Home PTB Feedback Archives 3.3.0 PTB Gameplay Feedback
We're currently investigating issues with frame rate on PS4 after the most recent update. Thank you to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and for your patience while we look into this

Nurse nerf is overkill

After continuing testing her today and versing some sweaty swf groups I'm absolutly convinced that the changes you made on Nurse are overkill. Change back her basekit. Do with the addons whatever you want, but revert her basekit.

Comments

• UxoricideUxoricide Member Posts: 218

Agreed... please keep base kit and do whatever to add ons...

@SkeletalElite what are you basing that off of? are you a nurse main?

• SkeletalEliteSkeletalElite Member Posts: 983

Nurse is my main killer yeah. I play a survivor a bit more than I play killer though cuz usually when I play alone I play killer for a few games and get off but when I play survivor I play with my friends and when bash out a ton of games for a few hours then stop.

edited October 2019

Anyways I'll go ahead an elaborate. Survivors are only ever so slightly faster than the nurse, so once you double blink, you fatigue for 2.5 seconds (3 if you lunged) and so then you come out fatigue .5 seconds away from your next blink and 3.5 away from blink 2. Nurse is 3.85 m/s while survivors 4 m/s.

4 m/s x 3.5 s = 14 meters | 3.85 m/s x 3.5 s = 13.475 meters | 14 - 13.475 = .525 meters. So the survivor only gains on the nurse about half a meter farther than they could before the nerf. The only significant impact this has on the nurse is give the survivor more time to attempt to mind game the nurse or break line of sight, something which you should be able to deal with as a good nurse anyways.

If the survivor is still out in the open then you can simply aim well and hit them with the first one too.

Edit: On top of that, you have the option to reduce the cooldown through addons, which practically undoes the nerf

gotcha @SkeletalElite, I think people who are killer mains are more annoyed with the nerf as she is the slowest moving killer and is losing her map control by them messing up the base kit. I get that the add ons needed nerfing but slowing her down and adding additional cd's will just result in camping nurses or killers switching to spirit... You can read more about why it sucks here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/746551#Comment_746551

I think that's fair enough, she's easily the best chase killer in the game, it's fair for her map pressure to not also be the best in the game. Plus you can still achieve lots of pressure by slugging with nurse. Nurse is an insanely good slugger.

ALso a few flaws in that dude's post

1) Nurse does not do a wipe off animation on a blink hit

2) Also that post is assuming that the survivor actually got hit by the blink after the hit and that therefore they are unreachable. They're only going to get that 6 m/s boost once unless they get an insta heal and it only means youre going to have to use one fully charged blink to catch up (when traversing and not going for a hit you should use only one blink)

• justarandyjustarandy Member Posts: 1,711

So you are one of those "good" nurses huh? Can you shoe us some video footage of your games with the new nurse? I'm really excited what the difference between you as a "good" nurse is and all the other nurse mains with over 1k hours is who have pretty much all the same opinion that the basekit nerf is to much and she will drop in the tier list below Billy or even much lower.

1) there is a bug when you try to grab someone it gets canceled which forces the fatigue animation on top of a whipe animation. You not knowing that says to me that you don't play much nurse, at least since spirit release when this bug became very frequent.

edited October 2019

And? Thats a bug and it only happens if a grab bugs out and most of the time youre not even going to be getting grabs. Plus there's the fact that its an unintentional bug that the devs need to fix

I do main nurse when I play killer and I did just fine with nurse in PTB.

Edit: Main difference was is games tended to be much less of a steam roll. Before the nerf even games where the survivors got 2 gens done were quite rare. And it wasn't uncommon for me to get all 4 survivors slugged before even 1 gen pops.

In the PTB the games were a little closer but I was also making mistakes because I wasn't adjusted to waiting on the blink charge yet.

• SkittlesthehuskySkittlesthehusky Member Posts: 396

a person shouldn't be required to upload matches simply because they mention they're a "nurse main" and have provided points that you don't necessarily agree with. it adds nothing to the discussion. keep this in mind.

overall, i believe nurse's "nerf" is fine, though i don't see it as a nerf at all. simply just a rework. she's still able to be played normally by most, even with a slight delay in blinks, and doesn't struggle when it comes to catching up to survivors. it's all in the matter of being able to pace yourself between blinks and keeping note of timing so you don't lose time between actions. this is suitable for the amount of skill the nurse requires to learn in the first place.

• FregglesFredFregglesFred Member Posts: 143

As a Nurse main, myself. I honestly think she's fine. People who relied on Omega Blink consistently and 3 blinks are the ones that are gonna struggle the most.

She's a killer that takes skill, really. This nerf is more of a buff if you're a great nurse. She's perfectly fine, still. I'm happy with the changes!

• EndstilleEndstille Member Posts: 2,246

Okay so how is this a buff? The annoying sound of gaining tokens constantly?

• dfrenchieedfrenchiee Member Posts: 325

I don't see how anything they're doing to her is a buff... she can't even blink through walls with her ultra rare add on.

Just because sounds are annoying, doesn't mean that it's a nerf. It's alerting the player that the blinks are now active. That's the point you mentioned.

Addons are actually a HUGE buff. I don't even need to explain them, they have variety now.

And her base power kit now, it actually makes you patient with your blinks and be more perfect. Mistakes matter. If you screw up, you have to be quick with your actions.

It allows me to think a bit more than just going for it like old Nurse.

Don't rely on her addons, if you need Ultra-Rare addons as a killer consistently, then. Nurse isn't your killer. Go play Spirit for that.

This is my opinion. But she is still the best killer in the game. She still can stop survivors like the way she did. This isn't even overkill as people thought.

• Venom368Venom368 Member Posts: 321

I am in agreement with this. I am 100% convinced that she is still the strongest killer in the game. The blink recharge doesn't feel like it changes the normal 2 blink nurse much at all, and only comes into effect once you add the 3rd blink with the add-on. Her base blink fatigue time after 2 blinks essentially recharges both blinks already with 1 extra second you have to wait.

I personally think her blink power would have to be changed to something else entirely for her to not be the strongest killer in the game. Being able to bypass all of the defenses that survivors have (loops, pallets, etc) is just inherently strong, no matter how much they make slight nerfs to her kit.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 2,554

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Nurse being even less fun on PS4 than she already is. -_-

I wouldn't be annoyed if it were just a nerf, but they're adding a completely new mechanic to an already complex character. And it's not a fun mechanic, no one enjoys cool downs. But instead of adjusting what the Nurse already had, they added a cool down mechanic. And whatever sound cue they choose to indicate that her blinks have recharged is going to get really annoying really fast when it's heard constantly throughout the match.

They were so determined to nerf her base kit they forgot that video games should be fun to play.

• SluzzySluzzy Member Posts: 953

It's 100% a nerf. By the time you get your blinks back, any survivor with a half a brain will be long gone. At Lery's you'll be blinking blindly every 6 secs and survivors that are difficult to predict there will be impossible to catch because of the charge mechanic. It's a horrific nerf and if they don't change it back then she won't be rank 1 viable. You don't have time to think against SWF, it's 100% non-stop blinking to have the slightest chance at winning.

Require? What are you on about? I just want to see how this professional nurse is dominating some sweaty swf groups with the new nurse so I can learn something lol.

She can still blink through walls, with a cooldown that doesn't even matter. She can still dominate SWF. If she couldn't blink through walls, and such, then it'd be a different story.

I honestly think everyone who is complaining is still over-reacting. This is not a nerf at all. A cooldown, that takes 6 seconds to get back. 3 seconds actually, since fatigue is an instant blink back. So, sorry?

I'm a Nurse main, I don't see the big issue. This just helps me get better and precise.

Maybe do the same?

edited October 2019

Can you teach me how to be more precise? I'm really struggling with her. I don't know what I'm missing; everyone seems to have an easier time of it than I do.

It's mostly about timing, and prediction. You have to learn the range of her blinks, and get the memory down for her. You won't master her on your first 5 matches.

She's a killer that takes time. Play both sides, and you'll learn how others think as going against, and playing her.

edited October 2019

I've put soooo many hours into her. Easily hundreds of matches. Unfortunately, I almost never see her when I play survivor. Maybe once a month. And then they either camp hooks, use NOED, or never actually down anyone.

When I try to play as her, I can usually land blinks pretty precisely around gens. It's hard to get it perfect, though. But in a chase, even when it seems like I'm right on top of a survivor after a blink, by the time she's swinging her blade they're usually too far away. Even with sensitivity at 100%, she never seems to turn around quickly enough to hit a survivor behind her if I try to cut them off. I get most of my downs with her when survivors try to juke around trees or walls and I just float at them without blinking.

edited October 2019

No she can't anymore. The new nurse can only dominate some average survivors. Against the Creme de la Creme swf sweaty survivors it's not gonna be possible to dominate anymore.