We have updated our Forum Rules. Please take a moment to read through them: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87004/

Stop Dcing

It would nice to play a match on either side without someone dcing because they don't like what the other person is using. Its like Payday 2 all over again.

Comments

• GhostofYharnamGhostofYharnam Member Posts: 339

Thats the thing tho. We need something to change the meta otherwise people are going to keep using it and the cycle will continue

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 402

Most of the DC's I see happen either immediately after a survivor figures out who the killer is or after first dying state before being hooked. Killer is usually near end of match if they haven't hooked anyone. Both seem like players being poor sports to me. Not sure what to suggest to change that.

• premiumRICEpremiumRICE Member Posts: 613

There will always be somebody not happy about the meta so instead of changing that implement a ststdm that punish/prevent dcs

• SleepyWilloSleepyWillo Member Posts: 566

I had 3 killers dc in a row last night in the first couple of minutes. Always when a hex totem was taken out.

• KenshinKenshin Member Posts: 912

nah, the devs dont care so why should the players care. even streamers do it and show it of to the community. a dev actually said its ok to dc as long as you dont do it too much lol.

• ifeelthelagsifeelthelags Member Posts: 12

Yes.

• Lost_in_the_FogLost_in_the_Fog Member Posts: 402

Wow. That's pretty sad. If you don't think you can come back from an early game hex cleanse then why are you playing killer at all? Or better question, if you can't handle the idea that you MIGHT lose a match why are you playing this game at all? I understand being competitive but I still can't figure out how someone can rationalize being competitive AND being a quitter.

• PistolTimbPistolTimb Member Posts: 1,414
    edited November 2019

Stop making excuses for people who DC. Doesn't matter the circumstances. People who do it are petty and childish.

• concious_consumerconcious_consumer Member Posts: 282

I d/c when I see that somebody else d/c'd. It's not like killer will realize that he played 3vs1 whole game and gonna give me hatch after being looped for 5 gens

• VincentRedfieldVincentRedfield Member Posts: 285

As the killer mains say "your fun is not my responsibility." I'm not obligated to play against moris or such just as killers are not obligated to play against SWF.

• vossler25vossler25 Member Posts: 416

If you play a game, whatever you're up against, deal with it, suck it up buttercup, the killer job is to ruin your enjoyment and survivors are meant to ruin the killers, difference is that killers gets to ruin up to 4 players fun I've played both sides, I see Mori used, I just play pure objective and survival, y'all can die, if all is safe then maybe I'll heal, depends on if it would benefit me later, but it's gens or hatch with Mori, I see a key, swiggity swag, your death's in the bag, I see a SFW I turn up the bass, swing chain, jump rope, dying light, ruin, thanatophobia, save the best for last, Freddy coming to give y'all the worse nightmare ever, forget escape, I'll catch up sooner, gens will be forever, you're best bet is be really, really, really stealthy and get them alarm clocks, cause you ain't getting a gen otherwise, and the longer your gens take, the more hooks and hits I get that isn't obsession, the worse it gets for you, or hatch, for obsession only haha does it mean Freddy is OP? No, gen perks still able to power through very effectively, just every SFW salt loser makes it seem like this, I've been up against it and the pressure was awesome, it actually felt like I was trying to survive, it actually felt like I was at the killer mercy, as it should be, I can hear when he is nearby, I just need to be ultra stealthy, hard but very doable, I've done it, but it was the most fun I ever had, every other killer is dull, it's just multiple ways to lose, Freddy needs to stay as he is, I love the pressure of being at the mercy of a killer and not bully a killer, that makes no sense to be able to do, or am I the only survivor that likes a game about surviving a killer actually be about surviving a killer?

• concious_consumerconcious_consumer Member Posts: 282

k when you will fix the game first

• RydogRydog Member Posts: 1,580

Disconnecting is going to continue to be an issue unless and until the developers come down very harshly against it. I can't believe this is a discussion we're still having more than three years into an online competitive multiplayer game's life.

• DBD_PinheadDBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 477

Early hex cleanse = DC to find a better RNG placement.