Home Polls

How do you feel about flashlight's in their current state?

2»

Comments

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886
    Garbage

Flashlights are worthless, only good for breaking Hag traps.

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Too situtational

I'm someone who only uses flashlights to save a teammate. Since the new and faster pickup animation this becomes a very situational task. You need to be on the perfect spot and very well hidden while the slug isn't near a wall or similar + the killer can always do a quick 180 turn before picking the slug up which removes any possibility to reposition yourself in time (maybe with sprintburst possible, but I don't run this noob perk).

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711
    Too situtational

Odd blurb doesn't make the blinding faster. As far as I know nothing changes the time to blind anymore, every flashlight and addon is the same. Odd blurb is garbage, it just wastes your battery.

• anarchy753anarchy753 Member Posts: 2,673
    Perfectly balanced as all things should be

Flashlights are in a fine spot.

Their add ons could probably use some work since most of them do barely anything and just adding charges is the best option 99% of the time.

Flashlights are at a spot where blinds are very easy for some free points and some advantage in a chase at pallets.

Flashlight saves are definitely difficult, but that's the way they should be. Just bringing an item is not grounds for the killer never being able to pick up your teammates. It's an incredibly huge momentum swing that should take perfect timing and skill, not be the expected outcome of having a flashlight.

• TangeroTangero Member Posts: 119
    Kinda trashy

Pretty much a useless tool if you going up against a decent killer

• DeadByMemelightDeadByMemelight Member Posts: 51
    Kinda trashy

IMO they should drop them all by 1 rarity tier and rework the lense addons to be more noticeably useful. BT should proc on flashlight saves. Click-spamming should be removed, or accelerate battery depletion. I also think killers should retain some amount of head movement during animation locks to reduce the feeling of being punished for doing basic game mechanics because someone has a flashlight (this change is why I'd be okay with flashlights being more common).

• Nazeef13Nazeef13 Member Posts: 291
    Kinda trashy

I love using them.

But there should definitely be some add on changes. The brightness/instablind Nerf was needed, but that made odd bulb completely garbage, and it still takes out 25% of your battery life.

Counterplay. Killers have counterplay by looking at a wall. This is fine.

Killers can also look up or turn around. Which is also fine counterplay.

But this also makes flashlight saves too situational, especially with requiring that perfect timing to not be early enough to blind during the animation, and not so late that the killer can turn.

I wish that survivors could at least aim up, when the killer looks up to add some extra counter counter play

• LirulinielLiruliniel Member Posts: 2,909
  • TeambossFlozeTeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260
    Garbage

Don't like them as a survivor or killer and frankly think they are pretty redundant

• CashelP14CashelP14 Member Posts: 2,357

I thought this was a simple answer to pick but reading the comments have changed my mind slightly.

A flashlight save can completely change a game. It's more time wasted by the killer and completely negates the previous chase.

But after reading these comments I can agree on a few things. At high ranks it's very tough to get flashlight saves, very few times do you actually get it. The battery add-ons are the best, with the widening add-ons being pretty pointless.

I also find that a flashlight player at high ranks is pretty good as killer. I know they are probably not doing gens and following me. If I down someone, even if injured they will be close and it gives me huge momentum if I down them too.

I think flashlights are pretty well balanced but someone of the add-ons need a slight change. Raritys need adjusted and other add-ons need changed.

• KebekKebek Member Posts: 1,512

Their main purpose is doing just fine and that is to blind the killer to allow you to lose the chase. They aren't supposed to be only used for flashlight saves that have incredible impact on the outcome of the match.

Flashlight saves are supposed to be rare and hard to pull off since they are basically repeatable DS strike through item and we all know how impactful even 1 DS can be.

• LittleLiamLittleLiam Member Posts: 34
    Too situtational

They are not great. As a killer, unless the flashlight is frame perfect if you spam the "drop" key it is impossible to to get a flashlight save. They still have a chance to wiggle now, but Hooks are pretty good these days.

They're just nowhere near the power item they used to be.

• JakojoJakojo Member Posts: 169
    Too situtational

It can be tricky getting a save off on a good killer. I think the addons need to be looked at similar to how the medkits did.

• twistedmonkeytwistedmonkey Member, Trusted Posts: 3,880

Balanced.

Perfectly? well that's subjective but at least they take some degree of knowledge and timing to use now.

• CakeDutyCakeDuty Member Posts: 432

Wish their addons would get touched a bit since it's the only good ones are batteries and the amp. The other don't really do anything.

• Mc_HartyMc_Harty Member Posts: 3,294
    Too situtational

Only useful for Pallet jukes.

• Bravo0413Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,398
    Kinda trashy

I voted for kinda trashy.

Atm the addons...... they're terrible! I'm just saying it.... they're in the same situation as what most of nurses addons were in or LFS addons are in... where they just... dont.. do anything.... I mean okay, when a player knows how to play and knows the timing the flashlight by its self is a weapon and can slow down the momentum of the killer quite well!.... but the addons are in need for some serious tweaks.. range addons that can actually.... well give decent range would be nice.

• swamptrashswamptrash Member Posts: 64
    Garbage

As killer IF.and i mean a huge IF You do get me with it more often then not i can still tap you making it irrelevant