Home Dead by Daylight Forums Discussions General Discussions
FORUM MAINTENANCE

On Wednesday 7th December 2022, from 1.30pm the forum will be down for maintenance, this can take up to 3 hours to complete. We apologise for any inconvenience this will cause.

Please for the Love of God....

If you have Garbage internet STOP trying to host lobbies.

I don't play Survivor often, but it seems when I do 4 out of 10 Matches its some guy with the cheapest internet connection possible.

Comments

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615
    edited August 2018

    It's not their internet it's your distance from them most of the time. It's peer to peer and ranked.

    Do I have bad internet if I'm in the US and an Australian joins the match I'm hosting then they lag horribly?

    If you see a high ping just dodge the killer.

  • VortexasVortexas Member Posts: 757

    @Bbbrian2013 said:
    It's not their internet it's your distance from them most of the time. It's peer to peer and ranked.

    Do I have bad internet if I'm in the US and an Australian joins the match I'm hosting then they lag horribly?

    If you see a high ping just dodge the killer.

    Not always bro.

    Being from the South I get partnered with Mexican killers alot, holy ######### those games are lag fests for EVERYONE. And I practically live on the border!

    I get better games from people hosting from freaking Canada.

  • EasylifeEasylife Member Posts: 163

    Use the ping indicator shown in the bottom right during the lobby screen.
    If your connection to the killer is bad then instead of clicking "ready", leave to find a new game.

  • LowbeiLowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    Easylife said:

    Use the ping indicator shown in the bottom right during the lobby screen.
    If your connection to the killer is bad then instead of clicking "ready", leave to find a new game.

    most connection “issues” that arent distance from server, are infrequent spikes, and thus not indicated well in the lobby
  • TsulanTsulan Member Posts: 13,239

    This has been a problem caused because survivors complained about long lobby ques.

    Back in October (i really love this story!), David King was released with We gonna farm forever. Killers had nothing alike and everyone switched to survivor to get those whooping 200% bonus BPs.
    Not enough killers around, because, let´s be honest. Killer was a ungrateful (and still is) job. Apart of the game being terribly balanced towards survivors.

    So the devs took 2 steps to reduce the 45+ minute ques:

    • release BBQ, also partly to address the constant camper threads (we all know, how much you hate not being camped)
    • remove region lock, so you can get matches with people from around the world.
      Without region lock, you get faster ques, but at the price of... higher ping.

    I sometimes have lobbies with people from NA, Russia, Thailand and Japan in the same lobby. While i sit in Europe. Everyone has a horrible ping, but everyone clicks ready and half of the people complain after the match about my terrible connection.

  • FIEND8LOODEDFIEND8LOODED Member Posts: 334

    @Vortexas said:
    If you have Garbage internet STOP trying to host lobbies.

    I don't play Survivor often, but it seems when I do 4 out of 10 Matches its some guy with the cheapest internet connection possible.

    or they could just play the game that they payed for, regardless of your whining.

  • yeetyeet Member Posts: 1,824

    pretty selfish statement, not every country has access to high speed internet.

  • OrionOrion Member Posts: 21,675

    @yeet said:
    pretty selfish statement, not every country has access to high speed internet.

    And if so, they shouldn't be playing a game that requires a good Internet connection. It's as much a requirement as any piece of hardware.

  • DavideDavide Member Posts: 32

    @Orion said:

    @yeet said:
    pretty selfish statement, not every country has access to high speed internet.

    And if so, they shouldn't be playing a game that requires a good Internet connection. It's as much a requirement as any piece of hardware.

    So sad that most of the people here don't have a foocking idea of what they are talking about, as you actually need quite low downloading band to run the game optimally. It's not about ho much good the connection is.

  • BBQnDemogorgonBBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

    @Davide said:

    @Orion said:

    @yeet said:
    pretty selfish statement, not every country has access to high speed internet.

    And if so, they shouldn't be playing a game that requires a good Internet connection. It's as much a requirement as any piece of hardware.

    So sad that most of the people here don't have a foocking idea of what they are talking about, as you actually need quite low downloading band to run the game optimally. It's not about ho much good the connection is.

    It's hard to tell when people are serious about connection issues. I've never had an unplayable game in DbD unless it was an actual lag switch.

    A lot of people hide behind connection as an excuse for losses/mistakes. Connection is rarely an excuse if they're coming across bad connections regularly maybe they're the issue?

  • BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 13,609

    @Vortexas said:
    If you have Garbage internet STOP trying to host lobbies.

    That's not for you to decide.

  • Grey87Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited August 2018

    Leave if you see high ping.
    Simple.
    I've seen enough idiots when I played bit more often a couple months ago or so.
    They get into the lobby , I see they have 200-300 ping. I pray they leave cuz I don't rly wanna play with lagging survivors.
    What they do? They ready up and then in end chat they talk about lag.
    Are you ######### serious?
    :|

Sign In or Register to comment.