimally and react to the pressure of the killer with their own.

If we want a paced game, we need a clock/timer, if the survivors survive for X min they win, if they all get killed/sacrificed/died before, the killer wins.

Is that the alternative we really want?

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886
    edited October 2019

I generally don't genrush.

In fact you'll often see me bringing saboteur and Alex's. I like to screw around and have fun in the game.

Every now and then you'll see me bring BNPs. You know why? Because I am likely just using up the gear on the survivor before I prestige.

I still complain about Spirit. Sorry, I just don't like Spirit.

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,710
    edited October 2019

Idk I try to do gens when people are still alive as fast as I can Bc the more the teammates get killed off the less likely the gens are to get done. I’ll take a break around 2-1 gens left to do bones for obvious reasons. If other players are as optimal as I am, I can’t help that. It’s not in my best interest as a survivor to piss time away. If 3 gens pop quickly and everyone is still up the killer usually camps or tunnels after that so I mean. You don’t have a lot of options other than offering yourself up for the killers sake with them being extra close to the hook at that point. I’m going to a gen, if you don’t come looking for me that’s your fault. The best killers are the ones that apply gen pressure , and even if they haven’t killed everyone they dragged the out long enough to get plenty of points, and/ or have people killed off. Just Bc you didn’t get a 4K doesn’t mean you didn’t do well as killer.

• SpiderTashSpiderTash Member Posts: 25

I love how killer mains always complain about gen rushing, but at the same time they will try and down the survivors as fast as possible. So wouldn't that be survivor rushing? Why do you have to kill every so fast? How can it be fun when you 4k games all the time. Why do you need to kill everyone so fast and then move on your next game to kill them all again. Get over it, that is the point of the game, finish the gens and get out.

• StarMoralStarMoral Member Posts: 819

Whenever I play survivor, I personally DO find enjoyment in being the Gen Jockey... However my perks do not reflect that because chases, mainly winning them, is more important than gens.

Problem is maps can be so big at times that I can do several gens before even coming in contact with the killer. Map design in this game can really hurt the supposed power role.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

Oh hey, thanks. These look interesting! Gave me some reading for a bit.

• StarMoralStarMoral Member Posts: 819

I hardly ever presume full 4 man groups, usually 2-3, but I still find it a little odd they havent balanced around communication yet.

Look BHVR, your "It sets a tone for the game" argument is absolutely invalid now. Let's be honest here, who really thinks this is a horror game and not a competative 4v1 team game?

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,254

It's unfortunate. Killers have NO control over gatekeeper at all.

• CardgreyCardgrey Member Posts: 1,318

0.0 infinite tier 3 Myers using insidious from behind the L wall. By a gen believe it or not it works lol

• NosplashNosplash Member Posts: 77

i wonder who is the real trash, talking like one, not spending time to actually read my post and the ones who spent some time to give some decent arguments, but instead just typed the first thing that came to their mind..

• Theoretical_HeartTheoretical_Heart Member Posts: 398

You can absolutely rush primary objectives lol. This idea that survivors have "it's my objective" does not mean it cannot be rushed. Your objective in Mario 64 was to collect stars and defeat Bowser. Some people take days/weeks/months to do this others do it in minutes. They rush through the objective, it's colloquially known as "speed running".

Gen rushing is absolutely real.

The point I’m making is that it’s silly to assume the survivors aren’t going to do the gens as fast as possible. Of course they are! In what case relevant to this game would you not do the gens as fast as possible to escape the trial?

The point I’m making is that it’s silly to assume the survivors wouldn’t do the gens as fast as possible. Of course they will! In what case relevant to this game would the survivors not do the gens as fast as possible to escape the trial? Gen rush is a stupid, irrelevant term used to make it seem like survivors are being [BAD WORD] for trying to escape.

• darktrixdarktrix Member Posts: 1,564

So what some of you are saying is if survivors go slower on gens you will go slower on killing survivors?

Lol, no. You guys are hung up thinking it's the survivor's fault. No, it's the fact that the gens can be done so quickly that is the problem. Objectives are not balanced. survivors have an objective spread out amongst 4 people. The Killer is alone. Yet the killer is required to hook people 3 times (at least they are intended to) a hooked survivor takes longer to die than it takes a gen to get done.

Annnnd we’re full circle to my first comment about people not understanding asymmetrical multiplayer games. Your comment solidifies the point I was making.

Yes, I understand fine. It's you who don't. The one's objective should be easier than the many's objective.the one has only themselves, the many has their objectives being worked on by multiple people. That is how you balance the power role vs the team role. It's not hard to understand. After this I'm done. Because you will either understand how the roles work or you won't.

TLDR; the Team should not have the easier objevtive as it skews the balance heavily in their favor.