We are currently investigating this incident.
A SWF Matchmaking Solution for Everyone
Instead of the new "match by highest rank" stuff that prevents players with high rank friends playing together it should keep the old average matchmaking BUT with a few tweaks.
- People above rank 10 should be weighted more the farther from 10 they progress
- People below rank 10 should be weighted less the farther from 10 they degress
- Old Matchmaking:
- Surv R1 + Surv R20 = Killer R10
- Current Matchmaking:
- Surv R1 + Surv R20 = Killer R1
- SUGGESTED MATCHMAKING
- Surv R1 + Surv R20 = Killer around R5-6
The idea is for the Rank 1 to be more important to matchmaking and the Rank 20 to be less important in a SWF scenario.
This way a single high rank paired with a single low rank still has a chance to carry that low rank but also won't get an incredibly easy game.
Obviously how heavily weighted the higher ranks and lightly weighted the low ranks are would need to be WIBed (whatever is balanced)
What do you guys think?