Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions

What is being toxic? Community brainstorm

2»

Comments

• kone19kone19 Member Posts: 72
    edited October 2019

I don’t get how tunneling is toxic. Before I came to this forum I did it and still do it. Not out of animosity or grudge or anything. Getting another hook on a survivor will rarely be less beneficial than chasing a different survivor likely at full health. Unless they are good at kiting a killer then it may not be worth the chase when I could be chasing a weaker survivor and getting hooks. Just seems like the most obvious route to take. I guess if you are just endlessly chasing one person while all other generators are finished I can see that but isn’t that the survivor’s goal? Hide or kite the killer till everyone can get out?

• pemberleypemberley Member Posts: 1,510

Are you being rude and intentionally trying to make someone feel bad or ruin their fun?

If you answer yes, you’re being toxic.

• JiggleWiggleJiggleWiggle Member Posts: 314

When you let a survivor crawl all the way to the exit line just to pick him up and kill him

• LordGlintLordGlint Member Posts: 6,586

Heres a new one. These are becoming common enough that I made a folder on my desktop titled "DBD Salty endgame chats".

• StupidPalletsStupidPallets Member Posts: 395

Sometimes when im bored I go around the map and slam all the pallets down prematurely. Then I hide, and when my 3 teammates are dead I use hatch to escape.

• CarlosyluCarlosylu Member Posts: 2,948

You did somewhat start it with the "looking for hatch?" though, LOL

• SanityNightSanityNight Member Posts: 101

Being toxic, would be going out of your way to make the match horrible or, point where your making the game unfair for either the killer or other survivors (or both).

The guy died from EGC while holding a key and not even TOUCHING a door. It was an actual question.

• InnCognitoInnCognito Member Posts: 710
    edited October 2019

Im going to guess that this Match got OUT of control because of Player frustration. The BBQ usually enrages people since I can see WHY someone being found after a Hook. Wouldn't be too happy. I kinda Wish there was perhaps NO chat lobby anymore.

I mean that pretty much IS what happens in competitive chat lobbies. Players don't care about BANS. They will buy a new copy of the game and continue on being toxic.

-Advice for BHVR. -

I owned SRCDS servers on an IBM blade system 2007-2014 and OMG, it was ALWAYS like that. Cheese'd off gamers (not saying server name due to licensing) But I can say that the PROPER method of mitigating toxicity was to MUTE BAN the player vs account ban, so they STILL kept the same copy of the GAME . and just let them play the game. and it KEPT them from talking on my servers. Most players weren't going to fork out money just to drop in again and trash-talk. But if they were account banned. THey were RIGHT back at it.

They still would come to my server. View my ads. generate revenue and of course if they wanted to STILL play on the server (WHICH THEY DID) I made MONEY. Id rather have a FULL server of Muted players, making me ad revenue.

Now if they were cheating on the other hand.. Yeah.. Total ban. 30-60 days. VS permaban. I learned in Psychology the human mind on Risk V reward and how bad behavior works. If I do JUST enough to mitigate the problem. It dials back the issue. Vs if I did total bans. Someone would be more enticed to come BACK and cause MORE issues.

BBQ is actually not really a problem. The huntress had a rough match and only made any real comeback at the very end. This person was just being rude. I feel like the killer couldve picked ANY killer/perks, and they wouldve still said garbage like this.

• NinoV1NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

Got tunneled off hook twice in the same game last night by a spirit after I brought in BPS.

Literally the scummiest thing you can do.

This discussion has been closed.