Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What got you into Dead By Daylight?

Comments

• edgarpoopedgarpoop Member Posts: 5,805

Roommate got it on sale during the Hallowed Blight event last year. He suggested I try it out since we're both horror nerds. I got it and instantly fell in love.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

I've been watching the game since 2016 but I couldn't play it until December 2017🎃

• GuiltronGuiltron Member Posts: 149

Watched some of my favorite Youtubers play the game, and then I bought it on January 2017.

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

The one player (killer) hunting and killing 4 innocent survivors gameplay, I just love it.

• NuclearBurritoNuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Asymmetrical stealth.

I really want games in that genre

• CaptainCastleCaptainCastle Member Posts: 537

I bought it for mikey. Super glad they're nerfing him in ew1 lol

• ArrowTheGreat11ArrowTheGreat11 Member Posts: 306

My favorite Youtuber was playing it so I got hooked for a bit. Forgot all about it until it became free on PS Plus and haven’t stopped playing since

• LarisaLarisa Member Posts: 177

Friend showed me this game. But when I found out it had Michael Myers in it I had no doubts

• LordLoboXLordLoboX Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2019

I bought DBD the day after it launched on the PS4. I haven't looked back since. I was into Friday The 13th at the time, but it always annoyed me that I couldn't choose to be Jason. When I heard there was a similar game out that gave me the option to play as killer, or survivor, I picked it up.

Now I own it on PS4, Xbox One, PC, and looking into getting it on the Switch.

There is something very addicting about DBD...

• OMagic_ManOOMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

Vanoss playing it when it was newer and I loved Michael Myers, both got me into it.

• SupernautSupernaut Member Posts: 1,461

Massive horror movie fan, saw new game being released featuring chance to stalk and kill teens. Picked it up and barely played it. Then the Halloween DLC came out and I started to pour in the hours. I've not looked back since!

I'd consider myself a film fan first, gamer second, so the more Horror Icons the better!

• Dwight_FairfieldDwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 5,967

Two friends of mine who I was always playing Friday the 13th with kept telling me I should play it. When I heard Michael Myers was in it, that clinched it.

• GemaniacalGemaniacal Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2019

A streamer I discovered during the PC F13: Game beta, went on to play this once that beta wrapped up. I was new to the Asymmetrical horror scene, and instantly developed a respect for DBD, simply for being in that same genre. A game type that I couldn't wait to get my hands on. And, oh yeah, seeing Michael Myers was in the game, didn't hurt!

Initially picked it up on console, as a simple alternative to F13:The Game. Just as a side/break, type game. But it quickly grew on me, and consumed my life. Thus having the opposite of affect, lol.

Post edited by Gemaniacal on
  • SteelDragonSteelDragon Member Posts: 745

I played another 4v1 game called Evolve stage 2, man I miss that game. it was so great but 2K pulled the plug because they are a garbage greedy company, I loved the 4v1 format and so I looked at DBD, bought and played it since. big thing is that evolve stage 2 was so much more balanced than DBD, and it had a shorter life to.....

• thrawn3054thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,283

Played F13. Then heard there was a game I could play as Michael Myers. As Halloween is my favorite horror franchise I had to try it.

• AldoferAldofer Member Posts: 458

luck that one day i was bored and install a random game on my ps4 and then move on pc

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

My kid brother showed it to me when he brought his PS4 over to my house one day. After that, saw some game footage of it being played by COMPETENT ppl and it got my attention.

• RainbowPatooieRainbowPatooie Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2019

I watched a YouTuber play it sometime soon after its release, added it to my steam wishlist, and forgot about it. Then one day I saw an email saying it was 50% off so I decided to finally pick it up. Found out almost immediately after that a majority of the friend group I was currently playing other games with had dbd so I started to play with them, and I became hooked.

• Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703

Mid 2017: Always been a massive horror film fan but there always seemed to be a lack of decent licensed games. Got Friday 13th near enough on release. Superb game. Then heard Michael Myers was coming to Dead By Daylight on the PC. Brought it on PS4 soon afterwards and have been pretty addicted ever since.

• MandyMandy Administrator, Co-ordinator, BHVR Posts: 19,335

For me it was my son. I'm a single parent and he was a teenager, it was something that we could play together and have an interest with together...so it was an opportunity to hold a connection with a growing teenager who thought his mother was lame!

It's been an amazing experience I have to say, and I have absolutely no regrets.

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 330

I still love Friday the 13th alot and I got back to it after it was free for gold.

• Raven014Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188

For me it was seeing Achievement hunter play it. What sold me was the Freddy vid they did. As an experienced player now though.... they don't use any perks and don't use addons... and they don't really know how to play certain killers. They couldn't even use GF's stalk right, I dread to think what they'll do to Demogorgon...

It just seems that they were decent with the simpler killers, but the more advanced ones of late are too much for them to look into before recording.

Don't get me wrong, I still find Ryan killing people mercilessly as funny, but in a similar way I view a bunch of new players going against me when I'm killer... a little disheartening at the same time.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 3,535

I started playing back in 2016-17 cause I loved the idea of playing as a Killer. I love Slasher films and the idea of playing as one of those and hunting down the survivors seemed like a lot of fun! I mained Trapper, got good at figuring out paths and places to put traps. It was fun... It was, for some time till the balance in those days pushed me away...

Then came Legion. I looked at the teasers for Legion and was interested. I am likely one of the few that was happy the trailer lied about there power in a way. I didn't want to hide what I was. I was put off by that till the first time i saw someone use Feral Frenzy. I bought the DLC (the only DLC i've ever bought completely) and haven't looked back. Yall wonder why I am so passionate about getting Legion they help they need? It's right there. Legion brought me back to this game and got me hooked again. They are so much fun with the Rish Down, Blitz attack Playstyle that I can't get enough. There lore got me hooked too, as I grew up in a town like Ormand. I'm a member of The Legion for life now, and will never look back or run away. This is no place for cowards.

• KillermainBTWm8KillermainBTWm8 Member Posts: 4,212

I was forced. Friends wanted me to play a ton for some reason. So I started playing late beta. Now I'm stuck here.

• AwakeyAwakey Member Posts: 3,145

Got stuck in a cycle of getting angry at DbD, then playing Overwatch/Apex and getting angry, then going back to DbD, etc.

• WhTe_Tygre_DBDWhTe_Tygre_DBD Member Posts: 295

I watched the SDMN play and I thought it was the best game ever and I got it and was very impressed and I instantly got hooked

• KaijuKaiju Member Posts: 527

Quizzle's live stream and I couldn't get it until October 2017 after that I couldn't stop playing

• sensualsatansensualsatan Member Posts: 92

Got the game gifted to me back in November 2017. Before, I only watched a couple big name Youtubers play it. I didn't play it at all as I didn't know anyone who played it. I found Monto in my Youtube recommended feed and was instantly hooked on it (No pun intended). The game is really awesome and I love experiencing what Dead by Daylight has to offer.

• itsmetimohthyitsmetimohthy Member Posts: 43

Honestly, EdgarAlanBroLive got me back into it.