The November 2019 Developer Update is now available: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/103996/
Chapter 14 Teaser:
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

DBD’s current state

sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 513

Obviously I find the rift unethical however the rift is the least of its issues. Servers are trash yet seem to have been launched regardless. DBD depends on its content to merely stay alive and they are burning themselves out. If they stop making content the game collapses.

Comments

• HeroLivesHeroLives Member Posts: 1,602
    edited October 22

I’m sure the swap from non dedicated to dedicated is new for an independent game company especially when they’ll have to code for the difference for in game functions, and graphics. They’ll have to also figure their parameters for what the servers can and can’t function with as far as capacity and adjust. It’s not a small task. Plus there’s synchronizing it to the engine.

• FriendlyGuyFriendlyGuy Member Posts: 1,408

If they would fix unbalanced things like Moris and Keys plus a huge load of bugfixes, i would skip a DLC for that one.

• sorrowensorrowen Member Posts: 513
    edited October 22

But if they skip even one dlc the game takes a big hit. But the games health should be more important then dlc and cosmetics.

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

A quick borrowed post from @NMCKE

If they released Dedicated Servers and etc., you will instead hear this from everyone, "Ugh, great year BHVR, you gave us terrible servers," "Thank you for the poor Halloween Event BHVR," "Poor summer event BHVR, as expected," and so on — the forums will be on fire if BHVR released an incomplete project. It seems like BHVR gets the blame regardless of what they do, so please, chillax, stay positive 😕

BHVR is doing the best they can, and I wished y'all took a different point of view instead of pointing fingers at BHVR 24/7.

I'm just going to leave this here, I will always stand beside @MandyTalk's quote:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/617101#Comment_617101

The Developers care greatly about their player base and are constantly striving to keep both "sides" happy. They also care greatly about the game that THEY created.

They give regular updates, answer as many questions as possible about things they can discuss - obviously they cannot discuss up and coming stuff because all of that is kept secret. They share their time and as much information as they possibly can. You can also find them in a lot of streams talking to the Community, answering questions and helping people as much as possible.

They are trying to please so many people at once from different sides of the game and for someone to say that they're just trying to infuriate people is frankly incredibly disappointing - I expected better from the Community than that.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 579

Hopefully killers will stop getting the short end of the stick then, so lower tier killers can be actually playable. I don't care for surv nerfs, gen times, anything. I just want more bearable killers.

• ocafghanistanocafghanistan Member Posts: 1,453

also with the lobby and connection bugs this game has been unplayable on xbox for the past 2 weeks

• BenZ0BenZ0 Member Posts: 492

Its not that bad how you discribe it, the game will not be immedialty dead if they stop doing dlcs. But the game surely needs alot of fixes and balances, they promised that us in the year 3 anniversary livestream, lets see if they will hold there word.

• PluPlu Member Posts: 1,166

They own Eternal crusade, which run on dedicated servers for some years now and they are really bad and lagspikes alot, it's not their first time.

Besides, that doesn't excuse anything, you don't launch unstable dedicated servers, period, yet they did...why ?

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

The servers haven't been launched. They're still technically being tested.

If no major kinks come out though I think they will just leave it as how it is right now. And to be honest I really don't think the servers are bad.

We have a few people here complaining they are off their game now as a result, but for each one who has a problem there's a lot more who don't have problems.

I actually have no issue with the dedicated servers as they are right now.

• MochanMochan Member Posts: 2,886

Killers don't get the short end of the stick. That's just Killer Victimhood Complex talking.

Objectively speaking Killers have gotten far more buffs and Survivors have gotten far more nerfs.

• CrowFoxyCrowFoxy Member Posts: 579

But that was all very, very understandable and also necessary.

• megdonaldsmegdonalds Member Posts: 506

Actually I had a quite good experience with dedicated servers lately, at least as survivor. As killer there are still some issues here and there but it works fine too. And I had always great ping. Tbh, I would rather play with dedicated servers on live now than facing killers with terribad pings or lagswitching all the day because P2P is actually trash and too abusable in that way.

• Mr_KMr_K Member Posts: 1,674

Servers seem to be released on PC. 13 Days and still "testing".

• UlvenDagothUlvenDagoth Member Posts: 2,813

Im sure you have seen old school DBD and WHY there haas been alot of nerfs right? Cause if you haven't you need too, it was so bad.