Home Discussions General Discussions
The 4.0.0 PTB is now available on Steam! For patch notes, instruction and more details, click here.

So about The Spirit...

2»

Comments

• FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 375

Most people say that you can just use head phones and track survivors, ez no skill.

A) doesn't that apply to all killers?

B) some people, including myself have hearing impairment so audio-location is not a thing.

Off topic I'd love a perk or killer that gave visual ques to sound direction. Being deaf in the left ear, Everything sounds like it's coming from the right. Everything.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 852

Do you want dbd to be an unbalanced bully simulator?

• SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

your line of "some games I will down all 4 survivors without 1 gen being done" this just happens sometimes, look at Tru3 he would sometimes do that WITH PRE REWORKED FREDDY, it just happens RARELY. not depending on the killer to say but the survivors themselves

she is balanced, there is plenty of counters to her power, spine chill, iron will, fixated, etc etc etc. the problem people have is that since 90% of the killer roster are M1 killers, they use M1 killer tactics, looping, etc. when in truth she is a M2 killer, like nurse. that is why people also complain about nurse. they don't change their tactics that much to combat M2 killers, still running in a straight line for pallets and loops that work for M1 killers, not so much for M2 killers. she has tells when she is phasing if you are paying attention. she is a 110% movement speed killer at base so she should have a very strong power to compensate. windows still screw her over when phasing. etc etc etc. she has plenty of counters but a lot f people who complain just don't ant to learn/use them

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

She's good as she is. She can end chases very quickly and counterplay is heavily supported by specific perks. That's what a good killer is about.

• EggscellentEggscellent Member Posts: 21

I hate going up against the spirit they're so powerful but it doesn't mean they need a Nerf I swear most people on forms a bunch of whiners without good reasons.

• LazyGhost25LazyGhost25 Member Posts: 29

Yo this is exactly why I stopped playing this game 2 months now I'm tired of all the game not working and glitching out I'm honestly done until they actually fix the whole game I can't keep my rank 4 from losing pips I am so done with this game they can't fix anything and they cannot do anything right but yet they still want to send out chapters and constantly do cosmetics sick and tired of it until then I'm not playing it as long as it takes for them to get stuff right.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,391

I as your oppenent do not care if you have fun... I care about my fun.... I know that survivors don't give a shiet if I'm attempting to learn a new killer and therefore I'm struggling in red ranks.... I know that a camping killer doesn't give a shiet about my fun while I'm on the hook,

FUN! is different for everyone... I enjoy the competitive side of the game more then the memes and theres most likely someone who enjoys the memes more then competing.... so there is no way! That the team can please everyone with each product that they put out, its impossible to do... spirit is definitely more on the competitive side of things which is what attracts me to her so much, I love being being able to compete with the best teams.

• survivormain1105survivormain1105 Member Posts: 305

Def agree with that one. I was playing spirit for the first time yesterday and I was hitting things that made no sense on my end.

• jeyersjeyers Member Posts: 275

I want a balanced and fair game, i know that killer mains can't stand actually playing killers that require effort or skill but it would be better for the game if spirit and freddy got adjusted.

• LushyBunnyLushyBunny Member Posts: 76

As most people think, she's kinda functionally broken. She has no window vault icon at all, making got tier mind games, has no sound when phasing when I'm the terror radius, which is really unfair, has arguably the best add ons and most broken, and is the least fun killer to go against. I have more fun against legion. Spirits are unfun and mostly sweatier then they should be. Atleast that's my opinion. I'd love to hear counter arguments. (And before you say "oh entitled survivor" I play both, however I play more killer then survivor. Probably a 70% killer, 30% survivor.)

• LucamaLucama Member Posts: 457

Counter arguments have been outlined in this thread and many others centering on Spirit.

• TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

I enjoy playing against her, she is difficult to escape but I like that - cake killers are boring, I like a challenge - i'm no bitch

• hiChiC Member Posts: 217

I think what it comes down to with Spirit is that, almost like Nurse, she is able to completely ignore the basic game mechanics to a certain degree. That’s really frustrating to play against. The obvious advice is to get good and run better perks, but in the right hands she just feels completely unbeatable. I also disagree with the notion that she takes a lot of skill to play. She’s one of the easiest killers to consistently do very well with.

• silverwolf4455silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 470

The only 2 changes needed to spirit is... prayer beads needs to be an ultra rare (it is stronger than her ultra rares imo) and she shouldn't have collision while phasing.. that's it.. no nerfs to her base kit... she can be looped but you don't loop her the same way you do other killers. More mindgames than mindless loops. (Scratch mark jukes, window jukes, walking away from a loop while she phases. You have to keep mixing it up and be unpredictable tho and iron will and dead hard help ).

• danielmaster87danielmaster87 Member Posts: 344

If there's a DC in a match, it doesn't count because that's just people being crybabies and not wanting to play against a killer. That's literally saying them, "I don't know counterplay, so I'm just gonna quit."

• wichael_wyerswichael_wyers Member Posts: 180

I appreciate this thread, btw. Love when people are civil or open to hear people out. I loved Spirit when she came out, because she genuinely is an interesting character lore and mechanically wise. Her power is amazing. I think why no one complained before is because everybody was a baby on her, so it was easy just to do the "run forward and go backwards" type of juke. That or everyone has grown to stop being immersed and running is simply not helpful. I think I used Urban Evasion a lot when Spirit came out.

Now I run nothing but healing perks or occasionally a Dead Hard or Sprint Burst. I feel even Ironwill cannot truly buy me enough time to get away from Spirit. Maybe I will have to try Spine Chills sometime. What I try doing when I go versus a Spirit is run to a loop and begin making scratch marks like I'm going to begin looping a tile and then walk away from the tile just a tad if I can. Sometimes she gets out of phase fast and I have no time to return or go to the next tile, sometimes my hitbox reveals me and I feel like that's the biggest thing of all.

She already has sight (grass at least) and sound (breathing and groaning) to help her get us. She also has speed to catch up (I believe - correct me if I'm wrong because maybe her speed is the same). Some maps also have smaller loops, and she could probably phase around the whole loop with enough time to run into me and just hit me. I'm not sure if that's exactly what the Spirit is doing, but feels like it sometimes. I know Spirit isn't a braindead killer either. It does come with practice and skill to get better at, but I wonder if some people cheese Spirit by searching that hitbox. I could be wrong. Maybe it's not as obvious as I imagined.

• FrenziedRoachFrenziedRoach Member Posts: 1,611

I'd like to just take away her collision with survivors. Just do that by itself and see how it plays out.

• Mister_HoldoutMister_Holdout Member Posts: 2,332

I'm not a fan of the Spirit's power.

In simple terms, it's very hard to juke a Spirit when she can track you but you can't track her.

Once a Spirit gains enough experience tracking survivors then most of the counter play from survivors is gone. Even if you make yourself harder to track, a good Spirit will still catch you. At least that's my experience so far.

• Seltas0208Seltas0208 Member Posts: 1,056

In all honesty I don't know why people are complaining about prayer beads so much, sure it makes a gen grabbing spirit build but it's only really useful if you use your phasing as a mobility tool, it won't help in chases because your terror radius has a build in silencer.

It basicly makes spirit into (mobility wise) a very fast wraith who's entirely invisible who can't see survivors, with a cool down.

• S_PandaS_Panda Member Posts: 539

I'd like to assume the reason they leave her having collision is because of how odd it'd be if she happened to de-phase in a survivor: does she suddenly warp back / survivor warp elsewhere? what if she's between 2 walls and a survivor (with survivor partly taking up the space she would be)?

• ShadowReaper11ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 43

it may have been a easy killer for you to learn but every one is different with different play styles. She has been my main from day 1 she is a powerful killer whom can destroy in brown, green and purple ranks but will have a harder times in red ranks and with swf. This may not apply with every one. But i do agree with the community her beads need a nerf. one of the best ways for people to win against her is play her for a bit this allows you to lean her strengths and weaknesses. for me i love playing against her is because i see this as a easy bully.

• UnicornTootsUnicornToots Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2019

I strongly disagree with it. Spirit as well as nurse and billy are some of the few killers that can absolutely destroy swf and at red ranks. Stridor takes away her weakness and spine chill wont help much. Not sure what kind of spirits you're going against but a spirit player has to be deaf or playing without headphones to have a hard time tracking. Are you a low rank survivor? (Not an insult, I'm legitimately curious)

• StevePerryPsychOutStevePerryPsychOut Member Posts: 158

I'd assume it would work like taking a hit from a killer, you pass through each other until you separate from one another

• RaptorrotasRaptorrotas Member Posts: 1,862

Survivors seem to dislike guesswork and reactive gameplay.

My guess is theyre so used to leading the chase that they stumble when forced to guess what those killers who can actively dictate the chase willo do.

• arslaNarslaN Member Posts: 1,828

You hook survivors without even chasing them. Survivors have no way to know that she is coming unless they have spine chill or premonition. Does that seem fair to you?

• 8obot1c8obot1c Member Posts: 1,129

They should rework prayer beads so it doesn't cause collision when phasing (But if you go out of it on top of a survivor it pushes you outward)

• Aura_babyyAura_babyy Member Posts: 576

Personally my quirk with spirit is that mind gaming in loops is sometimes near impossible.

I run Iron Will a lot, since it helps me with not just Spirit. But it's so easy for spirit to mindgame loops and jungle gyms because all she has to do is simply bump into you. This results in me often abandoning a loop or pallet because of the collision between you and a phasing spirit (which shouldn't be like this).

Someone once told me her hair stands up frozen when she's phasing? I cant confirm that as I usually dont pay attention to that at all closely and it looks the same. Beads is about as broken as you can expect it to be. Gen grab spirit will always be broken. It's the same concept as an instant heal but for killer.

I think a decent nerf to that would be to have the spirit be revealed when she's in a 2-5 meter radius from you. Dunno

• ShadowReaper11ShadowReaper11 Member Posts: 43

no i completely understand what you mean i forgot to mention that on my build i use iron will because it is a good stealth perk. and about what you said about the swf what i meant by that was an experienced group who have played the game for a while. but what would you change about the spirit. i understand that she does need some tweaking but not nurse or Freddy tweaking.