The 3.5.0 update is starting to roll out today! For more info, click here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121902/
Please be sure to check here before reporting any new issues: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/122269/
We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Charms: your opinion

Dr_LoomisDr_Loomis Member Posts: 1,255

What do you think of the newly included charms available in the rift?

Charms: your opinion 96 votes

A great addition to the game
28%
myers_obsessionMister_xDFibijeandrimmalorshardsHatCreatureTheLegendDyl4n1ElkMiss_BritanniaAxX7891CJsDBDwhammigobambamGrootDudeBigbootiejudy666Boosted_DwightPhoxypperin[Deleted User]oh_0kEnderloganYT 27 votes
Pointless tat
44%
BossLuigifan64GibberishStevoDaddyTrappersGirlCL4P_TRAP_ERMiriamGAcesthetiicSpacingLlamasEnviouSLAYTapeKnotAshleyWBceerooverJacoby2041se05239Dolphin9192Micheal_MyersChmurkazKnucklesJawsIsTheNextKiller 43 votes
Ok but they don't fit the feel of the game
27%
FoggyDownpourKotentopfSeiko300kodiakyBlueberryCrtKazzJoyfulLeaderAven_FallenFog_KingTheRockstarKnightWalker_of_the_fog_96Blue_DiamondDreskiDonnycJiggleWigglePyroDudemusstang62PassarinoTCreepingcam1070DarootLeafstorm 26 votes

Comments

• se05239se05239 Member Posts: 3,920
    Pointless tat

You'd have to look harder for more pointless cosmetics in games.

• gaydavidkinggaydavidking Member Posts: 128

I wouldn't say they're the best things 5ever or anything, but they're cute. What's the harm?

• PyroDudePyroDude Member Posts: 371

Some of them look neat but that's it.

My guess is they were only made so they fill gaps between cosmetics in the rift.

• vossler25vossler25 Member Posts: 416

Customisations are always nice, puts your personal touch to the game to a level

• EnviouSLAYEnviouSLAY Member Posts: 228
    Pointless tat

its cool for killer hooks kinda..but overall they are tacky. But tacky isn't always bad.

• TheRockstarKnightTheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 633

I just don't really feel like they belong.

I don't hate Charms, but I don't feel like they look good on Killer hooks or are visible enough on Survivors to really justify their existence as cosmetics. But that's just my IMO.

• Ok but they don't fit the feel of the game

Meh😒

• Creepingcam1070Creepingcam1070 Member Posts: 301

They are cool and all but I don't think we need them but hey I'm fine with them

• KnucklesKnuckles Member Posts: 215
    Pointless tat

As a visual it's ok...but that's about it.

• SebaOutbreakSebaOutbreak Member Posts: 134

Not great but not bad either. Some of them hardly stand out though.

But hey, more content is always welcome.

• doitagain_doitagain_ Member Posts: 359
    Pointless tat

They're pointless, tacky and don't fit the game at all. Charms just feel like one of those ideas that shouldn't have left the drawing board.

Can the devs add a toggle option to remove charms from visibility?

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580
    Pointless tat

I really do not care about these at all.

• BossBoss Member, Trusted Posts: 8,377
    Pointless tat

Cute, but not for me.

Particularly not a fan that they hang on Hooks for Killers, meaning i'll only see them when i hook Survivors, and only for a second or 5.

• SanityNightSanityNight Member Posts: 70

They ate okay, don't get me wrong. I wish they went more along with the theme, for example maybe make them look like offerings instead? And I wish they were more noticeable on survivors.

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,911

They're not like amazing. They're cute. They don't fit the feel of a horror game, but since I'd hardly call DbD a horror game, anyway, the charms are fine.

The only problem is that you can only use three at a time. Survivors have all that room around their waist to have a charm-bracelet-like belt with a dozen charms dangling from it. Hooks, too, could easily be covered top to bottom in charms. Might as well let players decorate their stuff like a grandma drowning her shelves in knickknacks.

• Miss_BritanniaMiss_Britannia Member Posts: 163

I wish they were in a better place, like around the wrist or maybe somewhere you can see them.

• DeKillerKillerDeKillerKiller Member Posts: 545
    Pointless tat

I am not a fan of them, but my completionist instincts are telling me to collect them all.

• ElkElk Member, Trusted Posts: 1,634

Needs more Sparkles! ✨ or Glows.

• Nyaren_ChanNyaren_Chan Member Posts: 194

They're kinda cute, especially that Claudette plushie.. but unfortunately i first thought they would have an actual purpose ( Bonus BP ? .. )

• MasantonioMasantonio Member Posts: 2,431

I'm indifferent.

• Bigbootiejudy666Bigbootiejudy666 Member Posts: 404

they're cute or whatevea

• Luigifan64Luigifan64 Member Posts: 745
    Pointless tat

If only you had to actually EARN them would they be cool, but you can just buy your way through the rift like a dumbass (and yes, people have already done that for some reason) and get all the charms through BS ways. The only charms that are cool are the ones from the tones because those are the ONLY ones you can’t throw money at to get.

• ChmurkazChmurkaz Member Posts: 25
    Pointless tat

In my opinion they should do more than Just look good (not like you See them on survivors anyway unless you look close) like give 1% bonus in something (bonus to certain perks, speed of certain action but never running speed) like claudette one could give 1% faster healing and trapper 1% faster placing traps. Not much but at least they wouldn't be worthless

• TragicSolitudeTragicSolitude Member Posts: 1,911

They said they won't have them affect gameplay like that because then it'd be pay-to-win. A small bonus to BP earning seems reasonable to me, though. I'd like that.

• UrbanEvadingUrbanEvading Member Posts: 32

They’re nothing too special. I suppose it’s a nice addition for a little extra customisation. Other than that, they don’t really feel like they belong in this game.

• AshleyWBAshleyWB Member Posts: 3,636
    Pointless tat

I don't dislike them I just think they are just too small to even be considered 'desirable'.

If they had another purpose and Survivor charms were a little bigger then fine.

• HatCreatureHatCreature Member Posts: 3,293

I hope in time we will get charms that aren't just faces and perk icons. This can get very creative if they allow themselves and we all know that the design is amazing at making up some sick cosmetics, Hallowed Blight is an obvious indicator of that so I'm sure future charms will reflect their talent later.